“Goodbye Anchorage ....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Margate City, New Jersey
“Goodbye Anchorage ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tired of the wait for over-rated food at the Anchorage? Well Clancy's is spacious, CLEAN and has comfy seating to eat. Large menu, good prices, friendly service, lots of TVs if you want to watch sports and 2 large bars.

Enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ok food, terrible-horrible-ridiculosly bad service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was the worst experience I have ever had in my life from a service point. First let me say that it was Mother's Day and b4 you think that was the reason the service was bad, let me say the place was not busy at all. HINT! In fact, you would think because it was Mother's Day and not busy, they would have plenty of food and there would be no pressure on the servers. They were out of many items on the menu and service was terrible.
I am especially hard on the service comments because the five or six people involved in servicing our party were ALL bad . I am very aware that everyone gets a bad server here and there, but never have I had EVERYBODY bad. Receptionist, bartender, waiters, bus boys, and even the cooks were bad. Our waitress was so stupid that she even told us that the cooks told her she had to serve us our main course even though it was brought out with our salads and we sent it back once already and told her we didn't want it until we finished our salads.
As I said the place was not busy at all. We decided to stay to dance and listen to the DJ. Over an hour after paying the check, our table was still not cleaned off. We had to sit among our dirty dishes and trash till we finally couldn't take it any more. During that time no one even asked if we wanted a drink.
Food ordered was wrong,needless to say not very hot since we wanted it served after our salads,they made substitutions without asking(because they ran out of things), insisted on buying me a drink that I didn't want (and I strongly suspect was not what i was drinking), and so much more that I am getting mad reliving this event..... I am now saying Good Bye... because I'm on my way to a different restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place. Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Went in for Easter dinner and have been here a few times before. The place itself is beautiful and a nice bar. On the specials this night was a blackened chicken with avocado and salsa. Sounded interesting so I gave it a shot. And a cook myself I have made blackened chicken many times. I'm not sure if this was the cooks first night or they literally have never made this before ( remember its on special tonight ) but it was literally the worst chicken I've ever had in my life. The "blackened" chicken was severed with the Cajun seasoning still red on the outside and the chicken itself was dry and had no flavor. So I assume their idea of blackened is to just overcook chicken then serve ?! I really want to like this place but i have been here 3 times and have yet to have a good meal. The bar location and atmosphere are nice but as a cook myself of you can't get the food right you are going to fail like every other restaurant that has come before you in this location. Best of luck

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlantic County, NJ
“Great Mother's Day Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and mother-in-law visited Clancy's by the Bay on Mother's Day 2013. We were greeted nicely and seated almost immediately. We decided to sit in the bar area as opposed to the dining room. Plenty of televisions for your sports viewing pleasure.

Our server (Nicole) was pleasant, polite and very attentive! Our drinks were delivered quickly (and additional cherrys for my daughter's shirley temple). We polished offf an order of edamame and before we knew it our dinners were served. Meatloaf, Lobster Crab Cake sandwiches, and Pork Osso Bocco were all delicious!!

Can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. Went there several times. Always had great time. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. Had different things from menu, everything was very tasty. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013