“Bad Acoustics” 2 of 5 stars

+1 609-494-8848
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Arlington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 35 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th street
Description: The Arlington is a new restaurant and bar open in Ship Bottom on LBI. With a new American menu focused on fresh and local ingredients and a beverage program focused on craft beer and cocktails, The Arlington is poised to be a premiere dining establishment on LBI open for lunch and dinner year-round.
New Jersey, USA
“Bad Acoustics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the second time I have been to The Arlington. The first time we sat in the small room behind where the bar used to be when it was the Bayberry (go to the room to the left when you enter the restaurant and then to the right). Not many tables in these two rooms, but we had a hard time speaking to one another because of the acoustics.

This time we sat in the main dining room, by the front window. Same problem with the acoustics.
The walls in the main dining room are bricked. This does not help absorb the sound. We spent a number of years attending the New Year's Eve dinners at the Bayberry and even when the band was loudly playing, we were still able to have a conversation at the table without any difficulties.

On both visits I had the Viking Village Scallops, which were excellent. However, their pricing is a little high. For four scallops, it was $30. The dish is nicely plated and served on a large plate. This time the scallops were served on a parsnip puree with brussel sprouts and cremeni mushrooms. My husband had the Ribeye ($29) but there was a lot of fat and gristle. The Wahoo my daughter had was ok.

Due to the loudness and bad acoustics, we will not be returning to The Arlington. I prefer to go to a restaurant where I do not have to shout to my dining party in order for them to hear me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Great Beer, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was excited to get to The Arlington for the craft beer that they have available. That part of our visit didn't disappoint. They had a great and varied selection of high-quality craft beers.

The food and price was where the letdown came in. The food is very overpriced for what you get. The food isn't bad by any means, but it definitely wasn't remarkable or even memorable-- and certainly not worthy of the prices that they charge.

I very much enjoy a $150 dinner when I walk away feeling like I got a $150 experience. With The Arlington, unfortunately, I felt like I got a $50 experience for my $150.

I'll certainly be back for the beer, but that will be my last dinner there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Didn't live up to the advertising”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice attempt in re-doing the Bayberry. Still smells damp and wet. Went with my wife 1:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday in August. Bar only had 3 other couples sitting at it. Bartender appeared to be uninterested and almost bothered that we were there. A man was behind the bar setting up a new hand pump beer and samples were offered to other couples but not us. We split a double cheese burger for around $13.00 and it was small and thin, cheese was almost off the burger and processed with a few and and I mean a few burnt, bottom of the fry basket French fries.
The most upsetting thing occurred as we finished our beer to leave... The couple to our left got a second beer. After a few sips the gentleman noticed a chip out of the glass. He called it to the bartender attention who replaced the beer for him. The bartender took the glass back by the taps and looked at it. Set it down, and walked back to it a few minutes later and picked it up and drank out of it!!!!!! We were appalled!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“good but far from great experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Food & service was very good but the music was pounding upon being seated to the extent that we couldn't hear our friends next to us talk. To their credit, when we complained, they lowered it. The atmosphere and ambiance wasn't that great- kind of nondescript, no interesting decorations. They served martinis in a tiny champagne glass- very inappropriate but we didn't complain since we recommended the place and were with friends and embarrassed to say anything.
But the food was good- paellla & steaks were very tasty and our server was a real gentleman- very attentive, knew the menu and quickly got an answer on the one menu question we had which he didn't know.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach Island, NJ
“bye bye Bayberry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Welcome The Arlington to LBI in the site of the old Bayberry Inn. Nicely remodeled and a fresh new restaurant. Modest menu but well prepared food. Awesome beer selection!

Visited August 2013