“Double tree by Hilton- A brand you can blindly trust.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Atrium Drive, Somerset, NJ 08873-4197   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast + Internet
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Somerset
Chennai (Madras), India
“Double tree by Hilton- A brand you can blindly trust.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent property nestled between lush green meadows, numerous trees around that change into different shades during fall & other seasons, a small lake where you can see swans/ducks swim in. A picture perfect coming out of a romantic book you are reading. Centrally located, in the business district with a calm setting. I would recommend a stay here, be it your business trip or leisure. Has a good restaurant and a bar lounge too as a plus!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which room you take really. To get the best of this property, just take off fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your post. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location. We do feel that our location sets us apart from other hotels in the area. Being in the middle of an upscale Corporate Office Park provides a certain privacy from the outside immediate area. With grassy areas and ponds, it does provide a more relaxing atmosphere to unwind after a day at the office. Thank you again.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stevens, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed with work for the golf convention that was next door. Check in was annoying my boss booked the rooms under her name not thinking about it.. desk staff was pretty rude and seemed annoyed that we didn't have the correct information with us. After all that was solved i headed to the room which at first glance was wonderful. The room appeared clean and well kept. Overall i was extremely pleased until i went to get a shower.. first the shower head and water pressure was horrible and then i noticed a couple pieces of hair that were not mine.. Gross! After the convention i went into the bar for dinner and drinks service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. There again i was pleased until breakfast in the morning i was with a co worker it cost us 38$ for a breakfast that was not even warm anymore. This hotel is touch and go im sure it could be wonderful with a couple details worked on!

Room Tip: * stay away from the breakfast
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful as the General Manager of the property to read these. I do apologize for the delay at your time of check in. Due to out utmost priority in regards to our guests safety and welfare, we are thorough when it comes to ensuring that the correct guest is checking into the correct reservation. Having the correct guest name on the reservation at the time of check in is a hotel standard that I expect my staff to comply with. Hilton, as a brand, insists that we do the same. It appears as though everything worked itself out in regards to this when I viewed reservation history of the parties involved. I sincerely apologize about the water pressure and cleanliness issues in the bathroom. We did have a motor that burned out that supplies hot water to our guest rooms during your stay. It was replaced with the hour, but I am sorry that it was an inconvenience. In regards to the cleanliness issues, I was able to look into your account and retrieve your room number. I have addressed this with my Housekeeping Director and the Room Attendant that was responsible for preparing your room. Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast. We are continuously monitoring our pricing versus like hotels in our area. It should have the appropriate temperatures though. I do not know if you brought these items to the attention of a hotel manager, but if you did, I would feel confident that they would have dealt with it to your satisfaction. I have updated your profile with us so that we can be sure that if you provide us another opportunity, these issues will not be encountered again. Thank you again for your feedback.
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This isn't where a normally stay when I am in the area, but after Sandy, but my usual place was booked. The hotel is big and a bit cumbersome, but if you avoid the high traffic areas, it's a nice place to stay and the rooms are big and pretty quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We do have a large hotel, but I can assure you that any of our staff members would be happy to make sure that you got to where you needed to in the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The young lady at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful. I got my Hilton Honors goodie bag. When the printer didn't work in the business center, she let me use one of the front desk computers to print my next day boarding passes. The room was clean and comfortable. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share it. As General Manager of the property, this input is extremely valuable to me. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Goody Bag and that the staff assisted you with your boarding passes. Thank you again.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I read on Trip Advisor about the famous goody bags. This was a business trip for my husband, so the room was in his name. When we went to register at the front desk, the clerk couldn't find his Honors Club membership in the computer system. She wouldn't give him a goody bag! She never even made eye contact. Shouldn't the guest have the benefit of the doubt?

I asked if she could use my club membership, but she said no because the room wasn't in my name. Babyish I know, I asked, "I can't get a goody bag, can I?" Without even looking at me, she actually snapped, "No."

They must have a lot of people pretending to Hilton Honors members scamming to get a goody bag. In that case they should get their computer system functional so they don't treat real members like the bums they apparently feel non-members are.

To add insult to injury when I got to the room, I found you couldn't get free WiFi unless you were a Hilton Honors gold member. As stated above, I could not prove my status.

The room is standard, with some problems. The bureau is covered with contact paper that is severely warping (see photo). HVAC very noisy; it turned itself on and off all night. There are only two glasses. Low tier Crabtree & Evelyn Amenities with sharp plastic that hurts your hand to open. Darkish bathroom. Hard to find outlets except in bathroom. Plusses: Lots of space in the room. Fabulous TV.

There was a conference in the hotel and the restaurant was closed to non-participants. Breakfast for us was served in the pub, where it was so dark that I could hardly see the food and in fact, I couldn’t even identify what turned out to be scrambled eggs. The hostess was rude. Though I must admit that the fresh fruit was very good.

In his day and age, what hotel is so cheap with WiFi? Add to that the rude treatment by some staff members, and I would not want to return to this unwelcoming place.

Room Tip: see if you can get a room with quiet HVAC.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
It is disheartening to learn that your experiences with us were not as you had hoped. It is standard procedure to offer benefits to those guests registered with our Hilton HHonors rewards program. While we do everything we can to ensure a guest is a current rewards member, there are times when a guest is no longer listed in our system as a member and we regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Our charges for Wi-Fi in the rooms remains separate as not all guests require this service or utilize the free internet available in the lobby. We thank you for bringing these points to our attention and we will work with the team to address as necessary to ensure our commitment to customer service is our highest priority. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective.
Middlesex, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I spent a night here to escape my cold house (no power after hurricane). The room was lovely and staff helpful and friendly. Pub food was good, nice atmosphere. The only downside was the temperature in the pool, a bit cold.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It is wonderful that you were able to spend some time at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel and Conference Center while you were waiting for power to return after the recent storm. Although the temperature of the pool is back to normal, due to the storm, the heating process for the pool was temporarily unavailable and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you have the chance to visit again soon.
ROCKFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the Doubletree Somerset for 5 days whilst visiting in the New York area, including the city itself. The hotel was well-situated to access the NJ Transit rail lines to NYC. The hotel is an older property, but very well kept. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was spotless, and the area is very safe and secure. Room price was 1/3 the price of a NYC hotel we stayed in at the beginning of our stay in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel and Conference Center while visiting New York City. With our central location and easy access to highways and transportation, we are thrilled you were able to enjoy that convenience while here. Your kind comments are appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!