“Your regular Hampton but you cannot beat the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Princeton, New Jersey
“Your regular Hampton but you cannot beat the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is your regular Hampton, location wise, its not in one of the prominent areas of NJ but if you work location is closeby you may opt for it. Having said that, its sits exactly mid way between 2 major NJ attractions - Manhattan view from Jersey city and Princeton University. Both these places are world class areas and are so unlike NJ so make sure you try them out, the latter being a great place to hang around in the historic lanes of Princeton. From the very basic decor in the lobby, to a plesant staff, to standard Hampton rooms to the regular breakfast fare at Hampton, this Hampton has everything you expect from a Hampton. Its right off 287 as well so go for it if you have to be particularly in that area or if you want to be in a budget, this HAmpton will not disappoint.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Eric M, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for your recent review. We love hearing feedback about the hotel. You pointed out several of our great features...the most important of all is the team. Our team truly enjoys helping and serving our guests and we appreciate you recognizing them. We'll hope to see you back again soon to experience our Hamptonality!

Eric Mohlenhoff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great location! Desk staff was very helpful with regards to suggesting local places to eat. Rooms are large and very clean. Beds are very comfortable. There is plenty of parking available. The breakfast bar was well stocked and hot. Coffee was just as fresh at 5PM when I checked in as it was at 8AM. Wireless internet also worked smoothly. I first tried to book this room for my trip and it was sold out. I enjoy staying here so much that I continued to check every few days before my trip to see if a room opened up and thankfully it did! I will return here each time i am in town for business in South Plainfield! Great job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eric M, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Why thank you very much!!! I see you have stayed with us several times and written some reviews. We really appreciate you taking the time to let our guests know a little more about our hotel, especially when everyone is so busy these days. Thank you for mentioning so many of our wonderful features like our always fresh and hot coffee and our fast free WiFi. We'll hope your insight will make more guests want to stay with us and experience our Hamptonality!

Thanks again, All the best.

Westminster, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite new. It is in a very convenient location, within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Beautiful lobby. Halls are very clean. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated, big bathrooms. Men will love the 40" flat screens. I can't say enough about the entire staff, so helpful, friendly and courteous. Huge diverse breakfast. Lots of ports and outlets for your electronics.
A big thank you to Adam, the manager, THE BEST man for the job! We were given a bereavement discount without asking.
I would go out of my way to stay here.

Room Tip: You can hear traffic on 287, it is not loud and I slept well, but you could ask for a room on the ot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eric M, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Oh Thank You for your "4 Star" rating!! We really appreciate when our guests enjoy our hotel as much as we do! Your comments go a long way toward letting our travelers know about all we have to offer. Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness and upkeep of the property, the team takes great pride in ensuring we keep our hotel looking good. I will pass your comments along to them as they enjoy hearing the feedback. We'll hope to see you back again if in the Central New Jersey area.

Warmest Regards,
Unionville, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our experience was on par with other visits to Hampton Inns. Warm welcome by a knowledgeable staff that was willing & able to answer questions on the area as it had been 20 years since last in Piscataway. Great dining recommendations~Harvest Moon Brewery in New Brunswick was Fabulous! Comfy beds and clean rooms (and I check everywhere!) Overall, it was a lovely place to come back to every evening after taking my 77 yr old mother around her childhood stomping grounds, going from Piscataway, to Highland Park, to New Brunswick, then down to the shore to Asbury Park and Point Pleasant. She was thrilled to revisit her childhood memories, and to see the house she was born in and lived till she married my father. She wants to come back again next year, we will be staying here then.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It sounds like you had a nice trip down "memory lane". It's always great to come home and re-live old memories. We are so happy you chose to include us in them. Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Good to hear our restaurant reccommendations worked out as well. Harvest Moon is one of our favorites and a great spot to have a good meal. We are certainly happy to be here for you the next time your back in the area.

