“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Lavallette, New Jersey
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had dinner, take out and lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. The staff was unbelievable, very friendly and pleasant. Like many others in today's economy, service is extremely important when I pay for something. The manager actually came over to the table to welcome me to Joe's.

Visited January 2013

Bogota, Colombia
“I love Joe's Crab Shack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have visited many locations of this restaurant and it is still my favorite when the kind of food they serve. My really favorite is a steampot named "Bean town bake", it is served in a big steam pot and does include two whole lobsters, a pound of clams and shrimps, a smoked sausage (it is delicious), potatoes and a fresh corn. My recommendation is if you go for a steampot skip appetizers as the portions are big and you may get full even before you go for the main dish.
Going into drinks my recommendations would be: Shark Bite, Southwesterns Spike Tea and Coronita Rita, with them you cannot go wrong. Recommendations: Stempots are for those who likes finger food, if you dont like grab the food with your fingers, you should think about other dishes. Normally a diner for four (no appetizers, no dessert and a couple drinks for each one) is about $ 250

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bridgewater NJ USA
“Food was tasty! Noisy and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good variety of seafood. Menu had some excellent selections. Was busy and very noisy. They were understaffed early in the afternoon and we had the wrong meal brought to us twice, had to ask for items several times before getting them....Knew we were in trouble when the waiter didn't write out order down. It's chain food. We all had some variety of shrimp. The cole slaw portion is very skimpy...same size container as my condiments came in....not enough there to even count as a portion. Will have to try it again at a different time to see if it is any better. Appear to have some interesting drink selections. Our waiter said that Tuesday was a drink and food special night, but we went on a Sunday and don't know. The jury is still out on this one.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn
“Seafood Lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Love the seafood selection even though it is a chain. I go only on Tuesday which is the only day they have early happy hour. They do have one at 9 PM but I need to go to work early.
Check out the Bayou Bites for $2.00 each and the $100 ea Oysters.

Would frequent nightly if there was Happy Hour other than only on Tuesday.

MCziraky

Visited March 2013
Auburndale, Florida
“Crab Craving Satisfied!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had the great pleasure of finding this place right as my taste buds were screaming "Crab". I sat in the bar area and was greeted by a really great and efficient bartender who slid me a menu first and quickly had a local craft beer draft sitting in front of me. I ordered the Queen crab, mussels and scallops and it was placed in front of me before I had a chance to down two swallows of the draft beer. What a great combination platter at under $25.00 and it was absolutely cooked to perfection. The mussels in wine sauce were delectable, scallops seared to perfection but no overcooked and the crab was fresh and succulent. 5 Stars!!!

Visited November 2012