I went from Texas to New Jersey for my 45-year high school reunion. I stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed. The room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the TV worked great. Also, the room had a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, hair dryer, etc. The people working the desk were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. For example, I wanted to eat Indian food. Many people would have told me how to get to the restaurant. Here, the manager wrote the address on a sheet of paper to make sure I got there, which I did.
The location is great, right off 287 South but off the highway so you are in a country setting. I thought the breakfast was good. Once again, the gals there were very helpful. For example, I found packets for oatmeal. The gal working there asked if she could make it for me. That was not necessary but shows that the staff at this hotel believes that its mission is to serve, not avoid, as at some places.
It was only late in my stay that I realized that the hotel also has a gym and swimming pool. It also seems to have a nice restaurant although I went out for meals. The meal seemed to have many good choices. In summary, I would gladly stay here again whenever I return to my beloved home State of Jersey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly off I-287 at Exit 12, you'll find the newly renovated La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset. Our convenient location puts us close to Somerset Patriots Ballpark, Garden State Exhibit Center, Liberty Mutual Insurance Headquarters, and Rutgers University - just to name a few. Nearby attractions like Colonial Park Arboretum and Gardens offers a fun, scenic activities for all ages, Bridgewater Commons Mall, Raritan Valley Community College, Somerset Medical Center, Merrill Lynch, Johnson & Johnson, and more are within 10 minutes of the hotel. Neighboring areas like New Brunswick, New York, Newark International Airport and La Guardia airports are about a 30 minute drive away. Here at the hotel, guests can enjoy our business center with two work stations, up to 6,000 square feet of meeting space, guest laundry, fitness center, heated indoor pool & spa, free parking that can accommodate buses and trucks, free high speed Internet throughout the hotel, a small convenience store in our lobby and Soho Lounge & Grill, our on site restaurant which we now host weekly events such as Kareoke, After Work Party (Fridays), Special guest DJs, Comedians and Bands as well as Line Dancing and Zumba! Our guests can unwind in their spacious room include has microwave oven, refrigerator, deluxe pillow-top mattresses, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron w/ironing board, and large 32 inch LCD TV w/premium cable channels. Head down to the lobby are where each morning we serve a Free Bright Side Breakfast® while enjoying the free newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset Hotel Somerset
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Somerset
- Somerset Ramada Inn
- Ramada Somerset