“An Ocean View Room without the View” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
You added Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
119 East 9th Street, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Holmdel, New Jersey
“An Ocean View Room without the View”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

When I booked my reservation I was told, "...all we have left is an Ocean View Room..." Since we always like to see the ocean from our room I thought for $240 including tax it was worth it.

When I checked in I was shown a map of where our room was located. I told the desk clerk that I had booked an "Ocean View" room and the room she pointed to was nowhere near the ocean. She said the "name was deceptive” but that is what they call an ocean room view room and it was the only room they had left. TAKE IT or LEAVE IT!

When we got to the room we had a view of a Condo parking lot and a fish market. Not what we thought we had paid for when we reserved.

On the bright side the room was clean and spacious with a welcome coffeemaker.

The point is be sure you know what room you are getting and in my opinion the Drifting Sands should stop their deception

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

as far as motels go, it was very nice. very clean. very nice. a few steps to the beach and parking right in front of the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
elsinboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

stayed overnight for a wedding 2 weeks ago.very noisy rooms. toilet and shower from next door echoed through our room. by far nothing modern but the direct tv. room was very clean though. i would not stay here again due to the high room noise levels. by far not worth the money.

Room Tip: rooms were very noisy. i was in room 5. flower pots had no flowers but very large weeds..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Southeast PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently stayed at the Drifting Sands for one night while in LBI for a wedding. My husband and I stayed in an efficiency in a rear building on the third floor. To my surprise we could actually see the ocean from our balcony, between the main building and a house across the street! Not a full view...but the ocean nonetheless! I am happy to report our room did not have a "musty" smell...upon entering the room it had a scent of the seashore! The room was clean, the towels were thick and soft, and the beds were comfortable. No flatscreen tv, but we didnt need it. We could walk to the beach, Wawa, CVS, Ron Jons, and a cute little restaurant for breakfast. The front desk personnel were pleasant at check-in; and told us about free coffee and bagels in the office the following morning. The only problem with our room: it was not soundproof. The television and conversations next door were easily heard through the wall. But this would not stop me from staying here again. Remember...you can watch the sunrise over the ocean, then have a wonderful, refreshing walk on the beach! Priceless!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Not only is the view amazing from an ocean front room and just a short bike ride away from many wonderful restaurants, but this oceanside getaway has superior service. The office staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The rooms are fully equipped with every comfort and the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2011
Coopersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have been staying at the Drifting Sands for over five years . I am a businessman who loves to fish and I bring my customers to LBI for chartered fishing trips. I stay an average of 40 nights a year spring through fall at the Drifting Sands.The service , staff, security are top notch and make me feel like family. The rooms are well maintained and very clean. I would highly recommend the Drifting Sands to all.

Thanks,

Jay Simmons

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Bangor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We always enjoy our stay at the Drifting Sands. The location is fantastic, being right on the beach, and close by to everything. Our rooms are always immaculate. The front desk staff are always so helpful, and the coffee and bagels are a great perk. Beach badges are provided, and the sun coming up over the ocean every morning is spectacular. I would never even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ocean view- can never go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!