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were having some work done on our house. We decided to stay a night at a local hotel. We chose the Hampton Inn in South Plainfield. I am very happy that we did! We were greeted by Jonathan as we entered the lobby. Jonathan is a very important member of the staff. He is full of ideas of what to do and where to eat. As we left to eat, Jonathan sent us on or way with a very pleasant so long and please drive safe. We came back about three hours and there was Jonathan standing there with a big hello and good night. Overall the hotel was very clean, from the exterior right up to the fourth floor hallways. The room although not as large as I had hoped was quite well organized and very, very clean. Breakfast is another. Food was plentiful, hot and good tasting. Again, Jonathan is a great asset to this property. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone that is visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric M, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for highlighting some of the great features of our hotel and our team. It's always nice when our neighbors stay with us and really enjoy their stay. I'm so happy Jonathan was a big help to you. We'll keep him around a bit longer...ha ha ha!! In all seriousness, he is a huge asset to an already friendly and dynamic team of people. As we share all our reviews with the team, they will certainly be talking about this one! Thank you again. We will hope to see you back should you need us!

Warm Regards,
Warnerville NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had to do a one-night stay last week in preparation for a large Expo at the New Jersey Convention Center. I'd already been booked in Friday and Saturday at the Hilton Garden Inn near there (see other review), but felt that rushing down 3+ hours the day the Expo started wasn't smart. So I took a chance on this Hampton.

What a good choice!

Hamptons have a comfortable sameness to them (especially when, like me, you are on the road 100 nights a year). The difference is in the details: cleanliness, how well the physical plant is kept in repair, and the staff. In all three areas, this Hampton excels.

I was shocked to find out that this was not a brand-new Hampton, but had been in service for several years. It was one of the most immaculate Hamptons at which I've stayed. Not a chip, not a scratch, not a stain anywhere I looked. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the pillows crisp and clean, with a choice of both foam and (my preference) feather. The water pressure in the bathroom was very good, and there were more than enough towels. Another perk was the earplugs which, while I did not need them there (it really is very quiet, even though it is near a major road) I took home for the "snoring-husband nights." The Hampton breakfast was the usual fare, though plentiful and kept hot/cold as required.

The staff is the shining star of this establishment. Whether it was finding me a good restaurant, a car wash, or keeping my "blue ice" for my travel cooler in their freezer overnight, nothing was impossible, nothing was a nuisance to help with. They genuinely enjoy being the "go to folks" for their guests. A special thank-you shout-out to Tiesha and Jonathan for their assistance.

When I come back for the expo next year, I won't bother with the HGI near the site. This Hampton is just a few miles further in distance, but a world away in terms of understanding and delivering good service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I can see from your many reviews that you definitely travel extensively. A review coming from one of our seasoned road warriors carries much merit. I am glad the team and the hotel lived up to your critique. They do pride themselves on trying to maintain the building in "like new" condition. It is truly the reflection of a wonderful team of people that are care about our guests and our hotel. We appreciate your review more then you know. Thank you so much for taking a moment and commenting about us. We will hope you visit us again the next time you’re in the area. I'm sure Jonathan and Tiesha will be at the desk to welcome you "home" again!

All the best to you,
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel seemed pretty new and the warm welcome from Jonathan when my colleagues and I entered was very refreshing. We were a loud group coming in and he just smiled and laughed with us. The rest of the staff was good too, all smiles and "hello's". I encountered the GM and the sales person in the morning and had no doubt that is why they have such a good team.

Thanks for showing how welcoming New Jersey-ians can be!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eric M, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your truly wonderful review of our hotel. Thank you too for recognizing Jonathan...the team really enjoys hearing feedback. Among a great group of team members he is definately a stand out at the front desk and we are lucky to have him. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and I was glad I got the chance chat with you at breakfast. We will pass along your compliments to the entire team. Us "Jersey-ians" would love to have you back when you are in the Central New Jersey area again.

Eric Mohlenhoff

Been to Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway? Share your experiences!