“great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Brunswick
newark
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Staff is very friendly when I stay here...usually can get a good rate through priceline.com...clean rooms with full kitchen and needed utensils....a limited breakfast is provided every morning...stongly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

When my company gave me a long term assignment in the South Brunswick area, I decided to forgo renting an apartment along with the expense of deposits, furniture, utility bills,cable etc. I chose to try Extended Stay. Like most decisions some turn out well and others do not. This decision turned out great. I have found the staff to be courteous, attentiveness, competent and pleasant. Maria,Theo, Carmella, Angelo along with the entire staff have been terrific. I also appreciate the convenience of having access to the laundry room and being able to cook my own meals. Shopping is a walk away. I would be remiss not to mention the recent upgrades especially the high speed WiFi. As a professional I depend on quick access to my company's servers. In a nutshell, I am very satisfied with the quiet and clean rooms. In the end though, we all want competent and nice people in our lives. The staff here has certainly met this criteria.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great hotel lovely staff Carmela and Maria and my family love it as well it's a clean happy place most definitely recommend it . Stayed here for a while and it's comfortable and the fact that it has a kitchen is a awesome since I love to cook . So if you are in the area think about staying here !!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Dayton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very Nice Stay Always.
Staff is very helpful & always pleasant. I always stay there when I'm in the area. Maria, Teo, & Tahir always make me feel welcome. And I know that if there was a problem, I could call them & they would make it better.
Happy Customer,
Lisa Y

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, February 1, 2013

South Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is home away from home! Quiet, clean, respectful and allows you to make your own meals if you wish. The staff at the front desk are great, they welcome you and take care of your check in and out in a professional manner. I was particularly impressed by Maria. She made sure I received a room in a location that provided privacy and comfort. I appreciated this about her service. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms but the A/C unit is a lot more noisy than I expected and it a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I just moved from NJ to Pittsburgh a few months ago and this was our first visit back to NJ. We would've liked to have found accommodations where we could come back again and again (staying 5-7days at a time.) However Extended Stay in So. Bruns will not be that hotel. I walk with a cane or a walker and requested a handicapped room since the wider doorways are helpful. We got to our room (on the second floor all the way down the hallway) and the room and doorways were very small. The only thing handicapped about the room was the shower, which was made for wheelchairs. But we have two little children and neither one of them could take a bath. When I came down to express my disappointment in the room size, the front staff was nasty and said that I never said I wanted a room with a tub and that it's my fault for not booking a bigger room. I then said that we may cut our trip short and she basically said "Sorry to hear that." (Very disappointing response.) The elevators and hall ways were very dirty. There were even cigarette butts in the elevator (I saw the same butts 3 days in a row!) We requested a smoke free room but our room and especially our hallway to our room smelled of smoke. We let the staff know after our first night stay that we would be checking out after our 3rd night (we prepaid for 5 nights.) I asked specifically if I would receive a receipt and also a refund and was told absolutely yes. The night before checkout we even asked the front desk again if there was anything left to do (and that we wanted to check out by 6am or so) and the gentleman said no. However, when we checked out, no staff was available (I waited for 25minutes, calling the number that was posted multiple times) When the overnight staff came to the desk, he had no idea what i was talking about when I asked for a receipt and a refund. He said he could not do that and I would have to wait for the next shift. We had to leave to avoid a snow storm, so we did. I called back and spoke to Carmella who *was* very polite and said YES I would be receiving a refund and a receipt (and the receipt was sent via email.) I have not received my receipt or refund (although I understand this may take one more day) but I am appalled I checked in and out with absolutely no paperwork. Needless to say, our family will not be back at this location and I will be sure to pass the word on to friends and family about this negative experience. Not a family friendly place, in our opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I will not forget that my car was stack by the snow in during winter time. I need to sleep in the
hotel so I can work to the next day. I choose the Extended Stay America because It was very near to the place of my job.I met Carmela in the front desk and she help me to check in to my room.Carmela was very cheerful and respectful employee to the guest. I was amaze to the staff and the manager name Maria were very hospitable to me. The room was clean and very relaxing to sleep.The bathroom have nice hot water shower.I have great time to spend the night in the hotel so I will try to come back again. I recommend this hotel to the people who are looking for a
hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick? Share your experiences!