“My review was removed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Montreal, Canada
“My review was removed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I guess this hotel was trying to hide their dirty little secrets and removed my original review when I posted pics of their disgusting filfthy bath tub filled with crudy stains, mildews, rust, dust bunnies everywhere during my 3 night stay. The hair dryers and electrical oulet/light switch was covered with years of grouss harzardous stuff caked all over it. We even had to go to Wal-mart to by Lysol to clean the room ourselves since we couldn't leave since we booked this hotel thru a 3rd party and was already paid for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
my2centstoday,

I first off would like to apologize if you feel that the hotel removed your survey. We do not have the ability to do so. TripAdvisor reviews all comments and they have the ability to do so, not the establishment. I am sorry that you had a bad stay. Please note that issues like this are not normal at this inn. We strive to providing guests was great customer service and clean rooms. Sorry if we failed at that with you. If you would like to speak further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed between Xmas & New Year. Booked our trip late so struggled to get reasonably priced hotel in NYC. This was my 2nd visit to this hotel/motel, stated once before for few days during road trip. The price is so reasonable compared to the city. The staff were super helpful. Transport links to the city are regular & reliable. A bus stops right outside & takes about 20mins to Penn Station. Alternatively you can get a cab to the train station which takes about 10mins & another 10/15mins on the train. The rooms are basic but modern & clean which is all you really need when visiting NYC (your not in the hotel v.much at all!). All in all great alternative to staying in the city.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
gemmap 81,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovated modern hotel. We do try our best to stay reasonably priced, while still providing excellent customer service and very clean rooms. We hope that the next time you come into the area, you take a look at our NEW Premium Rooms which are still reasonably priced as well. Look forward to your next visit.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came in from the west on NJ 3. The highway splits just west of the Hackensack river and the motel is between the split lanes on the eastern bank of the river. There are on-off exits in both directions to NJ 3. NJ 3 is the road to the Lincoln Tunnel (under 5 miles to the toll booth).

There is traffic noise in the parking lot but it was not noticeable in the room. The lanes are elevated and probably 1/4 mile or more apart. The area around the motel seems isolated. There is a bus to Port Authority although I didn't use it. Secaucus Junction station on the NJ Transit rail line is 3 easy miles at 9 AM on a Friday. Parking is $22 and trains run to Penn Station constantly.

I was using the place while being a tourist in NYC so was only using the room to sleep and wash up. The room was a little on the small size. There were 2 queen size beds. 2 chests of drawers, one doubled as the flat screen table, and an armoire, there was no closet. Free Wi-Fi. My only complaint and it may be the opposite for you was that the shower/tub and toilet were in a separate room, as usual and the sink/mirror was in the main room. That's just me because I get up early and don't want to disturb people that are still sleeping. The room and property was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful with directions and such. Across the street is a very mini-mall with a Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's and some other places to eat. They do have other style rooms that may be bigger.

Bottom line, would I stay there again?
In a New York Minute!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill M,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were able to use the bus stop conveniently located close to hotel. As you mentioned, having the mini mall across the street is also convenient for guests like yourself that are here on a vacation. In regards to the noise, I am happy to hear that you didn't experience any of it inside your room. During your next trip, you should look into our Premium Double Room. Look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend whilst visiting NYC. Good transport links into the city & felt a safe area. Dunking Donuts across the road is always an advantage!. Only real disappointment was that the buses stopped pretty early from NYC so had to be on the last bus back at 11PM. Would recommend staying closer to Manhattan if you prefer the night life.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ian P,

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I completely understand about the disappoint of the bus coming back from NYC. On your next trip, you may want to look at the train schedules. They do run later. My staff will be more than happy to assist you with the schedules. Look forward to your next visit.
North Arlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Love our stay at Red Roof. The place is totally renovated. Nice modern and clean on the inside and out! Staff were pleasant! Flat screen TV... best part is only 20 min from new your city!! Safe location!

• Stayed May 2014
MissBoricua,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy that you were able to utilize the convenient bus stop that is located in front of the hotel. Since your stay we have converted to a Red Roof Plus + Hotel and hopefully you can take a look into our new Premium Rooms. You would enjoy the extra amenities we have to offer in your next stay.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My boyfriend & I booked a two night 3 day stay with Red Roof Inn because we were attending a family members wedding. While reviewing the reviews we were a little scared to book but the price and location was great, so we still decided to try it out. Upon our arrival we were greeted with a very friendly smile by the front desk and they were very helpful in telling us how to get to certain places that we needed to get to. Being that we are from Brooklyn we had no clue where anything was. When we arrived into our room it was very clean, updated and smelled very nice. The bed was comfy and everything was very cozy. Our stay @ the Red Roof Inn was very pleasant and if we ever need to be in the area again we will be returning. Its not easy to find a hotel with a good price, location , and great staff that makes you feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amella C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It brings me joy to hear that the you had a great stay and that the staff was very accommodating to you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our updated property. We look forward to your next visit. You should also take a look at our new Premium Rooms.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Inn was super clean and had upgraded amenities. The bed is comfortable (clean sheets and pillows) and the bathrooms were very well maintained. The staff was polite and courteous. Had a great time in the area :) !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
JSan_0,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you appreciated our upgraded beds. The maintenance staff does do a great job at keeping the rooms updated and in functioning order. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Thank You.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands? Share your experiences!