“Meets my needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Somerset
Woodstock, Georgia
“Meets my needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a nice basic holiday inn. The rooms are clean and seem to be freshly decorated. I asked for a fridge in my room that I got right away, but had to pay extra for. It was nice to have the hot breakfast available in the hotel with an omelet bar! I also got room service one day and they followed exactly what I asked for and the guy that brought my room service was very nice and courteous, he even without asking, went down to get my receipt because I told him that I was checking out that morning. The check in staff can be more friendly though, when I asked for dinner recommendations, the lady didn't really know anything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Endicott, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here with our team for a soccer tournament. Staff was friendly and hotel appeared clean. Restaurant/bar was good and also reasonable. No complaints. I would stay here again.
Why is there a 200 character minimum?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

1. Refrigerators should be standard in all rooms. This is true for most top of the line hotels. To pay an extra $10 is unnecessary. The fridge was small and could only fit drinks. Not good!

2. I think the room is a bit small for a King size bed. It was pretty tight walking around the room.

3. Passcodes for the WIFI should be given upon arrival with the key. I had to call for that information.

4. There is a need for more luggage carriers. I waited for 20 minutes for one before my boyfriend and I lugged everything upstairs ourselves.

5. Not enough free outlets in the room. None by the bed.

6. Check-in was not efficient for me. I do not want to have to go to the front desk and check out if my information/card is on file. Most hotel slide the bill under the door to ease check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Winter Park, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed our stay. It's in an office park area, so it is a quiet area of town. We had a nice room, fairly typical of a Holiday Inn. The access to the main thoroughfare is good, and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within a couple of miles. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The staff people we dealt with were pleasant. They have a large sports bar with typical sports bar food and a limited amount of full entrees. We enjoyed winding down there. There is no free breakfast, no fridge and no microwave.

Room Tip: We had a king room and it was good-sized.
Salem, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn the week of November 12 for 4 nights of business. Due to Hurricane Sandy the hotel was full with electrical workers.

Overall the hotel is a typical Holiday Inn. It seems to have been renovated not too long ago. The rooms are comfortable but when I am out of town, one thing that is important to me is internet in the room. However, the internet in this hotel is horrible. You can connect, and then it takes at least a minute for a webpage to appear, that is if it appears at all.

I called the front desk and was told they would check and call me back. In 45 minutes I called them because they never called back. I was told they rebooted the router but the internet in the section I was in was probably not good. And was told they could not move me because they were full. The front desk person apologized for the bad internet and I told him that didnt help me at all. Of course he did not apologize for not calling me back as he said he would. That is more irritating to me as from customer service point.

Other than that, the cleaning crew, maid service is great. Very friendly and they do a great job cleaning.

I also have the breakfast buffet included with my corporate rate. The first three days was held in the bar area because they had a private function in the main dining area. The service was typically good. However when I left on Friday, I went for breakfast and it was moved back to the dining area. Service was horrible. The people were hovering in the back area and i was with two other tables that were basically ignored. We had to ask for coffee since all of us ran out. And we had to wave the person over to get his attention. The sad thing is, there were not more than 10 people in the restaurant at that time. So why the inattention ?

I must say though, if you eat in the bar in the evening, the service is great. The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. So I do not want people to think it is all bad here. Because it is not.

The other thing is their "business center"... They had two computers and no printers. One of my peers had to print something and was told the printer had been broken or something to that concept. How difficult is it for a company to go to Staples, pick up a $100 printer and install it. We do that at home all the time. Not a good business center. You can't even print out your boarding pass for you flight.

Overall the hotel is ok. Nothing special, but if they tweaked a few things to make it better for business travel, it would be an improvement.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the main hallway that the elevators are on. This hotel is large and has a secon...
Oswego, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Somerset for one night. First floor, across from the gym. Looks nice on the outside, particularly the lobby. Service from front desk staff was decent, depending on who you got. (Dealt with two different people, one nice woman and a gentleman who was rather short with us when we asked for the WiFi access code.) Room looked clean at first glance, but upon further inspection I realized it wasn't. Stains in the carpet, furniture was dusty, that sort of thing. Here's the best part: Took a look under the bed because I thought I kicked something, and, lo and behold, I pull out a box of unopened, moldy, coffee cakes. Blegh. Barely any outlets for myself and my two roommates (stayed for a doubleheader hockey game far away from home) to charge our phones, let alone their other electronic items, like iPads and laptops and all those. Bed was alright, did the job, slept fine. The two types of pillows offered (firm or soft) was a nice touch. Shower was...wet. What you would normally expect from a cascading water device. Didn't notice any stains or mold anywhere. Sink faucet didn't have any cold water until the morning we left, which I thought was odd. Didn't go to the hotel restaurant, not enough time. Also had to go on a spider killing spree at 12:00AM, the room had webs in every corner, and some of them started crawling down the walls to say hello. I've stayed at Holiday Inns before, and usually I don't mind them so long as I get a decent night's sleep, but this was way out of hand. Don't plan on being back in Somerset for a while (if at all), and if I am, I'll shell out the extra gas money and scuttle off to someplace that's a little bit nicer.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor. Lot of noise.
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a great hotel if you need to attend an event at the convention center across the street. It is a typical Holiday Inn and I had a typical business experience. The rooms were clean. I didn't try the hotel restaurant. The service in the bar was very slow. The best part was being able to walk across the street for the convention center without paying the high prices to stay in the hotel connected to the convention center. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater? Share your experiences!