“Stay away!” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Toronto, Canada
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a horrible hotel I'm very displeased. I found all staff unfriendly, unwelcoming and never smiled. I was never greeted when entering the hotel and upon greeting the staff and saying hello or good morning I received a dirty look or was ignored and when I had questions I was also ignored. The Internet never worked and when I bought this up to management I was told that they know they have problems but there is nothing they can do. I also had many issues with my in room telephone.

I witnessed the police swat team storm the hotel with dogs and many officers as they broke up a drug dealing ring which has been going on at this location with people being arrested. I also find it very different that this hotel converts their meeting rooms in to a church.

This hotel is run down and they don't pay attention to the small things which matter when you travel for a living. I'm very disappointed and will never stay here or at another holiday inn again. I will be cancelling my points program with them.

There is a Hampton inn next door and other hotels to choose from.

Shame on you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: No good rooms. Book at Hampton Inn next door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear TravelBud24,

These issues concerns me as much as you do and I'm glad that you took the time to inform us to properly address them. We always strive to provide excellent services to our valued guests and this untoward incidents fell short of this goal, and for that we apologize. May I ask you to please contact me at your convenience at ealbano@menlohotels.com to discuss this further.

Thank you.

Eric Albano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

It's my sons first time at a hotel and he loved it the staff was extra friendly and helpful. The hotel is well keep, it's clean it has a swimming pool which wee loved cause even though it's raining while e'er were there the pool it's in doors so we were able to enjoy it

• Stayed April 2013
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review and we are glad that your sons first hotel experience was a memorable one! We take pride of our staff and our facility as we want the Holiday Inn South Plainfield your home away from home!

Eric Albano
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this place for 1 night on Easter Sunday. Very nice and clean hotel. It is conveniently located off of I-287 and there are several restaurants and stores nearby. The staff were very courteous. Our family enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. It's the best hotel breakfast we ever had!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I'm excited to share your experience with the rest of the team! We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn South Plainfield!
Woodbridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was comfortable and the pool was nice as well.

They also have a ping pong table next to the fitness center which was pretty entertaining.

Only issue is that the walls are pretty thin. We could hear people in the other rooms pretty clearly and we ended up receiving a phone call from the front desk telling us that the couple in the next room were complaining that they could hear our conversation as well.....Other than this there were no issues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad that you enjoyed our indoor pool and the game room. We do appreciate your comment about the soundproofing of the room, we will definitely look into this. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

You see them all lined up along the highway. They all look the same and all have a national chain name. So which one do you choose?

In this instance, I had a prolonged 2 week stay at this hotel. I'm grateful to have landed here.

In this level of lodging, this was an excellent choice. The rooms are up to date. Large flat screen TV. Good size bathroom with granite counters and a tub. Comfy mattresses and nice linens. Dark wood furniture. Ergonomic desk chair. Ruby Tuesday restaurant attached to the lobby.

However, what makes this hotel a wise choice is the attention to customer service. The front desk staff is kind, patience and accommodating. They are on the ready to help solve and problem, give you a referral for a local restaurant, or even provide a quick fruit in the afternoon. The Hotel is very very clean and beautifully appointed. Full hot breakfast every morning comes free with the room. There is an absolutely wonderful man who runs breakfast service who takes care of his customers with such enthusiasm and passion, just as if they were family. And it's close enough to a wide variety of retail and restaurants.

This is as good as it gets when it comes to local hotels. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the wonderful feedback! We know that you have several options where to stay in the area that is why it is exciting to hear favorable reviews from our valued guests and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield!
Northern, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We needed to spend one night at a hotel b/c of an early athletic competition at Rutgers Livingston campus. I needed some place clean and reasonably priced that was close to the campus. The Holiday Inn did the trick. The front desk staff were very friendly. The room was nice, clean and updated. For a place to stay, it did the trick. We weren't able to utilize any of the extras (pool, restaurant, etc.) so I can't comment on these. I can say that I would return if I needed a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share this to the rest of the team.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly and courtious, the hotel rooms were recently renovated and very clean and extremely comfortable. We also liked that it was attached to a Ruby Tuesday's which had fantastic food. The breakfast buffet was hot and well stocked each day. I would recommend this to anyone and will definately stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our newly-renovated rooms. I will be more than happy to share your experience with the rest of the team and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway? Share your experiences!