“Can I rate it 7 stars out of 5?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
The Islander Motel
You added The Islander Motel to your Saves list
1202 Central Avenue, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Bronx, New York
“Can I rate it 7 stars out of 5?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is our second stay at Islander and my second review. We stayed here 3 years ago and loved it but now I cannot find the right words to describe what Joe did with the place. Completely renovated, everything is new, beautiful and spotless. The beds are very comfy, they have a big flat Tv, a nice size fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom is very nice and spotless. There is also an outside shower and a playground area. Free wifi. And the silence! We are from the Bronx (which will never get an award for the quietest place in the world) and last night my husband said oh my God is so quiet here, Im getting scared :). Good value and great location, coming to LBI and not considering this motel would be a sin! It's exactly what you need to make your vacation perfect. Thanks Joe and Anne, you are the best and possibly the nicest people we ever met.

Room Tip: Don't even bother to choose a certain room. They are all amazing. Get the first floor if you don...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Darker curtains!!! The lights outside the room were so bright, hard to fall asleep. Other then that... GREAT PRICE, GREAT LOCATION AND WONDERFUL OWNERS!! I found a review of the hotel on google and I called and they were just as lovely as they said. We called to stay again but they were full and no wonder, they are so awesome!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very Clean Rooms and Close Walk to The Beach!! The owners are wonderful!! The Islander Motel is extremely family friendly and very economical for this beautiful and convenient location!!!
Well done....we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Only advice is to make sure you don't get a room that has a connecting room door....the air gap...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Rooms are very clean, large kitchen area with a full size refrigerator. Nice outside area to grill or just use table and chairs for take out. Owner is so friendly and helpful, makes you feel like family. Great location, quieter than being on the Boulevard. Easy walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The owner Joe was fantastic! He may just be the nicest caring motel owner ive ever came across! He runs a very clean and well run motel! Rooms are spotless with comfy beds and great room with 2 living room chairs a big kitchen table and clean kitchen with deep sink and full size fridge. Nice updated furniture as well! A block and a half from the beach! This is my third visit to LBI and I'll never stay elsewhere again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

60's style motel but restored to perfection. I've stayed her many years ago but the new owner Joe has completely redone the place. The rooms are beautiful and excellently maintained. The cleaning staff is unbelievable. I always stay at nice hotels, a real germaphobe, this is the best I've seen. Seriously this place is fabulous. Now it's 60's style so it's a classic. You're not getting a coffee bar and a concierge and free crappy breakfast. Think of it as an old classic car completely restored. The owner Joe loves this place and takes care of it like you would a 64 Mustang. An absolute home run walking distance from anything you need. I highly recommend The Islander !

Stayed June 2014
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I are very discerning travelers that rely on tripadvisor for accurate reviews of lodging. It is highly rated for good reason. The Islander is terrific! Everything has been renovated since hurricane Sandy and it shows. We had a beautiful first floor room with a full size fridge, burners, and microwave. Everything seemed brand new. The bathroom was cute, I can't believe I'm saying that about a motel bathroom but the Islander is a cut above! I can't say enough about the manager, he was extremely friendly and we truly felt warmly welcomed and valued as his guests. It's about a block and a half from the beach, and a great made-to-order donut shop lies right behind the motel which we highly recommend as well.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to The Islander Motel? Share your experiences!