“2nd stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
“2nd stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This was our 2nd stay. We stay in the Johnson suite 201. the room was great. The shower was great with nozzles at many levels. The bed was large. The room was clean. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

My fiance, Joseph and I are having our Wedding reception at the Smithville Inn. We had thought of staying at the Colonial Inn the night of the wedding. Luckily I won an overnight stay at the Smithville Inn Bridal Show and we were able to take advantage of it on Joe's birthday. When I called to book the room, the woman on the phone was so sweet. She delightedly described the rooms to me and helped me choose one. Our room was gorgeous with a view of the lake through giant windows, a king size bed, and home-like decor. The room also included a large bathroom with a double soaking tub and steam shower!! My fiance and I enjoyed both!! Snacks and coffee were available free of charge in the afternoon and breakfast was served in an adorable basket in the morning. The staff people were all so welcoming and friendly. I basically felt like I was at a home away from home. Everything was so clean and wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing except that there was no dvd player or movie options. There were lot's of tv channels however. I would recommend the colonial inn to anyone who was looking for something a bit cozier than a hotel room. The shoppes in the village are great and very convenient. Overall we had a very relaxing time! Im sure we will return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This was our third stay at the inn and in this particular suite! Love the location, just wish they brought you your breakfast basket! I also wish the fireplaces were real and or gas/electric. Love the shopping and went to Red Door Spa and that was so, so, wonderful. Bring your bathing suite to use all of the spa's features! The staff was nice and polite and even offered to book our dinner at the Smithville Inn for Sat. We had used open table so we suggest that trip tip as well. The inn gives iced tea to guests for free, and when I was checking out, I asked for two, one for me and one for my husband and they charged me. I thought that was a bit weird, I just paid all that money and was still a quest for 15 more minutes. Every time I went into the front desk for an iced tea, they gave me one all weekend, so, I thought this was a bit much to ask for the money. All in all, we will be back in JULY!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Neptune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

The room we stayed in was the Johnson suite #201. It has a small living area with a TV and a fireplace that uses canned heat but looks and sounds like a wood burning fire place. The bathroom has a large shower and a soaking tub for two. It is very nice and relaxing. The bedroom has a TV and a fireplace like the living room with a king size bed that is very comfortable. There are two AC / heaters for the suite that work very well but a little loud for my taste. A front porch with rockers that we loved.The staff is warm and welcoming and try to treat you very well. The Inn is about 30 min. from Atlantic City and 50 to 60 min. from Cape May. It is a great place to turn off the cell phones and just relax

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was happy to see us and attended to all our questions and needs. The breakfast and food at the cafe was excellent and everyone made us feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Every year my sisters and I do an overnight stay to celebrate one of our birthdays.This year we chose the Colonial Inn in Smithville. We booked our stay unfortunately in February without knowing we were going to have a major snowstorm. Tracey the manager at the inn was very understanding and helpful and was able to rebook us for the first weekend in March. It turned out to be a beautiful weekend. Everyone at the inn is very helpful, professional and courteous. The rooms are especially beautiful. We reserved the Johnson Suite and another room that was directly across. The rooms including the bathrooms are large and very clean and quiet. The suite was very nice with a large soaking tub and two fireplaces. Breakfast is just enough to start out your day. A special thanks again to Tracey for all your help in making our yearly tradition a special one. Sandy, Bev, and Chris

Stayed March 2010
PHILADELPHIA PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I treated myself to a relaxing weekend in Smithville and stayed at the Colonial Inn. It was absolutely beautiful and I decided that I am going to stay there every March for my birthday month. The staff were great and just so darn nice!!! The muffins were absolutey delicious and afternoon tea and coffee was a great. I cannot wait to book my mini vacation for ME again soon.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville? Share your experiences!