“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

(973) 378-9222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottagra South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 restaurants in South Orange
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottland Road
Transit: South Orange NJ Train Station one block away
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend had a private party here. It was an excellent choice. The food just kept coming and it sure was excellent. I would definitely come back to dine here. The only thing I did not like is the location. Not far from the location you have to drive through the ghetto.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
“Almost thought I was in Napoli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice and friendly restaurant. Good food. Pizza Margharita is as close to real Napoli as I've found in US.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Providence, New Jersey, United States
“Pleasant Italian Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I had a pleasant meal at Bottagra South - this was our first trip. The had a long list of specials to offer - mostly seafood. The bread was outstanding and our appetizers were tasty. My dinner was a nice combination of shrimp, scallops and pasta - not too heavy, not too light. My wife had a traditional chicken parmigiana and was pleased.

The service was prompt and courteous. The only drawback was they sat us right between 2 other tables even though the restaurant was not crowded at 6 PM when we arrived - In the future we will ask for a bit more privacy - they could have seated us on the other side of the room and I am sure that would have made it more enjoyable for all the tables. We will certainly speak up next time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Solid in every way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We've eaten at Bottagra in Hawthorne and have recently moved to where Bottagra South is much more convenient. It's also much quieter. While Bottagra "north" is very noisy, Bottagra South is great for groups since we can now hear each other talk! We love the ambience and the food is just as good as up at "north". Desserts are great so be sure to leave room -- if you can resist all the wonderful appetizers and entrees. The service was very attentive and let us go at our pace.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“As close to being in Italia as you can get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Pizza margarhetta almost like Napoli. Service terrific. BYOB! Will have to go back with my wife to try other dishes.

Visited April 2013