“Nacho heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Krogh’s Restaurant & Brew Pub. We are located in beautiful northern New Jersey – Sussex County to be exact. We are directly across the street from Lake Mohawk in Sparta’s White Deer Plaza. Our historic building dates back to 1927 and there is no other place that offers old-world charm like Krogh’s. That is why the mantra of our menus is: Old world charm. New world people. Like you. Welcome to Krogh’s. We are all here to serve you. We take great pride in offering the finest food, beverage and service possible. We enjoy creating a warm and friendly atmosphere, and we strive to make your dining experience a memorable one. So come and be pampered by our experienced staff. We understand it takes 100 great meals to win a customer, but only one bad experience to lose them. We constantly work at improving our products and services to provide you, our honored guest, unmatched value. We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, and we offer complimentary valet parking on Friday and Saturday nights, all year long.
Sparta, New Jersey
“Nacho heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

These are the best nachos in the country, hands down! I've been around I have tried many. Period. The other favorite is the blackened chicken sandwich, awesome! And the micro beer is nice…

Kroghs81, Owner at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello,
My name is Bob and I am the proud owner of Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub for the past 32 years, thank you for visiting us and a special thank you for the 4 star review on tripadvisor, we love it. I am sp please you enjoyed your visit and loved the nacho's, they certainly are famous. I too love the blackened chicken sandwich, I actually add japaleno peppers to the sandwich to spice it up even more. I hope you visit often and all your visits are enjoyable!

Northern New Jersey
“Just "ok"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'm local to area and have been going to Krogh's for years. I don't go often, but my husband and I always make a point to go there once or twice a year. However, I wonder why we do. It's really just "ok" We went there to eat dinner last night (Saturday) and got placed at the table right near the kitchen. They really should just remove that table. If you get seated there, just leave. The door swings open and closed with a loud swoosh the whole time you're eating dinner - very annoying. I understand that we didn't have reservations, but we were there early (5:00pm) and there were a bunch of tables with "reserved" signs on them, but no one was seated at them the whole time we were eating. I don't even really like their beer. They have a wheat beer, which doesn't even taste like wheat beer (it's filtered) - why bother. Anyway, the soup was really good (hot pepper soup), but my dinner (taco salad) was just "ok" Nothing to write home about. The atmosphere gets really loud. I hate to say it, but i must be getting old. This is more of a "bar crowd" bar, than a restaurant. Would I go there again? Maybe for the nostalgia.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kroghs81, Owner at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello,
My name is Bob and I am the proud owner of Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub for the past 32 years, thank you for visiting Krogh's and taking the time to review us on Tripadvisior. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your visit. I agree with you 100%, sitting by the kitchen door is irritating. We had a very, very busy night on Saturday and all of the tables you saw reserved were occuupied by guests who had called ahaead for a reservation. If you choose to give us an opportunity to do better, please call ahead at 973-729-8428 and ask for ethter table numbers, 5, 6, 1, 11 or 12, they all seat parties of 4 or less and are much more enjoyable than where you sat. I also am sorry about the loud atmosphere but unfortunetly there is little I can do about that. I hope you will return to Krogh's and your visit is more enjoyalble!
Bob
“Always a Nice Stop when in the Area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been here a few times over the last few years. First Time Reviewing. Family & I stopped in for a few burgers last Sunday. Great setting across from Lake Mohawk, however, the bitter cold prevented us from walking along the pier. As a result we hurried into Krogh's. As usually, the French Onion soup was excellent and warmed everyone up. I tried a different burger, the Welsh Rarebitt, not a usual choice for me but I must say it was excellent too. Keep up the good work.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kroghs81, Owner at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Stephen H.,

My name is Bob and I am the proud owner of Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub for the past 32 years, thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and a special thank you for the 4 star review. I can assure you we will work even harder to achieve the elusive 5 star review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and the hot French Onion Soup on frigid day at Lake Mohawk. I trust all of your future visits will be as enjoyable and it is our pleasure serving you and your guests!
Sparta, New Jersey, USA
“Cozy location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is such a great place in the center of my town. My husband especially loves the differentbrewed beer.

Visited September 2013
Kroghs81, Owner at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Rose,
My name is Bob and I am the proud owner of Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub for the past 32 years, thank you for visiting us and a "special thank you," for the 5-star reveiw, we love it! I am pleased you enjoy your visits and it is nice to know that our hard work is appreciated. I hope all you visits are 5-star!
Wilkes-Barre, PA
“Late night visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went here after a midget football game. We were a party of eight, and they were accommodating in seating us together in a timely manner. Was very surprised that the kitchen closed at 10 pm. Menu was extensive with interesting specials. Hubby had elk medallions with sausage but was disappointed that the meat was overdone, dry and hard to eat. Others in our party had better luck with choices, including fajitas, salmon and burgers. Prime rib was excellent. Appetizers were adequate. .Black bean soup was tasty. Beer selection was good, but could use more rum in Jack and Coke.. Desserts great.

Still there when band started, kind of loud for the space.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kroghs81, Owner at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear nana traveler,
My name is Bob and I am the proud owner of Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub for the past 32 years. Thank you for visiting us and a special thank you for the 4 star reveiw, we love it! I am so sorry one of your meals was overcooked. As hard as we work to avoid such mistakes, on rare occassions it does happen. Our policy has always been 100% satfisfaction, guarenteed and I would like to offer you a full refund for the meal, if you will allwo me? I would need your mailing address and I can be reached at kroghs81@gmail.com. I hope all of your future visits are enjoyable and your meals are prepared, "perfectly!"