“Don't waste your time....or money” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bound Brook, New Jersey, United States
“Don't waste your time....or money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I have passed this place a number of times and it is always busy and we said one of these days we have to try it. Today was the day we tried it...what a mistake! will start from the beginning when the hostess was going to seat us outside and she was going to put us at a table next to men who were working on the outside fire pit with a huge pile of stone and tools. I asked the girl...really next to a guy working?! She gave us another table that was filthy and had not be cleaned off. Our waitress finally came over and welcome us "ladies". Granted my husband is a small guy, but trust me he is a man. We had to ask her to clean off our table and that took at least 10 minutes. We decided just to get a drink and an appy. The price of a glass of wine is outrageous for this type of place. Their prices were more expensive than some of the better restaurants we go to. $14 for a glass of Louis Martini cab...seriously? After we ordered 2 glasses of wine and an appy, the guy next to us was having major problems with a Caesar salad. They gave him a plate of romaine still attached at the stalk with chicken thrown in the middle. He asked for the manager who agreed that there should be more with the salad. They brought him a new one, but the romaine was still not cut up! Back to us, we get our drinks and appy which was the chicken bites. They were ok, but what a surprise when we found two pieces of calamari included. My husband ate one - thank goodness we aren't allergic to shellfish. We also didn't get silverware or napkins. Our new friend next to us had extra napkins and was more than happy to share.When the guy was almost done with his salad, he found a hair in it. The manager had already been to his table and was on her back when we told her our problem. She apologized and asked how our service was and we told her. She said she was going to have a chat with her staff. I said she needed to kick some butt. Apparently when waitresses are done with their shift they are allowed to sit and have a drink. I don't mind that, but they should at least change from their Brick house shirts. Sorry this is so long, but so much went wrong and I had to get it off my chest! To say the least, we will not return to this place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Edison, New Jersey, United States
“Great food, great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I just love this place and go often. Happy hour is the best...all appys are $5.00 and there is a lot to choose from. All domestic draft beers are only $2.00. They add to their menu a lot which I like and the food is just awesome. Don't miss chicken pot pie day on WednesdY! mmmmmm

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wanna be "step above restaurant"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Upon arrival it appeared as if this was going to be a good choice. Unfortunately it turned out to be a very nicely wrapped turd.Overpriced (Mediocre) food & drinks. Long wait for food and High School drama queens tending bar. One would and should expect better quality food and service for this price point. Take the extra 10-15 minutes, drive into New Brunswick and get a quality meal and dining experience for your money.

Watertown, New York
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a late dinner. We could not believe how crowded it was! That's usually a good sign :) Atmosphere is fun (a little loud if you are looking for a quietier place to eat) and food is delicious. Service was a little slow most likely due to the how busy it was but the food came out hot and tasty. I'm looking forward to eating at a Brick House Tavern and Tap again.

Visited April 2014
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went there last weekend with my 15 year old son and his friends. There were 7 of us. We got there around 4pm. They had trouble seating us even though the place was pretty empty. Not much staff. Could be because of the changeover between shifts but I'm not sure. The girl who greeted us had to clean off the table in order to seat us. Except for the seating issue the food was great and we had a good time. I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014