“Wouldn't recommend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Somerset
Herriman, United States
“Wouldn't recommend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel entrance was very nice. Check in staff would not look up my honors number. Shower only produced a 1 inch stream of water despite trying several different settings. Food in bar area was not very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
I am very sorry we could not find your HHonors number. The address we have on file for your reservation is your company's address I believe. If you can supply me with your HHonors number or the address on your HHonors account I will be able submit your stay for points.

Thank you for letting me know about the showerhead. I apologize for the narrow stream. There is a small lever by the temperature control to change the pressure. That could have been the issue. I am having our engineer on duty check if that was the issue.

Thank you for the feedback on our bar. We are always open to comments and suggestions!

If there is anything further I can do for you now or in the future, please do not hesitate at all to let usknow. We are at your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Double Tree staff was great. We had boxes of samples arriving directly to the hotel for an event and the staff was on the ball in alerting me of their arrival and making sure that we were taken care of. We also had the need for a roll away that they were glad to help us out with in a pinch. Highly recommend this team for future needs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your tradeshow. I was very glad to read how the staff took care of your needs with your packages and the rollaway. I hope the tradeshow was a success. Thank you again and happy holidays and happy new year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We checked on Thanksgiving night after a long day of driving. The check in was so quick and the staff was extremely friendly. Love the warm cookies! They even helped us get some milk for our young children since everything was closed for the night. Very clean rooms. Wood definitely stay again. Seemed to be a very business accommodating hotel, but they did great with our family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your holiday accomodations. I was very glad to read how the staff took care of you by getting you in quickly, especially after a long day of travel, and took the time to get your children some milk to go along with the cookies. I hope you enjoyed the holiday and we hope to serve you again soon. Thank you.
Global
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

From the view of the Hotel - excellent, Rooms are good, lobby is inviting, I like the gift bag they give at check-in (especially including an Apple - healthy choice and their famous Cookie).
Bar food is just good. The restaurant is much better. Also one of better breakfast bars I have seen.

The negative is the parking and the parking lot (in desperate need to re-paving). I have almost destroyed the wheels on my luggage.

Room Tip: Very convenient to I-287 Easy Ramp on and off
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that our guestrooms, lobby, Tuscany Restaurant and breakfast buffet met your satisfaction. We are working on updating our TK's Pub menu. We do have plans to make some improvements to the parking lot. I do apologize for the wear and tear it places on your luggage wheels. It is our pleasure to welcome our Hilton HHonors guests with a thoughtful welcome gift bag. We do try to make at least some of the selections healthy snacks. and the world Famous DoubleTree Cookie will always be an arrival treat for our guests. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Somerset Hotel & Conference Center and we hope to serve you again very soon. Thank you.
Ellicott City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

All in all, this hotel has reasonable accommodations that are commensurate with the price. I have stayed here on a couple of occasions and will likely stay there again unless I find better amenities for the price.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing us. We are in the process of discussing what will be new positive changes coming for the hotel with our new ownership. There will be updates to follow. We hope to serve you again very soon.
Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staff is great. Rooms need a little update. Drinks EXPENSIVE. Food passable with huge breakfast buffet. However food on buffet not always hot. Easy access off highway. Rates vary widely. Ask for best deal available. And the cookies are still the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for recognizing the staff. They do try hard to make each guests stay pleasant and comfortable. Thank you for your opinion on the rooms. We are currently in discussions with our new owner to do some sprucing up of the hotel. I will get with my restaurant manager to share your experience with the buffet food not being to temperature so that we can keep an eye on that. Thank you for making me aware. And as always, you are very welcome for the cookies. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again very soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Somerset, NJ Doubletree is an extremely well managed hotel. The staff is exceptional. Staying there was a total delight. This Doubletree is the best hotel in the area for a total quality experience. The service is outstanding. The rooms are clean and large. It is quiet and clean, and the location is ideal as a quick jumping off point. I recommend this hotel without any reservations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your comments and thank you for selecting the DoubleTree Somerset Hotel from the options that are available to you. Our aim is that each guest have a comfortable and relaxing stay without any hassles. I'm glad that you enjoyed the property. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!