“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Somerset
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went from Texas to New Jersey for my 45-year high school reunion. I stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed. The room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the TV worked great. Also, the room had a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, hair dryer, etc. The people working the desk were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. For example, I wanted to eat Indian food. Many people would have told me how to get to the restaurant. Here, the manager wrote the address on a sheet of paper to make sure I got there, which I did.

The location is great, right off 287 South but off the highway so you are in a country setting. I thought the breakfast was good. Once again, the gals there were very helpful. For example, I found packets for oatmeal. The gal working there asked if she could make it for me. That was not necessary but shows that the staff at this hotel believes that its mission is to serve, not avoid, as at some places.

It was only late in my stay that I realized that the hotel also has a gym and swimming pool. It also seems to have a nice restaurant although I went out for meals. The meal seemed to have many good choices. In summary, I would gladly stay here again whenever I return to my beloved home State of Jersey.

Room Tip: No special tips. See review above.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice location. Room was nice, and front desk was great! Breakfast was another story. Seems they had too many guests for an ill prepared breakfast staff. Coffee ran out and took forever to get refilled. Cream disappeared and took a while to refill. Milk for cereal was gone and no one around to refill. Waffle mix was too soupy and did not cook right, plus stuck(even though we sprayed) to waffle iron. I personally watched a guest ask a staff member (cleaning up) for coffee. She was completely ignored. I know the breakfast is not the biggest part of the stay.Yet it is part of the stay. I know the continental menu is limited, and I accept that. What I struggle with is the poor delivery of such a simple menu. The help either ignored or were scarce. Myself and another guest actually walked to the front desk to complain. Unfortunately I did not have time to stick around to see if they got things together. We had limited time to get real coffee and food before our games.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Jackson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Loved this place. It looked new. the room was nice, everything was clean. The man at the desk was very fast and helpful. I cannot imagine what complaint anyone could have about this hotel. There is a restaurant in the hotel. We ate there one night and it was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

very good location easy to got out and back to the highway ,place insde nice price was in fair market they nice resturant but the kitchen close eary ,bar is good ,room nice clean front disck is frindaly helpful i love to come back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff was very friendly, from the front desk employees to the housekeeping employees. The rooms and public areas were clean and comfortable. The air conditioner turned on and off throughout the night causing us to be unable to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset? Share your experiences!