“I'd go again” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Doolan's Shore Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Essex & Sussex Avenues
Transit: Spring Lake Train Station 3 blocks away
Description: The new Shore Club Grille features prime steaks, fresh grilled seafood and other specialties, all of which come with a choice of salad and potato making it one of the best values and best kept secrets at the Jersey Shore. Side dishes like creamed spinach, sauteed onions & mushrooms and grilled asparagus complete the menu along with all homemade desserts from the in-house bakery.
“I'd go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed and ate at Doolans and enjoyed the place very much. Everyone was friendly and the food was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Nothing Stellar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Overall our experience at Doolan's was nothing more then average. We went there because of a travel deal got. I can't say we will go back. The staff was very nice when we checked in. The decor of the loby was very pretty (bar when you first walk in, beautiful chandeliers in the lobby) and we walked up a beautiful staircase to get to our room. The door was incredibly hard to get open but the room was nice enough, bedding was pretty and there was a very comfortable mattress. However our room was right above one of the ballrooms or dining rooms and there was some sort of event going on downstairs. After almost a 4 hour drive all we wanted to do was take a nap but the volume of the party downstairs made that very impossible. In our 2 day stay the lights in our room stopped working twice and we had to wait almost 2 hours for them to be fixed the first time. The staff was not very understanding or polite when we told them about our electricity. Half the tv channels that were supposed to work didnt. There were no accessable outlets near the bed for us to plug in our cellphones that we use for alarm clocks, another minor inconvenience. The best part of our experience at Doolan's was the bartenders on Wednesday and Thursday night. They were very friendly and accomidating and fun to talk with. All in all the food was amazing, staff mostly friendly and accomidating and the lodging adequate but I do not see my husband and I returning as guests in the near future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“must of been good in the 50s”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was the most difficult place to do business with, could not get them to send a confirmation by email, twice! They said they would mail the confirmations, but we were traveling and not at home, but when we got home, there was no confirmation(s) in the mail. It must have been in its hay day in the very early 50s, but, nothing has been done to the place since. It makes Days Inns or the Bates motel look like the Ritz Carlton!! Our room was very small, the air conditioning worked but was so noisy was difficult to sleep. Our room was not vacumned the three days we were there. The management was lacking inter-personnal skills and not helpful at all when we checked out and had discrepencies with our bill. We travel a lot and had we not been babysitting our grandson while our daughter and son in law were involved in someones wedding, we would have left in a heart beat! All I can say, is you should take every opportunity to avoid this place and seek other lodging. I could not find a listing on Tripadvisor as a hotel that makes sense, since it really isn't a hotel at all. That is why I am using the restaurant review.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phila, PA
“Excellent food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The selection was wonderful. The atmosphere was beautiful. The food was delicious! Just to give some extra credit to the staff, I suffer from seizures & went into one as we were leaving. Two staff members, I wish I knew knew their names, sat with me & held my hand while my boyfriend pulled up the car. Then they assisted me to the car. I was very grateful for their care & attention. I would travel from Philly just to have dinner here again. They made that much of an impact on me!

Visited April 2012
New Jersey
“Drink, Eat, and Have Fun at Doolan's Shore Club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you are looking for a nice dinner as a couple or a group at a reasonable price, Doolan's Shore Club has what you're looking for. If you go before 6 PM, they have a Twilight Menu and the variety they offer pleases everyone. If you can't make it by 6 PM for the Twilight, then their regular menu is equally delicious. Drink, Eat, and Have Fun at Doolan's Shore Club!

Visited April 2012