“If you don't know where to stay in LBI, this is the place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
The Islander Motel
You added The Islander Motel to your Saves list
1202 Central Avenue, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Sayreville, New Jersey
“If you don't know where to stay in LBI, this is the place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was planning a last minute vacation to LBI for my wife and I and having never been there before I called around and found a handful of hotels that had availability. The Islander was one of them and it was one of the most reasonably priced places. I looked at review and pictures online and on their website and one common sentiment was how clean the place was and how nice the owner Joe is. He is truly a people's person. There wasn't one thing about my 4 day stay there that I can complain about. The owners were very helpful about suggesting places to visit and good restaurants. We will be back to the island in the future and will stay at the Islander. I am glad the reviews I read convinced me to stay at the Islander and I would recommend you stay there too!

Room Tip: First floor rooms have new bathrooms. Second floor rooms have everything updated except the bathroo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oceanport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at the Islander Motel for two days and was completely satisfied. The rooms were clean and the owner was so helpful and accomodative to our needs. I would recommend this place to anyone. The pricing was very fair and the location was great! Just two blocks from the Causeway and two blocks to the ocean! Can't beat it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Perfect location and the kindest most wonderful owner you could ever hope to deal with! Great value, rooms are clean and are in the process of all being updated. Quaint deck to sit and watch the sunset. Walking distance to the beach and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I decided to take my Mom..Son and his girlfriend Emily to the beach for a few days. We wound up booking a motel called..The Islander Motel. This was after networking on Craigslist for two hours. I got hooked up with this great guy..Joe..and his wife Anne. Let me tell you..if you want to feel at home..and have super clean..awesome rooms and people like Joe and Anne..STAY here! Perfectly accommodating and what great people! Totally affordable. Now that I have stayed here..wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Littleton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

WOW, where to start ? We can only hope that many others will have the chance to experience the complete satisfaction and pleasure my wife and I have for the past 3 years at Joe and Anne Clarke's "The Islander Motel" in Ship Bottom. We didn't travel 321 miles to L.B.I. to make a new friend, but you can't help but feel that you have after meeting the owner Joe. Be sure to ask him your questions and he will offer you any and all advice, recommendations, and tips for a better vacation on this beautifully eclectic 18 mile long island. Joe cares about his guests, and will do anything in his power to help you enjoy your stay. Over our 3 trips, we have gotten to know our way around, but on our 1st visit, Joe's knowledge of the island was invaluable. Now we ask for new updates.

We were very happy with the Islander for our 1st 2 years. Yes, it was of an "older" vintage, but it was spotlessly clean, and had everything we would have expected. Then came hurricane Sandy in late Oct. 2012. The Islander lost everything on the ground floor, and unlike most, lost the contents of the 2nd floor when the roof blew off. Fast forward 10 difficult, demanding and stressful months for everyone on L.B.I., and WOW.....Joe and his wife Anne, have poured their hearts and souls into rebuilding their motel. EVERYTHING is brand new. We especially liked the new addition of an overhead fan. Beautiful new bathroom, large flat screen TV, tasteful and functional furniture, a very comfortable bed with colorful linens, coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator, effective programable AC, a nice BBQ area with a great little basketball court, free beach passes, very good free WIFI, and free ice.

The Islander's location has been perfect for us. It's almost exactly in the middle of L.B.I., and so an equal distance to visit either end. (both very worth seeing) It's a block away from the main drag, so it's really pretty quiet. It is a block and a half from the ocean beach, and there is a traffic light to help with crossing the street. A very easy walking distance. "Shore Good Donuts" is one block away for a take out AM snack, and a WAWA is two blocks away for taking out just about everything.

L.B.I. is a great island with plenty to offer everyone, and of every age. Lot's of quality restaurants, plenty of fun places for kids, and great for walking and bike rides. Beautiful sunrise and sunset views. My wife and I highly recommend coming to L.B.I, and staying at Joe & Anne's Islander Motel. We think the Islander Motel is VERY reasonably priced, and so an exceptional value for all of the reasons above, and for too many more to list. We will always look forward to our next trip to L.B.I. and to stay at Joe and Anne's wonderful new Islander Motel.
Lance & Margie, Massachusetts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wharton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I have been going to The Islander for years. Joe and Ann, the owners, are warm and welcoming and will bend over backwards to ensure their patrons are happy. They just renovated after hurricane Sandy and did a beautiful job with the fixtures and decor. The bathrooms and kitchens are perhaps the most improved and probably should have been cause for much higher rates. They hardly increased their rates, which are the most reasonable I have encountered on the island. Rooms are large with a TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. There is a bbq area with basketball and play area for kids. The second-floor deck has lounge chairs, a table and umbrella. The location is perfect; close to the causeway but still quiet. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else. Selfishly I hope it doesn't become too popular because I would hate to compete for a room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a great experience at the Islander. The owner/operator was very friendly and accomodating, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The room had a mini fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker, which all came in very handy. We will definitely be staying here during our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Windward at the Beach
Windward at the Beach
#3 of 10 in Beach Haven
4.5 of 5 stars 51 reviews

Been to The Islander Motel? Share your experiences!