“Outstanding customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“Outstanding customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights during the holidays and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was a little out of our way, but we got a great deal online and decided to give them a try. I'm glad we did.

First of all, any communication I had with the hotel staff was friendly and sincere. I have not ever had a customer service experience like this before. We dealt with Kenda, Salim, Danielle, and many others. Every one of them went above and beyond and did it with professionalism and grace. We received handwritten welcome notes with gifts of cookies and chocolate. It was wonderful.

The hotel itself is nicely maintained. The rooms are showing signs of wear and tear, with stained lampshades and some cracking grout in the bathroom. The furniture is older and the drawers do not function well. There is no fan in the bathroom, which always annoys me. The bed was comfy.

The breakfast is the downfall here. It is included in the price, but it only took one day for us to realize that it was not good stuff. The eggs tasted fake, and the bakery items were yucky. We love free breakfast, but passed on it for the remainder of the trip.

Free WI-FI and parking!

Overall, this was a great stay, and I have saved it as a "keeper" for future reference.

• Stayed December 2012
James L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
My team greatly appreciates you taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. First, I apologize about our breakfast not exceeding your expectations. We appreciate your kind words about our service. We strive to make each and every guest interaction memorable. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Potenza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was here for almost 3 weeks. Suite with bedroom on the 4th floor. Staff is friendly and helpful. Close access to I287 and some restaurants just a block away. You are far enough away from main roads that there is no road noise.

I did notice smells from people smoking a couple times but not a regular occurance. The excercise room is a little sparse - no weights. The room was a little crowded with furnture.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are refreshing our fitness room in 2013 and our entire property. There will be changes with the room layout and the fitness center amenities. Thank you again.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Four of us stayed in a two room, two bath suite. One BR had a king size bed, the other two queens. All beds very comfortable, both baths very large. Niicely decorated in warm colors.
There is a small kitchen and dinning area. All were very clean.The included breakfast is generous with a substanial variety of choices including some basic asian staples. We were traveling with two older women, one 83 and the other 93 years of age. They were a bit tired in the morning and did not make it down to breakfast, but decided they would each like to have a breakfast sandwich, just as the breakfast was closing down and no sandwiches remained. When the woman in charge found out she asked me to give her ten minutes, at which time she produced the sandwiches for the ladies. The dining area is cozy and seemed large enough to serve the number of guests using it.
A few days after our return, my Mom, the 93 year old realized that she had left a photo of herself and my Dad taken on their fiftieth anniversary in the room. She carries this photo every where she goes since he passed away. I called the hotel and we had several phone calls back and forth while they searched for it, but were unable to find it. Mother was heartbroken. About a week later we received a phone call advising us that a staff member found the photo before she left on vacation and forgot to turn it. When she returned and realized it, she turned it over to the front desk staff. A couple of days later we received the photo in the mail. My Mom was delighted,
I can't thank all of the staff involved in the search and recovery mission enough. Their concern, concientiousness and compassion is very much appreciated. We would stay their again with pleasure. And yes, we have made copies of the photograph!

We did not use it, but their was a good size laundry room available for use by long staying guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and we were glad we found the picture! We hope you had a wonderful Holiday season. Thank you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After have previously been disappointed by other Homewood Suites in other locations, I was skeptical about how this stay was going to go, but I was reassured as soon as I met the front desk attendant. The people that work here obviously care about the quality of service they provide and they have made me feel extremely welcome.

Room Tip: There are smoking suites in this hotel, try to get in a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
James L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We shared your kind words with the team. Thank you and have a great Holiday.

James Lutz
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

October 20, 2012, was a very special day for me--special because my daughter got married. The ceremony was in Plainfield, NJ, and the reception was in Garwood, NJ. Homewood Suites Somerset was the answer to close proximity to both towns and reasonable room rates so my daughter reserved a block of rooms for her wedding party and guests. That proved to be an excellent decision. We had family coming in from Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia, which, naturally, meant we arrived at different times. The Front Desk Clerks were very accommodating when asked to have keys for those arriving later. The rooms are exactly as described on the website: clean, roomy with every convenience--two flat screen TVs, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, cabinets, and hair dryer. I slept in the king size bed and sofa bed. Both were extremely relaxing; and, if I didn't have a full day ahead of me, I would have lounged in them a little longer. I was pleasantly surprised and mentioned to my sister the comfort of the bed covering. It was lightweight, not heavy like a down comforter, yet kept me warm because the others were hot and turned on the air conditioner. We asked for extra washcloths and they were delivered within five minutes. All the staff I had brief conversations with were very friendly. When I returned to the hotel from the reception a young man who just finished his shift and was leaving offered to help carry my things. There's another plus I believe the hotel is unaware of. My nails looked horrible. But, the morning of the wedding, with the help of her GPS, my niece located a nail salon in the small shopping strip within walking distance of the hotel. We got our nails done and still had plenty of time that we didn't have to rush to get ready for the wedding. Because of nerves I didn't eat, but everything looked really good. I guess you can tell I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback! We strive to not only meet but to exceed our guest expectations. It is our undeniable goal to spread the light and warmth of hospitality. I am glad we were able to offer you a memorable stay. I've shared your review with my team and we look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you!

James Lutz
Providenciales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We flew in late to JFK and stopped at this property for a night on our way to PA. Missed the dinner so can't comment on that, Room was great for our family 2A:2C, which is why we choose Homewood where we can when traveling.

Breakfast was probably the best we've yet experienced in a Homewood property, seemed to be more variety and quality than the usual fare which is already good! Recommended stay if you are in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Where do I start? Staff was friendly and the hotel is clean. The rooms were huge, extremely quiet, and comfortable. I don't remember his name but the weekend manager was all over and very accommodating.
He checked us in, was changing lights out in the halls, bringing out new pool towels, and helping with breakfast. I loved the hotel made breakfast sandwiches. My only complaints are its a bit off of the highway and not many restaurants close by. We wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly staff and the hotel being clean. I will pass along your positive feedback to Cory, our operations manager. We wish you could have stayed longer also and enjoyed more time with the Homewood Suites Family. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Homewood Suites Somerset? Share your experiences!