“Happy Holidays” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Keith, United Kingdom
“Happy Holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 1 week and from the start of our holiday to the end, the hotel staff were constantly professional, friendly and courteous . It was ideally situated to take the bus into Manhattan and we used public transport from Jfk to Penn station which was extremely easy. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and there were plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. Compared to the cost of hotels in Manhattan this offers fantastic value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I will certainly share your comments with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Thank you for the 5 star review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Andover, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I and my family stayed in this hotel during our recent visit to NYC. Rooms are clean and cozy. The stuff is very friendly and ultra knowledgeable about the city and surroundings.
The breakfast that is served every morning is delicious with plenty of options.

Bus stop is right across the street and it takes you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in about 20-25 minutes (depends on traffic).

The area feels pretty safe and has lots of restaurant and shops literally on the walking distance from the hotel.

The bottom line if you can afford the room in the city, that's great, way to go no questions about it. But if not, this is for sure wonderful a lot more affordable alternative.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I travel to this hotel frequently. I have never had such warmth and care from a hotel staff. Jennifer is always there with a smile and friendly accomodation. She truly makes my schedule a lot more bearable. Thank you Jennifer and the rest of the front desk crew, along with the breakfast ladies. You do a wonderful job. M J Lantier

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my fourth time staying at this hotel, that alone should speak volumes. It is close to Downtown Manhattan and offers a bus stop across the street along with a mall. The Hotel Manager and staff are top rate.

Room Tip: I always ask for rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at the Meadowlands River in on Dec 7, 2014. The location was great as a bus stop direct to the city was across the street. Not real fancy (and currently no name on the hotel), but I would stay again when traveling to NYC. If you are looking for reasonable priced hotel with a great location, I highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed there with my family, 6 adults for the Thanksgiving Weekend and the experience was superb. Front desk staff well knowledgeable and helpful special mentions to Cleve and Qenny (his real name slips me at present) there was also a young lady on front desk that my wife said was also very helpful. All maid staff greeted us with good mornings and good afternoons, our rooms were tidied to a decent level and were comfortable and the breakfast was suitable. Unfortunately, I have one gripe.....no signs on or to hotel...we are from the UK and struggled a bit to find it, but overall it did not spoil our experience.

Room Tip: 320 bus takes you into Manhattan Port Authority in less than 20 mins
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

It is a good thing that I had had two really good experiences staying in this area because given the past weekend's events, I might not return. First, the hotel is fine. I stayed there when it was a Hampton Inn. About two weeks before we arrived, we were informed that the hotel was no longer a Hampton but our reservations would be honored. There is no name on the hotel anywhere so if you go, pay attention to the address. Nothing in the hotel has changed other than the words "Hampton Inn" have been removed or covered. The friendly desk clerk informed us that the owner of the Hampton Inn franchise was in a dispute with Hilton and it may revert at some point to a Hampton again. The staff was the same, the bedding was the same, etc. Our room was spotless. I do have a couple minor complaints: the trim on our bathroom mirror had peeled off, the hallway carpets needed a vacuum and the same leaves were in the elevator during our entire stay. I love staying in this Secaucus hotel complex because of its easy access to NYC. Hop on the bus and your are at the Port Authority. We arrived at the bus stop at 5:20 PM planning on dinner before our 8 PM play. Dinner went by the wayside as traffic going into the Lincoln Tunnel was at a standstill. A 17 minute trip took 2 hours. We didn't get our dinner and were thankful we made the play on time since we had spent quite a bit on tickets. At the end of our evening in NYC, we easily hopped on the bus at the Port Authority. Unfortunately, a portion of the route was blocked due to construction and our driver didn't seem to know how to recover. His passengers are all tourists who have no idea where they are going. We are staying in a hotel with no name. The area all looks pretty much the same. Lots of confused passengers hopping off and back on and the driver had no clue. At one point he pulled into a Walmart parking lot and told a few passengers to climb over the parking lot guardrail because their hotel was "over there." I do recommend this area as an alternative to NYC prices but given my recent experience, allow plenty of time to get to your destination in NYC and pay attention to the location of your bus stop for the return trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on your stay.

I am very glad to hear that you decided to still come and stay at Meadowlands River Inn.It’s always a pleasure for us to cater our regular guests. It is regrettable that your stay with us had a few issues mostly outside of the hotel. There were road construction due to two new restaurants opening in the vicinity, that shouldn't have made the bus riders face any difficulty by the bus driver. I am very sorry you had to face that situation. Thank you for your comments and We hope to welcome you once again in the near future.

Sincerely ,

Been to Meadowlands River Inn? Share your experiences!