“Shining star in Somerset” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater

You added Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater to your Saves list
Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Davidson Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873 (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Somerset
new york ny
“Shining star in Somerset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

This hotel was formally a Marriott, and is now a Crowne Plaza. They has taken an old dreary lobby and turned it something to be proud of.The rest has been completely remodeled and is visually impressive ( it helps that the food is outstanding).Rooms all are tastefully appointed and have flat screens whivh Is always a plus. A perk during the summer months is a connecting pool in which you can swin both indoors and outdoors .What really makes this hotel stand out though is the staff. From the moment you enter the hotel, they make sure everything is done to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Though I've read prior reviews about the presence of Rutgers students, I can honestly say I didn't see a soul from the university. The few students I did see were polite, respectful and just as friendly as the outstanding staff. I've had the pleasure to stay here for business with my colleagues and we always feel welcomed, accommodated and tended to as if we were foreign dignitaries. The rooms and beds are cozy, housekeeping is delightful and the customer service is outstanding. As I travel quite frequently, it's nice to be welcomed into a place where people remember you and treat you like old friends.

Hudson Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed here for a few nights in January. The hotel is located like many at the Easton Rd Exit off I287. Pretty easy on and ff.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The bedding was very comfortable and fresh. The bathroom, while a bit small, was well appointed. I particularly liked the terry robe provided. I say the bathroom was small because you couldn't get in the shower unless you closed or nearly closed the door. Otherwise the door & toilet blocked access.

There was a breakfast buffet. My Priority Club level gave it for free. It was good quality, though limited. I have had much better 'free' buffets at Residence Inns for example.

I would defintely stay here again. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because there was no included microwave or fridge included in the room. I did ask the desk if I could have one provided and was told yes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
jimgross, Jim Gross General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Dear Hudson Valley Guy,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Somerset. Thank-you for the wonderful comments about our friendly & accomodating staff. I will make sure that I pass along the positive comments to my team. Thanks again for staying with us.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We entered the hotel on a cold snowy night and immediately felt a warm glow of the heater just inside the door. This warmth pervaded the hotel completely. We were greeted warmly and efficiently at check in, upgraded, given a goodie bag and then given complimentary breakfast vouchers. Our room was perfect. Lovely new TV and everything worked. It was a couple of doors from the executive lounge where the hostess greeted us and plied us with sodas and hot chocolate. We had a perfect night's rest and an unexpected complimentary breakfast with attentive staff in the morning. I also enjoyed a nice warm morning swim going to and from the indoor pool in a nice bath robe.

It was one of those rare experiences where everything worked just perfectly and staff right down to the maintenance man in the elevator were all very welcoming. In finding something negative to say all I can think of is that there is very little of interest in the immediate vacinity. It's just a pefect for an interstate stopover as you can see the hotel from the intersection.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

This hotel is somehow associated with Rutgers University, as several floors are being used as a dorm for loud, noisy, rude, obnoxious Rutgers students. They were everywhere and were an embarrassment to the hotel and the university. They crowded the fitness room. They hogged the pool and the hot tub. I had to get up at 6 am, but the hotel allowed them to throw a party and blast music until midnight. I was on the 5th floor and the party was on the 1st floor, but I could hear the music clearly in my room and the hotel did nothing even after several of my colleagues called to complain. The students even set off the fire alarm and when I went to the front desk to make sure the hotel wasn't on fire, I heard one of the students say that it happens all the time. The room was rather small and the towels were painfully rough. The front desk staff was nice, even though somewhat powerless and the breakfast buffet was very good. But it doesn't make up for the fact that this hotel is part dorm and if you say there on business, there's a good chance you're not going to get any sleep. The internet connections were also very spotty. I could get online, but if the connection is being shared among all the students in the building, you can guess why it would be slow.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
jimgross, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I would like to extend my most sincere apology to you for the aspects of your stay that we did not meet your expectations. We did have a one time event for one of our customers during your stay and I am sorry that it ruined your night. If you get back to the area we would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Thanks again for your feedback.
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I've stayed in Crowne Plazas across the Middle East and in Europe where they're known for their top-notch ammenities. The Somerset-Bridgewater Crowne Plaza was the exception to the rule. It has no minibar/refrigerator, no microwave, not even a dresser to put your belongings. Otherwise, the service was friendly and the room was clean. Bottom line is this hotel caters to the business traveler, but doesn't do the job for anyone staying with children.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I attended a conference at the Crowne Plaza Somerset back in July and was impressed by its offerings. I came back in September with my family for a weekend getaway and couldn't be happier. The hotel is newly renovated and has the best breakfast buffet in town. We took advantage of all of the amenities that this hotel offers from the indoor/outdoor pool to the fitness center and even recreational activities in the courtyard. We felt as if we were staying at a resort and we were just minutes from home.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater? Share your experiences!