“If your going to New York City, do not skip this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion

Save Saved
You added Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion to your Saves list
Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Florida
“If your going to New York City, do not skip this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For less than $100.00 per night, the view out of your window is the Passiac River, The Meadowlands, and Newark, New Jersey!

For a bit more, the view is looking at the New York City Skyline!

From this hotel it's an 18 minute bus ride to Port Authority in New York City on 42nd Street, for a mere $3.25 cents each way.

I was a bit confused on where to go to catch public Transportation, but employee Stephen Tasik went well out of his way to help me!

Room Tip: If your a tourist, pay the extra money for the Manhatten Skyline View!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would recommend this hotel to everyone who needs to visit nyc. The bus stop is conveniently across the street to take you to nyc. The staff (Justin was fantastic on the phone booking this for me) was awsome and the place was very clean. The parking was secure, we didn't have any problems with our cars location. We definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we had great time in that hotel.everyone specially Miss.Antonieta Sevillano was very helpful and kind with us.we were so impressed about the service we decided whenever we will go to NJ we will stay in the same hotel.

Room Tip: they are already doing good...just keep doing like that.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bernie M, General Manager at Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your visit to New York City, I will also pass along your kind word to Antonetta and the rest of our team.

Please contact me directly so that I can personally see to your future accommodation, rest assure that our entire team will continue to focus on providing memorable experiences.

Best Regards,

Bernie Mendoza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to vacation on a trip to New York. From South Carolina, not very used to being up north but the hotel staff was friendly. We stayed on the sixth floor, out of fourteen floors (and yes, this hotel DOES have a 13TH FLOOR!) and our room had A great view of New York City. Some downfalls were; The pool was kinda dirty, when we got there (it was August) and it was completely deserted, there was a Starbucks but the front desk managers had no idea when it would be opened because the Starbucks Was in a ''different department'' so basically the workers came in whenever they wanted for Starbucks. Other than that, great stay!

Stayed August 2014
Tracy, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's a nice place overlooking the river and the pool! It's really closer to NYC and learned that the place is famous for celebrities, shows and events! Prices were affordable with a big waiting area for visitors. Room were clean and nice. Stay here for three nights with my cousin. There's no question on the past few days but when I about to checked out on Saturday morning, it was horrible, the bath tub was full of black sands and was wondering where it came from, considering I'm in the 4th floor! I called the attention of housekeeping but nobody answer the call. So I tried to call the front desk officer and told me, she will sent a housekeeping personnel, but nobody came! Called again the front desk and told me to wait for they just arrived, but for almost three hours no housekeeping show up to clean the tub. I left the hotel when my cousin pick me up and left them a note telling my frustration for their services, and went to my Aunt place in Newark where I took a bath, before heading to Atlantic City and visited the Revel Casino my last stopped on my flight back home in California.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Freehold, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This property used to be known as the "Crown Plaza" and was very convenient to NYC, the Meadowlands complex for shows/concerts/sporting events. I stayed recently, two nights for a conference. I will never return for any reason.
Upon my arrival, Friday at 8 pm, three busloads of non-english speaking tourists arrived for check- in moments before my arrival. With only two employees at check in and significant language issues, this was not a great start.
Once I did get checked in, I waited for an elevator. Why? because the bus loads of people with all the luggage were monopolizing the only two elevators in the building. Strike ONE.
I was given a room on a high floor with a wonderful NYC city view. Sadly the view was ruined by old tape in a large cross shape on the outside of the glass. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very clean as well. Cheers to the room service staff and managers.
I was advised at check in of a breakfast buffet. I found out later in the evening, that I needed to purchase a ticket from the front desk. I waited again until the language issues were resolved with yet another bus load of folks, and purchased my $12. breakfast ticket,
Next day prior to the conference I headed to breakfast. WHAT A SURPRISE! The room used was full other than dirty tables that were not being cleaned by the staff, but by the customers. A rude man at the door took my ticket without as much of a "thank you" or "good morning". Breakfast was buffet style. You first grab your styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. Eggs, some sort of breakfast meat and a toaster for some breads ( line to use the toaster) was about all that was available. NO JUICE...machine broken !!!! some coffee and and tea but again, disposable cups. REALLY?! $12 for a breakfast that most fast food places would be embarrassed to sell. STRIKE 2!
After the first day of conference, I thought I would head to the pool. Exiting the lobby is a ramp and a set of stairs. DO NOT USE THE STAIRS! the first step is almost 18" drop. VERY UNSAFE! Use the ramp if you must. The pool area was clean but no towels for guests. A DJ started to set up for a party about 6 pm. His music was so loud I put my earplugs in for my own music, no help...still too loud...time to go back to the room.
After the breakfast issue, I ordered take out food from a local vendor, all good there.
The next morning I was heading for the conference room when I et a peer at the front desk.
She reported seeing an animal in the area of the conference room. The front desk was "calling someone" to check it out. After 15 minutes I walked down to see what I could find.
Sure enough, I FOUND A RACCOON that had dropped through the ceiling tiles of the conference room. With help from another peer, we trapped the animal in a restroom and waited for "someone" to come help. approx. 45 minutes later two employees took action and safely (yes, humanly) remove the animal and had guest services sanitize the rest room.
STRIKE 3! I AM OUT OF THERE!
Should you stay for a clean safe room and free parking, please note at the traffic light just outside the parking garage is a deli just across the street. They make great sandwiches (including breakfast!), are reasonably priced and it is very safe to walk. They are open 24/7 and also sell alcoholic beverages as well.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a high floor with a view of the NYC skyline.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and friends and I stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise trip. We were just looking for some place affordable and comfortable, the hotel seemed decent considering the lower price in comparison to other hotels located a short distance from Manhattan. My first stay there before I left for my trip was pleasant, however the guy with glasses at front desk was quite rude. We had requested to change to non-smoking rooms when discovering that we had mistakenly booked smoking rooms. He was hesitant to change the rooms stating that he was unable to make the switch, and later finally changed our rooms after we explained that our kids could not stay in those rooms with a thick scent of smoke. This hotel was great considering the low price, and we were thinking that we would definitely considering coming back to this hotel next time we were in visiting New York. However, after my second stay after my trip, both of the rooms that my friends and my family stayed in last week, were infested with bed bugs. All of us woke up with red spots lined up on our bodies. We scoured the beds and found multiple bugs in the bed sheets. We cleaned every corner of our luggages, clothing, bags, etc. because we were afraid of letting those critters into our home as soon as we got home.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Empire Meadowlands Hotel by Clarion? Share your experiences!