“Very Hospitable and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Hawaii
“Very Hospitable and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

This was our 1st time to New York. We were here for our honeymoon, and we stayed for 7 nights. The staff was so nice and accomodating. The room was clean, big and modern! They had a complimentary shuttle that could drop off and pick you up within 5 miles of the hotel. We used the shuttle a lot to eat dinner at nearby restaurants. The driver recommended Bone Fish Grill and we loved it! We ate there twice during our stay. Eat the Bang bang shrimp, its to die for! The hotel also has continental breakfast which we took advantage of the first couple of days.
Even if it was our 1st time to NYC getting around was soo easy! There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel which takes you straight into Times Square within 15 minutes, and we either walked or took the Subway within the city. Some nights we got back after 12am and it was so safe because they drop you off right in front of the hotel.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you don't wanna pay the high hotel rates in the city! If we come back to NYC we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I stayed at Hyatt Place with my boyfriend for 4 nights, and I have no complaints.
The hotel is a smaller boutique style hotel which is a nice change. Staff were super friendly and accommodating when we needed maps and other information. We also asked to switch rooms when they gave us a room with 2 double beds because all the king beds were in rooms by the elevator. When I told them we'd prefer that, they had no issues switching our rooms, quick & painless. The room was great, had a sink and fridge and everything! The only thing that could have been better was to have a bigger tub, but that's such a minor point it made little difference to us. We had free wi-fi and free parking (huge bonus), and coffee / toast is free in the morning.
The bus to Port Authority in New York is regular and the bus stop right outside the door couldn't be more convenient! For food, we went to Cheeseburger paradise which had good burgers, but we prefer smaller local restaurants and actually got pizza from a place we found 3 minutes away (by car) called Plaza Pizza in a plaza across La Mia Cucina on Paterson Plank Drive - better pizza than the famous Lombardi's in Manhattan (get the plain cheese - it's to die for!!).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Very good hotel. Conviniently located in the Meadowlands Complex, with shops, theater, restaurants and everything you need to spend a good few days. Easy access to NYC on the 320 bus that stops right in front of the hotel´s door. Runs from 5am until 1am.

Room is fully equipped, there is complimentary wi-fi, lots of hotwater in the shower, good quantity of towels, nice amenities like soap, shampoo, etc.. Hair blower, iron, iron board, etc...

Free continental breakfast. Convention Center just 1 min away by walking.

Avoid rooms close to the elevator, because the up and down rolling of the machine will be distantly heard in your room all the time. There are 2 computers in the Business Center with free internet and a printer for you to print anything you want.

Made my reservation through Priceline and was treated like a very valuable guest. Check in was a breeze and i had called several days in advance to request my bed type, which was honored without hassle. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

For late night clubbers in NYC, you can take the 190 bus in PABT and hop off at the second bus stop in NJ and just walk back to get to the hotel through the complex. This bus runs late at nights and is a transportation option if you want to stay later in NYC or couldn´t catch the 320 bus at 1am.

If you need any more info message me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights as I was attending nearby concerts at the soon to be demolished Giants Stadium.

I have to say from the outset that I won this hotel on priceline for a rate of $58 a night, it was the hotel that I was hoping for within the defined area. The rate on the hotel website for the same period was $161 a night.

We found the hotel easily enough with the GPS, took around 20-25 mins from Newark airport. There is a small amount of spaces just outside the hotel but plenty more at the adjoining garage which is linked to the hotel.

Giants stadium and surrounding complex is around 5-10 minutes away really easy to get to. We went to Manhattan twice using the bus stop only yards from the hotel, cheap and reliable took 20 minutes on both occasions, quicker coming back.

Breakfast is cereals, juices, hot drinks, hot toast, muffins etc which is included and is fine, there is also fruit which we took up to our room and stored in fridge. Rooms are big with huge tv, and all the usual facilities including free wifi through the hotel.

The staff were always civil but we never really had that much dealings with them. I did ask the night of our first concert if there was a shuttle running and they said no, later in the week I saw a poster in the lobby with details of the shuttle! Disappointing and cost me $25 to park at the stadium and I would have used the shuttle.

