“They messed up the reservation, despite verification at front desk!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville

Save Saved
You added Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   37 South New York Road, Rt 9 North, Smithville, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
PNW
“They messed up the reservation, despite verification at front desk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We cancelled the final nights stay (of our original reservation) over the phone the day before arrival, and then verified it when we checked in. We verified it because when cancelling it I wasn't sure (because of the clerk's bad English) whether he had really understood. When we were ready to check out there was no record that we had cancelled the final night and the clerk was very rude about it and refused to cancel us without charge. We agreed to stay the "EXTRA" night so we wouldn't lose money, changing our travel schedule. Later on they had to call us to move us out of our room so that somebody else could have a floor on the lower level. They had probably promised somebody that room because we had CANCELLED THAT NIGHT.

So if you make any changes GET THEM IN WRITING!!

The room itself was adequate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
RedCarpetInnManager, Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, November 29, 2009
Hello, Im the manager of Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville NJ

I understand what you are trying to say, but the only reason we had messed up your reservation was because you did not give us your credit card number. Without the credit card number we can reserve any rooms. After we relized you did not give us your credit card number, we called you about 3-4 times and even left a message.

* I am very sorry about that. *

Thankyou.

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
galloway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

This Motel is Awsome and they have great staff. The maid is a little wosy but the staff and service and breakfast is great 9 out of 10

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
RedCarpetInnManager, Owner at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Gentle-person
I truly understand each of your words. I am extremely sorry from my heart. I am owner of the property another guy just manage the property for last couple of years but we already evicted and we get back and run our self. After we took charge this people did lots of mess still we try to clean day by day operation...we already put coffee maker, iron-iron board, change bed spread, outside lighting also change amenities like shower cap, lotion and facial tissue etc.....please feel free and call next time at 609-665-9446 and ask for Nick, I will take care just like family....
Again Sorry For Any Inconvenience.
Have Happy Holidays To You and Your Family.

Regards
Nick From
Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

This was the most disgusting hotel i have ever stayed it. They charged me 100 because it was a holiday weekend. The only reason why i stayed was because all the hotels in the area were book and if i didnt put the room already on my card i would have rather slepted in the car.

First off, I walked in the room and gagged on the smell of paint thinner. I took off the comforter and saw a PEE STAIN. I looked down the matress and saw a spider on the mattress.

Second, the room is the size of a cube. There is a tiny square matt in the bathroom. Holes in the wall. Which the bathroom smelled like it had not been properly cleaned.

Lastly, sometime during my 3 hour sleep..someone had tried getting into my room. They knocked for a while and then just pushed the door hard until they had entered my room. Luckly, it was a person who realized they were in the wrong room. BUT HONESTLY THE DOOR SHOULD PROPERLY LOCK!!!!

I slept for a couple of hours. and i lefted as soon as i could.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Gentle-person
Again Sorry For Any Inconvenience.
Have Happy Holidays To You and Your Family.

Regards
Nick From
Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

The penny pinching really shows at this hotel. New construction but corner cutting at every turn really takes away from what "could have been". Walls are paper thin and I mean "Paper thin" Room is decent size and equipt with a micro wave and mini fridge (both worked) Ultra cheap furniture and bed. If you do stay here I recommend bringing your own bath towel and toilet paper

Over priced at 40.00 a night. This is a 25.00 hotel at best

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
RedCarpetInnManager, Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
I am sorry for the late responce.

We understand very well about what your tyring to say about the walls & the constuction. It is not our fault. We bought this place already as it is, someone else had conctusted it. This summer we are trying our best to imporove our quality. This is actully our first experience for motel line, so we are still new! We are going to take the time out to imporve our service, soaps, towels, and ect. Thankyou for telling us what we need to impprove. We hope that in the forture if you have more suggestions you can feel free to tell us and we will try to improve it.

Thanks again for your suggestion.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Tiny towels, tiny soap, hole in bathroom wall, paper bath mat in shower area, not enough towels even though 3 people were registered. No phone directions to reach office or call out. Clean, comfortable beds, nice flat screen tv, mini refrigerator, microwave. No continental breakfast or coffee, only on weekends.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Sorry for our inconvinancy. We are trying to improve our supplies this summer. We do have breakfast and coffee everyday.
vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

I stayed at this location for 11 days that’s 11 hard uncomfortable days. They do more then cut corners from only given 2 towels that are thin rough and hard, soap that breaks when you use it the very first time, no clock radio, dirty sheets with blood stains, paper sheet for shower matt, the coffee is almost clear, there are no donuts cereal or anything for the free continental breakfast they serve. The heater didn’t work half the time and blew in cold air. They only have one maid that works for 2 hours and if your room isn’t done within them 2 hours you’re out of luck. We went 3 days in a row without maid service. I asked to be up graded for the last 3 nights we were there and they figured it out to be $185.00 but they would reduce it to $160.00 for all three nights but when I asked how much after would it be when they credit the room that we were already in he looked at me straight faced and said No credit for the room you are in now. I kindly said thank you but no thanks. I don’t know how this place received 2 out of 5 stars because I can’t believe anyone would even give it one star. I wouldn’t stay there ever again even if it was free. The worst thing about it is that we were there during their grand opening and they did nothing special for it. The building is poorly built without any kind of insulation or sound board so not only can you hear people walking, closing doors, water running, and I will stop there because I am sure you get the full picture. If not then if you go there and decide to have a romantic interlude then be very very quite cause you don’t want everyone to hear you. While sitting on my bed working on my laptop in my shorts the one day the cleaning lady cleaned our room. They didn’t have wash clothes so 15 mins later she just walked into my room looked at me and said “Here is the wash clothes” she continued to put them in without saying hi, I’m sorry or even bye. If you have someone you don’t like and they ask you for a great place to stay then I recommend you lie and tell them to go to the red carpet inn and suites in Smithville NJ @ 37 south New York road on route 9

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
We are very sorry for all that! When you were present at this hotel someone else was the owner and there was a differnt staff. We came to this hotel much later! Next time you come to this hotel we will try our best to get an approval from you.

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville? Share your experiences!