“Home sweet home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Somerset
Somerset, New Jersey
“Home sweet home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

It was about three & a half months that I stayed at this hotel, being away from home was never so comfortable. The hotel staff is generous & dedicated. The rooms are clean & well lit up, room service is every day! They have an indoor pool which is an absolute nice idea for swimming in windy and cold days (since its mostly cold n windy in Somerset).
Loved their service, felt like home far away from home! :)
This is where I want to stay each time I come to Somerset! There isn't a thing I have to worry about being here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
East Coast, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel was excellent. The hotel staff was efficient, friendly, and very welcoming. The room was clean, towels soft, and fully equipped kitchen was very convenient. The rooms are easy to access with multiple entries around the building - so you are never far from your car or find yourself walking down endless hallways. The breakfast set up was very well maintained - with fresh cut fruit, eggs, whole grain options for toast of bagels, yogurts, many cereals, juices, and we noticed some Asian breakfast options as well. There are Indian and Chinese television stations, as well as the traditional cable line up.

The staff here goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. Would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I've stayed here three times for business and this hotel has never disappointed me. The rooms are a great size and very clean, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast in the morning is top notch. It's the only hotel I'll stay at when I'm in the Somerset area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

During my frequent business trips to US, I have opted to stay at Marriott residence INN since I feel the hotel management is trying there best to make our stay as comfortable and productive as possible.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews and were horribly disappointed. Let me start by saying that I am a loyal Marriott customer and have never had an issue at Marriott before.
I’m surprised Marriott keeps this hotel open. The description on Marriott’s website doesn’t match the room. Our suite was almost 100 sq ft smaller than what’s stated on the website. The website states that one rollaway is allowed, so we requested one when we made our reservation. It turns out the rooms are too small so rollaways aren’t permitted (something to do with fire code). There’s also no oven in the room (my son is on a very restricted diet, so we need more than a microwave when we’re traveling).

The carpet in both rooms in our suite was soaking wet, literally squishing when we walked. When we called the front desk they said that the dishwasher had overflowed. If they knew that, why didn’t they clean up the water before putting guests in the room? We moved to another room. I called for extra pillows and was told “no” because we already had 5 pillows in the suite. I was literally speechless. I have never had a request for extra pillows denied (which, by the way, is in my Marriott profile so they should have been in the room when we got there). We didn’t see any bed bugs, but neither my son nor I could sleep well because we started itching all over almost as soon as we lay down on the beds. We had reservations for 3 nights but left after 1. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Best place to stay for a business visitor in Somerset, NJ..Great staff, nice hotel

Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Hyderabad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for around six weeks, hotel is located at a very nice location. They have good breakfast like anyother Residence Inn, however one thing I have noticed is their preference for Japanese travellers, they have breakast, morning newspapers & Japanese cable channel to serve for Japanese travellers.

Since I have stayed at Corporate rate, so had a good discounted pricing, but looks like they are open to negotiate on rates, but then it again depends on season.

I had only one issue, noisy roof, yes, you read it right, for some reason you can hear people walking aroung on top floor, but I presume it is because of guest's ignorance, as and when I notified help desk, they looked into it and resolved it by ifnorming guests upstairs.

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — It small gym..
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!