“Mrs.Jessica” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Colonia
“Mrs.Jessica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

I can't believe about all this people they say all this bed information about this hotel we was staying there 5nights and I was suprise with all service they provide,very clean rooms,pleasant people at front desk and they amenity in room super.

• Liked — smell in hallway
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lynchburg, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

My dad and I had a couple of tickets to a Yankees game and stayed at this hotel due to the fact it was close to the train station. Th rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would most defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone that I know traveling up to New York or Northern Jersey. I got a great rate through my AAA membership which was the second selling point. The bathroom was good size and even shocked my dad and I because it had a moehen shower head and really good water pressure. Ignore all the bad reviews here. I understand that not all hotels are perfect and things will go wrong but this place was great. My dad and I are going back to some games next year and will be staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Location to the train station
  • Disliked — the breakfast could have been a little bigger but still good
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

I remember having the check-in be a bit of a pain in the neck. They gave us a non-smoking room and I had to go back and explain to them for the 5th time that I asked for a Smoking room.

The few nights my friend and I stayed weren't too bad. We didn't get any fresh towels, however and that was a major pain (then trying to get someone to actually bring us some fresh ones was an even bigger nuisance.)

But most of all, the reason this hotel infuriated me was on the day of our checkout - we had stayed up pretty late and wanted to sleep in. The check out is 12pm. We called the front desk, even spoke to a "manager" and he said it was fine, we could have a late check-out for 2pm. We thought this was very kind of them.

At 10:30am, a Russian lady knocked on our door, waking us up. She yelled at us to leave, said it was check out time. We explained to her that we had a late check out and she disappeared.. only to come back a half hour later saying we didn't. So, we were exhausted - knowing we had to get on a flight later on with little sleep to go back to CA. We continued to start packing our things and you know what? That lady kept banging on the door and yelling at us to get out.

We left at 11:30am. Checkout was 12:00pm. I've never been treated so awful by a hotel.

Stayed August 2006
Danville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for several days for a college reunion in NYC and it fit the bill perfectly. It is handy to NJ Transit and trains a thirty- or forty-something minutes ride into Penn Station. At $70/night, it was a whole lot cheaper than the city. The rooms are nice and large, the staff courteous and helpful. Restaurants, aptly renowned diners, banks, and other retail outlets are very handy.
Nothing was terribly fancy, but the place is comfortable, reasonable, and fit our bill perfectly.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — Can't turn left into hotel. Have to go around the corner and cut thru other properties.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

We needed a place to crash for the night and all the accommodations are really expensive in this area so we choose the Best Western since we knew that they generally are a safe choice.

First of all the check-in was a real pain. The guy at the front desk took forever to give me the price of a room and then it took him about 20 minutes to complete the check-in !!! He mumbled something about his system being down and having to verify my credit card manually. Please, complete the check-in and verify later if you want but making the customer stand for 20 minutes while he tries to find a number to call and after that completing the forms manually and extremely slowly was not very professional.

The room was ok. It was clean and they did provided an extra set of towel when we asked. The wireless connexion is not very good but this did not bug me to much.

They do have a great continental breakfast with a lot of choice (pancake, waffles, hard eggs, etc...).

Overall we had a good stay, but the price is really too high and I would expect to pay a lot less so next time I will surf a little to find something cheaper.

• Liked — It was clean.
  • Disliked — The price.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2007

I booked to stay for 5 nights while on vacation with my daughter. Among the features I was guaranteed at the time of making a reservation was FREE wireless internet network. Yes...definitely it turned out to be FREE Air. I could breath but there was NO WIRELESS network. I got "VERY LOW" signal strength but managed to connect online 5 minutes every 3 hours. HORRIBLE!! Upon requesting to have my problem addressed, they referred me to call a 1-800-SPEEDLINKS...which apparently turned out to be a ADULT SEX hotline. They informed me it was my duty to call SpeedLinks and have my problem resolved.

I took cold showers in my room the first 3 nights. I complained to have my water checked on a Wednesday night and they came to fix it the following week on Monday night, by then I had packed and was on my way to another hotel. I however made use of my last hot shower before leaving :).

The night before my departure, my daughter had brought to the hotel some left over food from our dinner in a local diner restaurant. We walk up on the morning to find ANTS all over the room and also on the hotel phone. We could not call them and that was the stroke of the trip. We moved to another hotel. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. SERVICE AT FRONT DESK WAS HORRIBLE, ESPECIALLY BY SOME CHINESE/ORIENTAL HOTEL MANAGER. Customer Service is a whole new concept here.

Stayed November 2007
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

I like this place. I stayed there 4-5 times while traveling for the Army Reserve. Granted I'm not too fussy about cleanliness while traveling alone, but the rooms were always adequately clean, and being an older hotel, are absolutely HUGE!! Continental breakfast was decent, in a small, clean area, and it's within walking distance to several restauraunts and stores. A great value, if you don't mind an older, dated hotel.

Stayed February 2004

Been to BEST WESTERN The Garden Executive Hotel? Share your experiences!