“Cheater at the reception, Terrible hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Chennai
“Cheater at the reception, Terrible hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Worst hotel I've even been. We booked it though my friend while we were on the way to NJ around noon. My friend gave me the confirmation over phone for $65 through priceline for a double bed room. On arrival, the Receptionist (who I think was from Pakistan) said there was no such booking. When we insisted that we had a booking, then he checked his computer and said his booking confirmation 'just arrived' (at midnight 1.30 am) and that was for the following night. We thought my friend might have put the date by mistake and requested him to book a room that night. He said he can find a room but our booking was for a single room ($54). We had no choice and he 'obliged' a room for extra $20. Later I found out that my card was actually used for $64 (and my booking confirmation said it was for a double room at $64). He literally pocketed that $20.

Now about the hotel. The hotel had a 'dungeon' smell of dust and dirt while we entered the alley and throughout the hotel including our room.. The hotel had seen its good old days long past. The towels were dirty and old. The bathroom did not have a lock. The bed was hard too. We put up because we booked at the last moment and had nowhere to go in the wee hours of the night. The breakfast was terrible too.

Overall we felt cheated in every way. Neither the people were honest, nor the hotel gave us a good ambience. I would never recommend this hotel even to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. You'd be better off staying in a tent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

TV fuzzy, desk chair broken, ripped carpets and bedding, bathroom sink held up on 2 by 4s, shower curtain ripped, elevator started to go up before the door shut, windows full of mildew, not one thing was right....this place needs an inspector to come in and shut it down.

Stayed November 2013
Patrick Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel was filthy. The hotel is dated but if it were clean it would be alright. I was in two rooms because the refrigerator didn't work in the first room and I found the same in both rooms. The bathroom and entrance doors had what looked like dried cola on them, the pictures had some type of dried white stuff on them, there was no mattress cover on the bed, the sheets didn't fit, the carpet was dirty and stained, the outlet that sticks out from the wall had a thick greasy something on it (disgusting). I could go on but I think you may get the point. I travel a lot and this was the filthiest I've seen in years.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

South Plainfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

i was there after cateract surgery, i was not supposed to be alone but i felt comfortable at a hotel because i had a phone right there ifi needed help. WHY ARE HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE ROOMS CHARGED SO MUCH MORE? i expected to pay the fee listed on your sign about $55.00 but was charged about $70.... why ?? i wont return again nor recommend this particular hotel. i was the local press person there when you opened....very upsetting. the so called accessible room had a bed six inches too high for my wheelchair, not every disabled person can stand up, as an amputee it was impossible to get onto the bed or out of, even after my son took the legs off. accessible has to be researched to cover all kinds of disabilities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Victoriaville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Worst motel. Surprise that this motel is called Ramada Inn. There were cockroaches all falling apart, stained mattresses, ants in the bed, stained carpet. The owners are people of India so they do not know the cleanliness. We did not have the choice to go to this motel because we were a group. This motel should not include the name of Ramada Inn.We found that most customers are Asians so I do not think they know the cleanliness. This motel should not be listed on any website for booking. The coffee maker in the room is not used because it was so dirty and nothing to do café.Le breakfast is not even a continental lunch but only a few bananas, waffles, toaster did not work well. Ramada Inn should withdraw his name from this motel because it is not advisable at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
South Plainfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My bad that I didn't read the reviews earlier. I booked for 3 nights and checkout in one day.. Stale air stinks.. Not a clean room.. Broken tables.. Broken legs in bathroom closets.. Very Very Bad wi-fi.. Bad to the core..

Room Tip: I say this to myself.. read reviews!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Limited South Plainfield/Piscataway? Share your experiences!