“Horrible customer service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
You added Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
119 East 9th Street, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NYC
“Horrible customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

This must be the worst place to stay in LBI. The worst customer service ever! Such a rip off. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wayne, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Can I give minus 5 stars? Terrible experience in every aspect! The bad memories keep lingering after all these months. They charge an extra $100 per night for the ocean view. Don’t bother – you won’t get any ocean view. We paid $600 for 2 nights! I couldn’t even get a glimpse of the ocean – only the dirty parking lot. Just like someone said: overpriced and dingy. But most importantly- it’s an official robbery. The place was intentionally misrepresented and once they get your money- that’s it! Unless you enjoy paying lots of money for nothing do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stayed at an oceanfront room at this motel and were very disappointed. We paid over $250, and although the view of the ocean was beautiful and convenient, the room was disgusting. The shower was moldy, the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned, the bathroom ceiling was dripping, and the sheets had a blood stain on them. The only positive was the proximity to everything in town and the ocean.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

While the lobby was presentable and the room was clean, a medicinal and "cheap motel," chemical odor infiltrated the sleeping chamber and permeated all of our belongings. So bad, in fact, that upon our return home, all of our clothes required dry-cleaning, including my tie and backpack.

To be fair, however, I did not complain to the management about our room, and can not be sure that every room at the Drifting Sands Motel will cause chronic dry-eye and excessive blinking to all other occupants.

The towels were surprisingly fluffy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Drifting Sands is a perfect getaway to relax and take in all the amennities it has to offer. This is our second time here and already planning a longer stay next year. We have stayed in the ocean front rooms and this year stayed in the efficiency room, both by far very clean. Next year we may try there oceanview room. Staffing very polite and courteous and helpful! If your a beach goer and like the convience of walking out to the beach not walking blocks to get there. This is the place to be. Looking forward to 2010.

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

The less expensive rooms near the CVS are horrible. At $237.00 a night I would expect a room worth more then $29.00 a night. The first day the room was not made up until 4:00 and only after asking three times. There were no clean towels until after 4:00 as well. Both mornings I needed to buy coffee, a bagel and the paper at the 7/11 for an additional $12.00 because the lobby was not open until ???. But, the worst part of the stay was the attitude of the manager? Gary? (Dark hair and a unshaven dark colored chin and upper lip). He was by far the rudest individual, responsible for service, that I have ever encountered (I'm 64). and while I was not a very happy with the room service and lack of clean towels and I'm sure he knew it, It was his responsibility to defuse my discontent not speck to me with such disrespect. I would never stay at the Drifting Sands Motel again and I will tell everyone interested that they should not stay there either. And, I would hope that a copy of this review gets to the owner of the motel.
Dissatisfied customer,
Robert R. Smalley

Bethlehem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

This hotel is located right at the end of the causeway in Ship Bottom. It is close to everything! We found the hotel, clean, but would have liked to see the sweeper run a little bit more effeciently as there were many crumbs on floor upon check-in. The staff is very nice and helpful. It is located on the beach and for the person with a budget, there are rooms off the beach, but those are smaller and NOT renovated. They are clean, but we did prefer the renovated room which was bright and cheery! The pillows were not very comfortable, but they did suffice for our stay. I am picky when it comes to hotels and I would come back to Drifting Sands as long as I could book a OV or OF room!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!