“Clean.....walking distance to restraunts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Save Saved
You added Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
119 East 9th Street, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ship Bottom
Hellertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Clean.....walking distance to restraunts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while we were in town for a wedding, during off season. For a NJ Beach "Motel" it is clean, the rooms are nicely decorated and the staff seems nice. We had an ocean view corner room on the 3rd floor which had a beautiful view. When out on the balcony you were practically on the beach. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mills River, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just completed a 5 day stay there during a snow storm and very low temperatures. This hotel is not built for this. The baseboard heating is very outdated and stopped working multiple times. The first morning we woke up it 46 degrees in our room. Even when the baseboard heaters work it is very difficult to control the temperature in the room.They did supply space heaters. My son had a room next door had the same base heater failure and then blew a fuse. The people there are very nice but never offered any type of refund for our troubles. On the plus side the towels were new, the linen and bed comfortable and the place was clean. For $130 a night off season this was not a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Clean, quiet, safe, and the best ocean front view and beach I have seen in the NE. Ocean front rooms are a great price off season and I cant imagine how much fun summer is here. Tons of Restaurants close by and Ron Jons across the street. Reminds me of Canaveral National Sea Shore in Fla only 1,000 miles north! I drive out of my way in NJ to stay here. I am a Hampton guy but I will drive by one to stay here and see the ocean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at this motel off-season for a wedding this month. The motel was clean but a little outdated for furnishings and decoration - no flat screen tv, etc.

Location was great - right on the beach and you can walk to restaurants and stores. Right next to a CVS.

Since it was off season it was very quiet. I can imagine it's very lively, crowded and highly trafficked during the summer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter's High School Volleyball Team on an overnight trip. Pat the owner and Karen the manager could not have been more accommodating! We had a block of nine rooms in the oceanfront building and it could not have worked out better. Parking near the rooms, walk right out on to the beach. The children and adult chaperones both loved it! The fact that the motel provides a bagel breakfast each morning is a big plus. Location is excellent too. Walking distance to many restaurants and convenience stores, right on the beach and right at the end of the causeway. Rooms were clean and well maintained perfect for our needs as a group. Plan to go back with the family in the Summer and again with the team in the Fall.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Building is right on the beach but all buildings are very close as well. You can probably...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We returned to the Drifting Sands and once again was extremely happy with our accomodations. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was extremely helpful in making our mini-vacation enjoyable. It is quite evident that the owner "Pat" and his team are committed to serving their guests with the highest degree of respect and hospitality--there was even free bagels and coffee on Sunday morning!!!!

Go ahead - book a room - you will not regret it!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What more can I say about opening my eyes in the morning and seeing the ocean, in a clean comfortable room! I visited LBI this passed July with my family, this would be my first family vacation with my 9 month old son. The rooms were perfect! The size of the room was more than I imagined and perfect for our first vacation. Each morning I fed him on the balcony overlooking the beach. I also traveled with my extended family about 18 of us, including my sister and her 6 month old ( also there first vacation). We were all next to each other which was such a gift! To accommodate all of us coming from all different locations was a plus! Everything was close and the service was 5 stars! *****. We can't wait to go back and stay with our new friends at The Drifting Sands! Thank you for an AMAZING first family vacation! VC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!