“Great deal.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion

You added Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion to your Saves list
Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great deal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This highrise hotel 20 minutes by x bus to 42nd Street is a great deal. It is inexpensice. The staff is nice and coopetrative. Large rooms and large lobby. The hotel does not appear to have been renovated in my opinion in some time. We have stayed there on many occassions. We cannot beat the price for it's location near NYC. Very clean rooms with good maid service.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bernie M, General Manager at Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear HarveyAs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our property so much, that you continue to stay with us again and again! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Bernie Mendoza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Brunswick, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in the area for business and the hotel is situated across the street from where I needed to be for four days worth of training so the proximity made it attractive. Out of 12 students in the class I was the only one staying at this hotel and having now stayed there I know why. The hotel is in need of much attention, I don't know who owns the property but I doubt they would want their family to stay there. Thankfully the room I am in is clean, for the most part, but the fixtures are old and the furniture is mix and match. Unless you have a car outside dining choices are lacking and the hotel restaurant/bar was a very lonely place. I only ate there once and it was kind of depressing. When you arrive the front desk is right there but I think they must have had the lights off because it seemed sort of dark. The person who checked me in was not rude but not welcoming and friendly. This may have been a nice place to stay back in it's prime but that time has since passed. Also, the parking garage is mostly closed down, there is a giant hole on the top level where it recently collapsed.

Room Tip: When you arrive immediately check everything to make sure it is clean - especially the bed and sheet...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Bernie M, General Manager at Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will definitely address the front desk service with our front desk team. I will also address the restaurant with our restaurant team. Any ideas on how to make it more appealing to fellow travelers like yourself would be greatly appreciated. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you're in the area.

Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We accidentally booked a room from online that had one king-size bed and lingering smoke, but Grace gave us a room that had 2 beds, no smoke, and a great view of a river. She was really helpful and helped clear a lot of confusion. Great service! They have breakfast in the lobby and a swimming pool (but it's outside). They also have a refrigerator in our room. That was really helpful for us.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Txiao015,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're glad to hear that Grace was able to assist you in getting a room that you needed and that, in turn, helped you enjoy your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you're in the area!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent hotel, very easy ascces from every where, buses running all the time and very professional staff. the bussines room good condition and affordable, the paperson in charge always try to help to the guess.I come back

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Orlando,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're glad our location and staff help make your stays enjoyable. zwe,look forward to your next stay with us!

Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great place to stay. Stayed there for a weekend and they were great! Being close to NYC made it better because we were so close yet did not have to pay so much! Great staff is definitely a plus! Also close to the movies, restaurants, a mall and the stadium!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Bernie M, General Manager at Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff helped make that especially so. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you're in the area!

Red Bank, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room smelled like smoke and our clothes smelled even more like smoke when we got home and unpacked our bags. We signed up for a room with two double beds and were given a room with one king size bed. No big deal mistakes happen but the room they gave us smelled like smoke.
I had to go out for a few hours that evening & I noticed there were no parking spaces available. The clerk told me the event they were hosting would be over by my return & spots would be available & if not I could use the "offsite parking" just a little over a mile away, along with complimentary 24 hour shuttle service. Needless to say the event had not cleared any additional parking spots, I went to the remote lot which lived up to its name by being a warehouse parking lot with little lighting. I called the front desk several times to ask for the shuttle only to be told "I have called him" My wife and I spent at least 20 minutes waiting for the shuttle to arrive in what I will call a barely lit warehouse parking lot.
The next day I called for the shuttle and they told me 10 minutes after 20 I called back to ask where he was he said he just left my pick up spot 5 minutes ago. I can tolerate mistakes, but I can't stand being lied to. When the shuttle did arrive a few minutes later the driver apologized for the mix up. But I the damage was done.
I have never written a bad review on Trip Advisor, but I had to after seeing anything positive about this place.

Room Tip: go someplace else.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. We understand how frustrating the parking situation is and we are working diligently to be sure guests are able to park safely on site. In regards to your room smelling of smoke, I will be sure to address this with our housekeeping staff to make sure that this does not happen for future guests. We hope you choose to give us another chance in the future to provide superior service than what you experienced during your most recent stay.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Honestly the best hotel in Seacaucus, always clean the staff is always professional, we are always welcomed with a smile. My favourite part of the hotel is that we always get a room with the view of NYC skyline which makes our stay extra special. The location is perfect as the bus is right across the street so you don't have to take your car!

Room Tip: Best views is the NYC view
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. We appreciate the kind words you have said about hotel. The location for both traveling into New York City, as well as seeing the skyline is what brings many of our guests back time and time again. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Bernie Mendoza

Been to Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion? Share your experiences!