“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got reservations on a Thursday night in June without a problem. Food was very good, service was excellent. Bill was $240 (including tip) for two couples. Will be going back soon...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ship Bottom, New Jersey
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I must first say my husband and I travel at least three times a year. That may make us snobby when it comes to food and hospitality. That being said, here goes...
We saw that Bisque had good reviews here on Trip Advisor, we've never been to this area, so we took the chance. We called to make reservations and no one answered. They are not open for lunch so the voicemail message said I could leave my name and number so I did. Within the hour I received a return phone call confirming our reservation.
We arrived and were sat immediately. Looking around it seemed reservations were necessary. It was very, very busy.
We looked at their website before we made reservations and we were excited about their menu. It's a "bring your own booze" restaurant and we chose not to bring wine.
Our waitress, Jen, greeted us in a timely manner and read us the specials. We both ended up ordering one of the specials.
We weren't ask if we'd like a beverage and had to ask if they had something to drink. (Error #1)
The appetizers were good. My husband ordered clams, I had a field greens salad. Their house dressing was a honey balsamic vinaigrette. It was very, very good.
For our entrees, my husband ordered a broiled African lobster dish. It had various different types of seafood. Lobster (small to medium size), scallops (3), shrimp (2) and 1 stuffed clam, $40. For the amount of food given, not worth the price. I ordered their filet mignon special. It came with lumped crab meat and a delicious sauce on top. The steak wasn't seasoned and apparently was relying on the sauce to give it flavor. The combination of the charcoaled flavor of the steak paired with the beautiful crab and smooth sauce did not work well together at all. It was also served with a side of asparagus (over cooked and limp) and "potatoes au gratin". The potatoes were cold and a grey color that potatoes get from being overcooked. This dish was $45.
Having looked at the menu beforehand, I knew I wanted sorbet for dessert. It mentioned to ask the server what was available. I did just that. She responded by saying she would bring the menu. When the menu arrived it was exactly the one shown online. So again, I asked what the sorbet flavors they had were. I was a bit annoyed that obviously she hadn't listen to my question, but rather assumed my question.
All that being said, our total bill came to $140 with tax and very generous tip . Two people, no alcohol, a seafood medley no better than Red Lobster and a sauce that was better than what it sat on.
Good luck if you decide to visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manahawkin
“Unassuming and UN-believable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have now been to this restaurant twice and if I have anything to do about it, it will NOT be the last! Recently my husband and I went there to celebrate our 43rd Wedding anniversary and it truly was a culinary GIFT for us both! From the seared Ahi Tuna appetizer to the delectable tuna entrée I was in heaven! The cost is slightly more than your beach town restaurant but let me tell you it is well worth it! In keeping with other area restaurants, it is a BYOB enterprise which helps keep the overall bill down. I heartily recommend this if you are looking for quality cuisine that is not run-of-the-mill!! Bon Appetite!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Paul, MN
“great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wonderful meal. They have a special vegetarian menu, which was a plus for us. Excellent parmesan crusted risotto fritters and my salad of baked goat cheese with strawberries, candied pecans and cranberries was wonderful and large. We finished it off with their chocalate surpreme (think chocalate in 4 forms put together) which was in fact, supreme. You can bring you own wine, which we didn't know about.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lumberton, NJ
“Bisque was perfect for our wedding party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had our wedding dinner party for 24 guests at the Bisque. We chose them over other establishments on LBI for their location, value, availability of a private room, and their delicious food! Jodi, the owner was a pleasure to work with and custom made a menu for our needs. We had an appetizer sampler, salad and four entrees that included the Prime Rib, Chicken Bella, Shrimp & Pasta, and Vegetable Pasta. Our guests raved about the food and the groom said the Prime Rib was one of the best he ever tasted. All the food was of highest quality, the portions were huge, and the cost was reasonable. The restaurant was both casual and elegant at the same time which made it a perfect setting for our special day. The staff was very professional and service very attentive. Bisque is BYOB which we prefer. Jodi even allowed us to drop off our wine and favors the night before and had everything set up for us. We would highly recommend Bisque for dinner for groups large or small.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere