“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
The Islander Motel
1202 Central Avenue, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Ship Bottom
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

First let me start by say that I have never been compelled to write a review in the past. I was only in LBI for a few days, but the motel was very well kept and it was a close to the beach. What really had me take the time to write this was the hospitality that was provided by Joe the inn keeper. I planned the trip last minute and Joe help me in a variety of ways over the time that my daughter and I were in LBI. He helped me find another place to stay when his motel was full, and continued to allow me to use a number of the motels accommodation when I was staying elsewhere. If you are looking for a great trip down the shore for your family at a great price with a personal touch that is lacking in most places these days this is the place for you! I will be returning again in the future. THANK YOU JOE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Souderton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is the second year my family has stayed at the islander. We arrived early and were given our beach tags at 830am so we could wait on the beach till our room was ready. The owner was very nice and goes out of his way to help with whatever you may need or want. The room sizes were great and the having the efficiency with the kitchen was a blessing with 2 small kids.
We took advantage of the outdoor areas,play area and dining tables up on the terrace, for many of our take out meals.
Location is great! Ship bottom is our favorite place on the island to stay because its rite in the middle of everything but without the massive crowds, like beach haven. Crossing the blvd wasnt a problem for us at all. I think having my 2 and 4 yr olds made people feel sorry for us and they stopped and let us across every time! The beach was great and not too crowded.
We cant wait to go back to the islander next year and for many more years to come!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are great! I have stayed both up and down stairs and had no problems with either room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Big rooms, great shower. Refrigerator, microwave, two beach badges... big plus. Not a bad walk to the beach, crossing the Blvd was only tough on Saturday (had to walk one extra block to the traffic light). Ship Bottom is our favorite place to stay on the Island.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when we go to LBI (Ship Bottom), Joe the Manager is a very nice guy, easy to talk to. Rooms are good size, clean, very accommodating, some rooms are efficiencies so it's great for a long stay. I have had to stay at other hotels when I could not get a room there and I can tell you I have been disappointed everytime. I actually shouldn't be writing such a complimentary review because now i'll never get a room. There was another great place, The Sandpiper, right near the Islander but it got sold and the developer tore it down and put up four houses. I hope the Islander never gets sold that would be a shame.

Room Tip: Depends are your likes and dislikes, they have efficiencies and the ones that are not efficencies st...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was my first vacation to LBI & it was a last minute one. Fortunately for me, The Islander had a cancellation for the night we wanted to stay at the beach. I was somewhat concerned about what a "beach motel" might be like, but was very happy with the accomodations here. The rooms were clean - no mold in the bathrooms or strange clumps of hair. Towels were soft & stain free. Overall decor was inexpensive but not outdated. The owner was quite possibly the nicest person I've ever encountered. The window a/c unit was noisy (to be expected) but kept the room cool. The noise didn't bother us since we sleep with a white noise machine anyways, but beware if you are sensitive to noise. Having a fridge in the room was convenient allowing us to bring our own bottled water/milk & breakfast for the family. The hotel was quiet in general and other hotel guests that we encountered were friendly. Easy walk to the beach. You do have to cross the boulevard but there is a traffic light one block to either the north or south making it safer to cross. The beach we walked to in Ship Bottom was much quieter than the beach we drove to in Beach Haven. If you want luxury accomodations, then pay the extra for a B&B. If you want a value hotel that provides all the basic necessities, I highly recommend the Islander and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I admit - I was slightly worried about what to expect from a beach motel. But we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are big, very clean, with all amenities that you need. The owner is very friendly - you instantly feel safe and welcome once you arrive.

It's easy to get to once on the island, plus 2 blocks from the beach, and within walking distance to many different restaurants.

Would definitely stay here again when visiting LBI.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Matamoras, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

A very clean, small motel with a friendly owner. Perfect! If you're looking for a pool or fitness room, this isn't for you. But if you're looking for a great value, consider this motel. We had absolutely no problems and were very pleased.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Islander Motel? Share your experiences!