“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Somerset
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my very first experience at The Candlewood Suies chain. The lobby as nice and clean and staff was friendly. Very spacious rooms as well as a good veriety of appliances and dishes in each room. Big TV. Satelite was horrible, but it did storm during my trip. Really not much to say but that i was very pleased with the layout of the hotel and the cleanliness too. I will be recommending this hotel to many family and friends when we visit the area again. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: Get a king suite. More room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Larnaka, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel is half way between Newark and Trenton which is convenient for my business needs and $20 or $30 per night cheaper than hotels near either city. Everything works well and the rooms are more spacious than a regular hotel. Staff were quietly unobtrusive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago and the place was a mess as they renovated. Looks great now. New TV in the room. Kept VCR which is a big plus a lot my older movies are on VCR tapes. Air conditioner worked great which is nice since I've had a lot of problems with hotel AC lately. Located next to a shopping plaza with a good Asian restaurant. Price was more than reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Norwich, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

This is where I stay for when I am working at Rutgers. It is a very easy trip in to campus. The beds are very comfortable and the desk/workspace is extra long. They have the cupboard as well but prices are a bit steep.

• Stayed April 2012
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Very comfortable, clean, nice quiet area, great employees and service. Death in family brought us back to NJ and as we had stayed here in the past we were pleased to stay here again. Just one little issue - we found some nails and screws within parking spaces in the back of the hotel that may have been left there by contractors.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We arrived & saw they were under construction. They handed out chocolate hammers with "sorry for the incontinence" bags. We went to the room, it was clean, but had paint spatter all over the bathroom floor. The room looked as if it was one of the finished renovated rooms.
The following morning, my husband left the room to get something out of the car. As he left, he put the magnet that says "do not disturb" on the outside of the door. I didn't use the bar lock because my husband was returning within minutes.
I went to get into the shower. I hear, "hello! I" I peeked around the corner & JOHN (I found out his name later) said, "oh, I'm sorry" I screamed and jumped back into the bathroom.
When we went to the front desk, I was informed that John, didnt do anything wrong. "He saw my husband leave, so he would assume that it was ok to enter."
When asked, he had given no reason as to why he was in the room.

So regardless, if you have a sign saying 'don't enter'
Even though he heard the tub water running,
Even though he had no reason to be in the room - its ok to enter.

I've stayed at many Candlewood Suites. I've always liked them because of privacy, laundry services, gym and the pantry. I don't recommend this location to anyone. They humiliated me, by saying JOHN didn't do anything wrong.

Room Tip: Stay at a different location!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

Another excellent property in the area and an excellent option for the business and casual traveler. Good rates, nice staff and beautiful rooms. Much better then the Fairfield nearby where we used to stay. Too many problems there. This is as near perfect as you'll get.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Candlewood Suites Somerset? Share your experiences!