“Nice Lobby semi deceiving.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion

You added Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion to your Saves list
Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Imperial, Missouri, United States
“Nice Lobby semi deceiving.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Looks like it was at one point a really upscale hotel. Our room looked a little outdated, peeling wallpaper and no hot water. Front desk over night was so great, morning person not so much. The beds were super comfortable. I feel like I overpaid for the shabby room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Grace at the frontdesk was very friendly and helpful with the check in, but the house keepers was a different story, I saw her in the hallway while she was on the phone and I asked her to give me another wash towel and she just gave me what ever that was in front of her, which I know that towel was dirty since I saw that towel was from the top of all the cleanings bottles and that towel was already open flat not folded at all.
The room is so cold since it was windy outside and a cool air still come from the closed windows. They need a lot of repairing to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Presque Isle, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived September 6,2014 for one night....i never had been to the area and reviewed multiple hotels before I decided on this one...it seemed very nice for the price...upon arriving had to park next door in a parking garage. We checked in and went to our room which had a great view. Decided to go look around and found the pool area which I didn't get to see much of because it was very loud and sketchy I felt very out of place...immediately went back inside. Decided to get a drink from the bar was ignored by multiple servers so went to sit in restaurant area. This place wasn't much better service was awful food was awful. The little Starbucks that was open next morning was patentic not many options at all...no wonder this place was so cheap.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel created the worst accommodation experience I have ever had. Their facilities experienced some difficulties in advance of our stay, yet we were not notified in advance regarding what to expect in any way. Many measures could have been made to compensate for the change in quality and service, yet no such action was taken. Parking was a nightmare. The room was FILTHY (brown stains on the sheets, destroyed seat with rusting staples sticking out in the shower, sink filled with grime). Our event which was slated to be held at the hotel was cancelled due to their lack of planning, yet we were still treated with contempt by the staff. NEVER STAY AT THIS OR ANY OTHER 'CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL' LOCATION.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived there on Thursday January 29, 2015 with my son for a video gaming competition. First thing I notice is that the parking garage was closed. The front desk tells me that it had partially caved in due to the blizzard. This was the storm that amounted to only 6 inches instead of the expected 2 feet.

In the morning my son is downstairs and I hear fire alarms. The fire department arrives and says we can't have the competition there due to structural damage to the common areas and multiple fire code violations. The competition has to be moved to another venue 30 miles away.

The hotel then fights us on not charging us for a second night even though it's their fault we had to leave. Never saw such incompetent, rude staff.

Stayed February 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Event was cancelled because Fire Marshall condemned convention hall. Hotel insisted we still had to pay for our rooms. Absurd! If you stay here you are a fool!!! This was the worst hotel experience ever! And the manager at the front desk was extremely rude and never once apologized for the situation.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Delmar, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I debated between a rating of 2 and 3, but rounded up. Not sure if that was the right choice.
Negatives: The rooms were dated and the bottom of the bathroom door was peeling. There were hairs in our sink when we arrived. The ice machine on our floor was broken. One of the two elevators was broken the first night, resulting in very long waits and crowded elevators. Our room safe was closed and locked, so we couldn't use it unless we contacted someone to open it (which we didn't bother to do). One of the lamps in our room had a broken switch, so it could only be turned on and off by plugging or unplugging it. The clock was unplugged and the plug was caught under the nightstand, so I had to move the nightstand to get the plug, twist my body into some kind of a pretzel to get it plugged in behind the bed, then figure out how to set the time. There were not enough electrical outlets anywhere accessible in the room. The parking was an uncomfortably cold walk down two flights of stairs and past the front of the hotel, with no interior walkway from the garage. I would not have felt comfortable walking in by myself at night (although the front stairs in the garage were lighted - the back ones were not). The shower head was barely high enough for me and I'm only 5'4". The heavier curtains on the window did not close, so there was ambient light coming into the room all night.
Positives: The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. The hot water from the tap heated up immediately - I loved that! The shower curtain was on a curved bar, keeping the curtain away from the person in the shower. There was a small refrigerator in the room. I appreciated the night light in the bathroom. My husband appreciated the free coffee in the morning. Cost was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion? Share your experiences!