“Favorite of my wife's family” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in South Amboy
Cuisines: Italian
Key West, Florida
“Favorite of my wife's family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The original used to be in Peth Amboy, but moved to South Amboy. Nice location, clean and cute. Have only had the pizza but they have a full Italian menu also. The pizza is fine, but to me the sauce is a bit sweet. I didn't grow up eating it like my wife did, but it was fine nonetheless. We now live in Key West, so it's nice to get back to a neighborhood restaurant, something we don't really have in Key West. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Sorry not like the rest...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

So I felt I had to comment after only reading glowing reviews. I have visited this restaurant several times, after recommendation after recommendation kept giving me different things to try. I have to just say I dislike this place - the ambiance, the food and pretty much everything. This place is very overcrowded at peak dining times. Sometimes forcing you to stand 2-3 deep in the bar room waiting. And waiting for blah food. They have brick oven style pizza. I dislike the sauce flavor and if you put toppings on it tends to get very mushy and hard to eat. Even tried the linguini with clams which was basically just a big bowl of oily linguini with some big clams on top. Very plain tasting. The young servers are hit and miss depending on the night, sometimes they are friendly and some times seem bothered.
I've given up on this place...

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“My Favorite NJ Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friends and I adore this restaurant. We grew up eating their pizza. I now live in North Carolina. My friends (Tammy and Ingrid) that still live in New Jersey frequent their often. My friend Chrissy (who lives in Arizona) and I miss it sooooo much...Best pizza ever!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edison, New Jersey
“Some of the best pizza in NJ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Sciortino's is one of my favorite pizza places in NJ. I have been a customer for many years. I recently ate there with my fiancé and some friends, and the food was excellent as usual. I think my favorite part of the pizza is the sauce, which is on the sweet side. We also ordered appetizers which were very good. The place is a little cramped, but it is well worth it to experience some of the best pizza in NJ.

Deerfield, New Hampshire
“My one "must" when visiting NJ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I grew up in NJ and this pizza is the only thing I miss about it. It is a mandatory stop during every visit with family.

We don't call this place by its name. It has always been THE PIZZA, and always will be. It is, hands down, the best pizza on earth.

The restaurant is kind of crowded and claustrophobic, but it doesn't matter once the pizza comes to the table.

The service is always superb. Always friendly. Very family oriented. They will bring pitchers to your table and check up on you frequently. No complaints!