“Nice location and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Rd.
Westport, Connecticut
“Nice location and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Had a lovely dinner here. Appetizers were delicious and lobster didn't disappoint. Good location for a large group. We were just two, but feel was still warm and cozy even though it's a pretty large spot. Service was prompt and very friendly.

Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“Horrible Service, pricey food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We arrived at 1:30pm with our 2 kids. We thought it would be fun to sit by the lake while on our vacation. The restaurant had about 2 other parties there - 1 inside and 1 outside. They set a table of 4 of for us outside, but perhaps they could have wiped the seats down of spider webs. I ordered an Arnold Palmer which came to me 100% ice tea. When I asked the waiter, he said " Really? I thought it was all Lemonade?" Then he looked at the 1/8 of the drink I drank and said to me, "Well, looks like it's too late." As if it was my fault! Clearly having a bad day, taking it out on us and didn't he always know - the customer is ALWAYS right. He took the drink and brought me back the same one (!!) with added lemonade to the 1/8 that was missing making it even nastier. We ordered a turkey club (average) - they had no wheat bread!!!, lobster bisque (average) and caesar with shrimp (a little better than average)

To be honest, the food sucked, the service was rude and inattentive considering it was also empty. I bet you could have a better experience at a restaurant in Silver Lake or along the shore. This was NOT worth it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Nice atmosphere but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went here for dinner with a group of 12. The staff was outstanding and very attentive. The food was tasty but not large portions for the price but you are paying for quality. For example the crab cakes were pure crab meat. Very nice ambiance .

New Jersey
“Ambiance and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Finally had an opportunity to dine at this well-known eating establishment. We had been told in the past by friends that this was for the older crowd but apparently those telling us that hadn't been here lately or I guess it depends on how you define "older crowd." I was defining it as 65 and above. Think more 30's - 60, couples and families alike for dinner; not sure who was at happy hour. There is live music in the bar on Friday nights. A little loud for us but certainly a place you want to visit if that's your scene. I made reservations on Open Table the same day and was able to get them for our desired time. We were able to sit outside which provided a nice ambiance overlooking the lake that was not disturbed by the music in the bar.
The food was not what I was expecting. The menu selections were an up-to-date, a well varied selection of seafood, both cold and hot as well as steak and a vegetable entree for vegetarians. The food was well prepared with huge shrimp in the shrimp cocktail, a tender cut of filet mignon and a delicious lobster pot pie that included two lobster claws with butter. Definitely a place to go to treat yourself. Be sure to sit outside.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The ambiance is very nice; we had a table overlooking the lake. The service is extremely attentive. The appetizers were good but not great. One of our starters were oysters. They came with a watery sauce of some kind, although we asked for cocktail sauce. The sauce was so thin that you couldn't keep much in the shell. The clams casino had too much breading. The entrees, however, were excellent. I had their signature Lobster Pot Pie. When it came with two lobster claws sticking out of the pie I thought that's all the lobster I'd get. But inside the pie was even more meat! If you love lobster and want to try something new, this is it. We will come back when in the area again.

• Visited July 2014