Cant really say anything bad about the place, of course I am basing my thoughts on paying a great price, something to bear in mind. If visiting just for Manhattan I would stay in the city but this was great for our purposes and exploring New Jersey down to the shore.

• Stayed October 2009
Meridian, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

This is a nice place to stay for business purposes. The rooms have modern, upscale decor. If you are looking for access to Manhattan without the high price, this is it. There is a bus stop near the property that will give you easy access to New York public transportation options. It is on the edge of a clean shopping center that is pretty nice. There are several restaurants and a movie theater nearby. The room had a large HD TV with a patch panel that allows connecting just about any type of electronic device. A large sectional sofa in the room was nice as well. The one gripe I have is that the hotel's site implies that there is 24 hour room service available from the kitchen. This is not true. The only thing available to eat late at night are pre-made salads and sandwiches for sale in the lobby. I think I paid over 10 bucks for a lack-luster, airport type, "pseudo gourmet "sandwich one night that I was too tired to go out.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Family trip to NYC this summer for a few days. Opted to take the bus in from Washington DC to NYC and then the NJ transit bus (gate 231, bus 320) from Port Authority to the hotel. The staff at the Hyatt was extremely nice and helpful. We had a party of 8 with two rooms. The front desk gave us rooms next to each other, by the elevators. Not my first choice to be by the elevators, but very convenient and remarkably quite. The rooms were spacious - nice living area with queen pull out sofa, a desk and bar area with second sink - the beds were doubles, very comfortable mattress and pillows. We called the front desk for additional towels one night, and they were brought up within minutes - no long waits. The hotel offers a nice breakfast in the morning, with bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit - enough to hold you over for a few hours. There were a couple of "bus" tours while we were there, and although the line to get to the toaster was long, the bar was constantly replenished, the trash was cleared, and more tables were made available. They have a free "van" service which we reserved to take us to the light rail on two occassions in the mornings, and the driver was always there waiting on us. There is a bus stop to NYC at the front door which runs all day to Port Authority - it costs 3.15 each way, very comfortable and, with no traffic, about 10-15 minutes. The hotel also has two computers with free internet access - we used at night and early in the morning with no problems. The Grand Hyatt downtown charged us .50 cents per minute to log in one afternoon - this was after one of the staff called them to let them know we were coming. We did not use the fitness center. My cousin had wanted to move to NYC for her last two days, but opted to stay after the hotel made her feel at home. The staff is very friendly. They helped with getting in and around NYC. Great tip to get to the Satue of Liberty from the NJ side -( ligh rail to Liberty Park , then bus shuttle to ferry) no lines to the ferry the day we went - NYC side had a two hour wait for the ferry and another one hour wait to get the tickets. Saved us a morning. Overall, highly recommend. Check the Hyatt website for special rates.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt the weekend of June 27. My boyfriend wanted to take me into the city for my birthday, but we didn't want to stay in the city. Our time was limited, we had a funeral to attend. We had no trouble finding the hotel, but we did have some difficulty finding the right parking deck. I called the hotel and they told me right where we needed to go. Check-in was a breeze, no hassles and the people at the desk were extremely friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcomed. They gave us a map of the area (the hotel is located wihing a huge complex of other hotels, restaurants, stores, etc.) and a schedule for the NJ Transit bus that stops outside the hotel and goes back and forth into Manhattan.

We had a King room on the 2nd floor. It was huge! There was a living room area with a large sofa and chair, a kitchen area with a sink, coffee maker and small refridgerator. There was also a desk and chair. The room was immaculate. This is a huge thing for me, the cleanliness of a room, and believe me, I check. It was absolutely spotless,which allowed me to relax and really enjoy the stay. There was very little noise from other rooms, except from across the hall when the people there were going in and out of their room a hundred times and slamming the door. Other than that, it was very quiet. The bus over to the city was a little late, but traffic was heavy going into Manhattan on a Saturday night. We had no problems at all getting into the city or back, and it was great to be dropped off right at the door of the hotel. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, which is complimentary, but we found a Houlihan's just a few blocks away and had a really great lunch there. Excellent food and service. I have been to Secaucus many times, have family living down there, and I was a little concerned about getting a hotel in that area, but this hotel surprised me. We are staying again in October when we go to several Bruce Springsteen shows. I had a really great experience at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands? Share your experiences!