“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Short Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   41 John F. Kennedy Parkway, Short Hills, NJ 07078   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer Family Fun Awaits!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hagerstown, United States
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

we booked a cruise to Bermuda leaving from NYC, and instead of getting up at 5am to make the drive to NYC on sunday morning, we chose to go up a day earlier and stay in Short Hills, NJ (approx. 30 mins from NYC) and finish the drive the next day after a nice leisurely breakfast etc. With most hotels in NYC in the 300-400 dollar / night price range, this was a perfect, cost-effective place to stay, relatively close and easy to get in and out, and if you self-park your car, it's free (another big money saving bonus)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Anthony S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Short Hills! We also hope that you had a wonderful experience on your cruise to Bermuda and enjoyed all that the island has to offer.

Safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Improvements needed: rooms need major updating and food services need higher quality ingredients and new menu ideas. Breakfast was a chemical factory of processed foods, watered down oatmeal, old cut up fruit, etc. Good things - nice staff, soft sheets, good room A/C control, great pool and hot tub, no noise from outside. Twenty years ago this was a top notch hotel with beautiful finishes. It's time for a major upgrade throughout to bring it into the 21st century.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would be happy to connect with you to discuss your comments further. You provided us with some very specific information which helps us as we continually try to improve our guest experience.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience at Anthony.Spagnolo@Hilton.com
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

But I am about quality and was not impressed by what this property delivered for the price. The room was nice and the service good. It was the small stuff that could have been done better. Little water flowed from the shower head. I used most of the conditioner on morning 1 & it was not replaced so didn't have enough before a business meeting morning 2. I struggled with a drunken ironing board that lurched to one side so propped it against the bathroom sink and tried to press my suit while water and white deposits poured all over my black suit. I had to try to dry my suit by an open window before my meeting. I ordered a pot of coffee so I could work in my room and somehow the price went from $5 on the menu to $15 delivered. 2 cups of coffee in a pot with milk & cream - nothing else...

The mall across the street was filled with those grossly overpriced prestige brand stores - that to me lure in insecure suckers so they can show the world they are worthy because they wear Prada. Really not my scene. The redeeming store was Legacy Seafood and their grilled tuna steak.

Overall - an expensive place. Depending on what you value - it may or may not be for you. I would have rather stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the service provided by our team. I do however, apologize for the experience you had with the water pressure and inoperable ironing board. Please email me at your earliest convenience at Anthony.Spagnolo@Hilton.com so that we may discuss this in further detail. It is important for us to not only make this right for you, but also to identify the specific room in which you had these issues to ensure they are corrected.

I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you in the near future.
STATEN ISLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was great. It was pricey, but that was due to the area. We didn't mind the price since we were attending an event in the hotel that night. We would have liked to have a breakfast, even a continental breakfast, included in the price instead of it being part of a $40 upgrade.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay! After reading your review, it seems as if you may have confused our breakfast price with the cost of our Sunday Brunch. To clarify, the hotel offers a Full American Breakfast Buffet daily for $22.50. We also offer our award winning Sunday Brunch at $38.00 per guest. My apologies if this information was miscommunicated to you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Short Hills in the future.
Leesburg, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Usually stay here while visiting NJ office. Best fitness center I've seen in the area. Walking distance to mall and off site restaurants there. Can be pricey at times, but definitely the best place to stay in the nearby area. Have never had a bad stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the hotel amenities and that the Hilton Short Hills is your choice hotel when traveling to the area. Please email me at your earliest convenience "Anthony.Spagnolo@Hilton.com" as I would like to personally welcome you back to our hotel and learn more about your specific needs in order to make your stays with us even more rewarding. We value your loyalty and appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Safe travels -
bronx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I could not have been happier when we celebrated our wedding anniversary and his birthday at Hilton Short Hills this past weekend. We have been coming to this wonderful hotel for over a year and found that it always lived up to its description -- a luxury resort/spa.

As soon as we parked, we felt the worries and concerns of everyday life fade. The warm welcome from Rhodeline, before we even checked in, and Richard and Heather’s lovely greeting to us at the Front Desk started our getaway wonderfully. So when we encountered a room glitch we were surprised -- but we were not surprised at how graciously and attentively it was handled.

Anthony, the Front Office Manager, along with Kris and Beryl, Housekeeping Manager and Director, helped us get settled in; Heather, Diana, and Richard at the front Desk made sure everything was going smoothly; Megan found Roberta's glasses-case in the cushions of a lobby chair, delivered them to our room; Glenn so graciously helped us with our luggage after our room-assignment was finalized.

For the first time, we arranged a couples massage at the beautiful Eforea Spa with Sheila and Margarita where April,Kenny, and Eddy put us very much at ease. And then, it was lovely to return to our room, where we found Rich's birthday cake sent up by the ever-gracious Anthony.

We're always in such good hands with Odeth, Esther, and Laura, our wonderful hostesses for Saturday night snacks and Sunday morning Breakfast and with Mark, who took care if our house-keeping list -- delivered with a smile by Adeline -- who also was kind enough to bring a fresh supply of paper to the business center.

We're so looking forward to returning in a few weeks. Hilton Short Hills is our permanent weekend getaway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Welcome back to the Hilton Short Hills! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is wonderful to know that our entire team played an important role in ensuring your complete satisfaction. "Happy Anniversary!!" from all of us at the Hilton Short Hills - we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The property is nice and the staff is very nice but they should be for the price. Fortunately I had my confirmation # because they did not have my reservation. I then went to the bar and it was very busy with not enough help so I had to wait for service and they did not have the right drink glasses. This kind of thing should not be happening for the price.
They charge 5 star prices but it is at best a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Indriani S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for posting your review concerning our hotel on TripAdvisor, we greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to inform us about your stay.
I did happen to take mention to your comments regarding the service you received while a guest of ours, and I did want to extend an apology to you concerning your experience at the bar. As you can see, we strive to deliver world class service to all of our guests, and I apologize for the lack of hospitality you experienced. I will share this comment with our F & B Director. We value your feedback, and hope that this did not mar your entire stay.
We thank you for posting about your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Hilton Short Hills? Share your experiences!