“Ripped off by the Admiral.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Admiral Motel
You added Admiral Motel to your Saves list
102 East 16th Street, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Stratford, Connecticut
“Ripped off by the Admiral.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2003

My wife and I took a weekend trip to LBI in August. I had made reservations at the Admiral Hotel weeks before. When I spoke to them on the phone, they quoted me a price of $95.00 for the least expensive room. They took a deposit of $130.00. I figured this was a percentage of the two nights ($180.00) After a nightmarish trip down the Garden State Parkway that took over 7 hours (weekend & rush hour traffic)). We finally arrived. We checked in and I was told there was $150.00 due. I told him I had already paid for the bulk of it. He said that was only for one night. My wife took a rate card and it said that the room we were getting was only $95. He claimed that this price only applied to guests staying 4 or more nights. There was no mention of this on the rate card nor was I told this on the phone. Unable to find another motel or to turn around and go home, we had no other choice but to take the room. At 11:30 pm, the room above us had their children crashing around making all sorts of racket. I called the front desk and he said he'd phone them. 20 minutes later, the noise was still going on. I called again and the manager told me to go up and tell them to quiet down. I informed him that I was a paying customer and it wasn't my responsibility. He then snapped at me (quote): "What do you want me to do? Police the whole motel?! If you want, I'll give you your money back and you can stay somewhere else!" This was a real nice attitude to someone who paid nearly $100 over the posted rate. In addition to the noise, the AC didn't work, the shower sprayed all over the bathroom and there was a moldy smell throughout. In short, if this place billed itself as a fleabag motel and charged under $95.00 a night, it would have been fine.

1 review from our community

Been to Admiral Motel? Share your experiences!