“Great Service from Maria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4230 US Route 1, South Brunswick, NJ 08852   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Brunswick
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Service from Maria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is home away from home! Quiet, clean, respectful and allows you to make your own meals if you wish. The staff at the front desk are great, they welcome you and take care of your check in and out in a professional manner. I was particularly impressed by Maria. She made sure I received a room in a location that provided privacy and comfort. I appreciated this about her service. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms but the A/C unit is a lot more noisy than I expected and it a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I just moved from NJ to Pittsburgh a few months ago and this was our first visit back to NJ. We would've liked to have found accommodations where we could come back again and again (staying 5-7days at a time.) However Extended Stay in So. Bruns will not be that hotel. I walk with a cane or a walker and requested a handicapped room since the wider doorways are helpful. We got to our room (on the second floor all the way down the hallway) and the room and doorways were very small. The only thing handicapped about the room was the shower, which was made for wheelchairs. But we have two little children and neither one of them could take a bath. When I came down to express my disappointment in the room size, the front staff was nasty and said that I never said I wanted a room with a tub and that it's my fault for not booking a bigger room. I then said that we may cut our trip short and she basically said "Sorry to hear that." (Very disappointing response.) The elevators and hall ways were very dirty. There were even cigarette butts in the elevator (I saw the same butts 3 days in a row!) We requested a smoke free room but our room and especially our hallway to our room smelled of smoke. We let the staff know after our first night stay that we would be checking out after our 3rd night (we prepaid for 5 nights.) I asked specifically if I would receive a receipt and also a refund and was told absolutely yes. The night before checkout we even asked the front desk again if there was anything left to do (and that we wanted to check out by 6am or so) and the gentleman said no. However, when we checked out, no staff was available (I waited for 25minutes, calling the number that was posted multiple times) When the overnight staff came to the desk, he had no idea what i was talking about when I asked for a receipt and a refund. He said he could not do that and I would have to wait for the next shift. We had to leave to avoid a snow storm, so we did. I called back and spoke to Carmella who *was* very polite and said YES I would be receiving a refund and a receipt (and the receipt was sent via email.) I have not received my receipt or refund (although I understand this may take one more day) but I am appalled I checked in and out with absolutely no paperwork. Needless to say, our family will not be back at this location and I will be sure to pass the word on to friends and family about this negative experience. Not a family friendly place, in our opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I will not forget that my car was stack by the snow in during winter time. I need to sleep in the
hotel so I can work to the next day. I choose the Extended Stay America because It was very near to the place of my job.I met Carmela in the front desk and she help me to check in to my room.Carmela was very cheerful and respectful employee to the guest. I was amaze to the staff and the manager name Maria were very hospitable to me. The room was clean and very relaxing to sleep.The bathroom have nice hot water shower.I have great time to spend the night in the hotel so I will try to come back again. I recommend this hotel to the people who are looking for a
hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

bristol,tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Found the hotel to be just how it was explained via phone...Staff courteous and helpful ...Location was good being close to stores and food places...Will be staying again soon...Maria at front desk meet all our company needs and very helpful with surrounding area

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We are from Texas,me and my husband spent Christmas in east coast. We arrived and checked in this hotel late in the evening,Carmela the front desk staff gave us a very warm welcome and accommodation,so with manager Maria is very helpful with our needs. Room is clean and fresh. Location is very nice,quiet and most of all it's in Princeton area. I love also the back/side parking of the hotel,we had a great experience in this hotel so I recommend to all tourist.

Fr: candexe-malou

• Stayed December 2012
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our stay at the hotel was magnificent, it definitely took my exhausted body to a level of comfort that you would experience only at your home. Especially having a busy schedule for our vacation. All the staff were very accommodating. Carmella and Maria were very helpful and hospitable. I definitely recommend this hotel, it will surely have a relaxing and joyful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

South Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was good, but now it has come down to below average. Dont expect the front desk person to be customer friendly. Except Maria and Angelo, all other front desk people aren't customer friendly. Especially Teo is way too rude

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick? Share your experiences!