“Great Food, Great Service, Great Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neptune, New Jersey
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We dined last night at Bistro by the Beach and what a lovely dinner we had! A few hundred feet from the Spring Lake Boardwalk, we were able to have a nice stroll before our 7:30 reservation. As we were walking into the restaurant, a couple was walking out, they had no reservations & the restaurant was booked. Reservations are available on Open Table.com, be sure to book, especially on a summer weekend!
We were seated immediately, the dining room was decorated nicely, very cozy. It's a BYOB too. Our waitress, Chrissy came over, wine was opened, water served, menus in hand & Chrissy told us about their specials, our dining experience had begun.
The specials were great, my fiancé had the Organic Spring Salad with strawberries, candied walnuts & a lime vinagrette, I had a taste, it was delicious! She had the other appie special as her entrée, a Tuna taco, she loved both! I had the soup off the menu, a lobster chowder, excellent! My entrée was another special, the surf & turf, a Kobe filet with a stuffed lobster tail, it was excellent also!
Throughout our dinner, we were constantly being catered too, the entire staff really hustles! At one point our waitress was busy so the busboy came over to take our check when I was ready to pay!
For dessert, we shared the lemon cheesecake, very lemony, deelish!
We dine quite frequently at the Jersey Shore & I can tell you, this is a hidden treasure! I hate even to write this review & let the cat out of the bag but they deserve the recognition! Well done, we'll be back real soon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Jersey
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is a real gem. The food was not only delicious, it was presented beautifully. Service was outstanding too.
My wife and I went for dinner here after driving an hour and fifteen minutes to walk on the boardwalk and follow it with dinner. I am salivating just thinking about how good this dinner really was!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Somerset, New Jersey
“This travel agent loves "Bistro by the Beach"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I spent Mother's Day with my children & grandchildren at "Bistro by the Beach" in Spring Lake, N.J. I am totally impressed with the chef ..... and I've travelled extensively as a travel agent for "Avenue Travel American Express". The service was excellent, and that is not easy when we had a table for 18. The food was delicious. The presentation of the food was like "eye candy". The staff is friendly and willing to work with you on special needs, concerns. We had a great dining experience and I recommend this restaurants to friends & clients alike.....call ahead for reservations....ask for a table by the window!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“VERY enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just happened, by chance, to discover this eatery. We're SO glad we did. The chef's eclectic menu choices, using the finest ingredients, combined with his masterful presentation, makes this dining experience, indisputably, one of the best restaurants in Spring Lake, NJ.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean, NJ
“It just keeps improving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here many times, including last night. I was on TripAdvisor and thought I should put a review in. In reading the other reviews they are correct about the food. It is creative. The chef, BJ, is a master with lobster. I have had 2 of the best lobster dishes I have ever had here, one was a lobster tempura. He cares about fresh ingrediants and serving you a meal you will savor. The service can be a bit slow in the off season. My opinion is this is due to Spring Lake being a seasonal area and they cannot be fully staffed all year. In the summer they are fully staffed and service does not seem to be an issue. The service is always pleasant and the food is always delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere