We were visiting family in the area and decided to try a new place. There are not many hotels or motels between Somerset and Trenton on the west side of the state, so we tried a more economical property.
Check-in was somewhat chaotic as there were two large family groups all checking in at the same time when we arrived, but the staff handled it all efficiently and in a friendly way.
The room was adequate and clean, although the bed was uncomfortable. Nothing remarkable either way, it was about what I expected from this level of chain hotel.
Breakfast was served in the hotel's restaurant, and it was typically forgettable. A paltry offering of bread/toast, dry cereal, something unidentifiable in a chafing dish, and bad coffee. (Why is is so difficult to offer a decent cup of coffee? or lids for the styrofoam coffee cups?) The breakfast space was dated and unpleasant. We went to a nearby Dunkin' for coffee and breakfast instead.
Overall - staff was friendly and helpful, location was OK, with easy access and plenty of parking. We were shopping for a cheaper place, and we found it. I'm not sure the sacrifice was worth what we saved. Unsure about whether we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly off I-287 at Exit 12, you'll find the newly renovated La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset. Our convenient location puts us close to Somerset Patriots Ballpark, Garden State Exhibit Center, Liberty Mutual Insurance Headquarters, and Rutgers University - just to name a few. Nearby attractions like Colonial Park Arboretum and Gardens offers a fun, scenic activities for all ages, Bridgewater Commons Mall, Raritan Valley Community College, Somerset Medical Center, Merrill Lynch, Johnson & Johnson, and more are within 10 minutes of the hotel. Neighboring areas like New Brunswick, New York, Newark International Airport and La Guardia airports are about a 30 minute drive away. Here at the hotel, guests can enjoy our business center with two work stations, up to 6,000 square feet of meeting space, guest laundry, fitness center, heated indoor pool & spa, free parking that can accommodate buses and trucks, free high speed Internet throughout the hotel, a small convenience store in our lobby and Soho Lounge & Grill, our on site restaurant which we now host weekly events such as Kareoke, After Work Party (Fridays), Special guest DJs, Comedians and Bands as well as Line Dancing and Zumba! Our guests can unwind in their spacious room include has microwave oven, refrigerator, deluxe pillow-top mattresses, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron w/ironing board, and large 32 inch LCD TV w/premium cable channels. Head down to the lobby are where each morning we serve a Free Bright Side Breakfast® while enjoying the free newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Somerset Hotel Somerset
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Somerset
- Somerset Ramada Inn
- Ramada Somerset