“Very Nice Hotel, Needs a shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Vernon, New Jersey
“Very Nice Hotel, Needs a shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stay at Hilton properties often as we use Hilton Honors points for our stays. We stayed here on Thanksgiving night after visiting with family nearby and went to NYC the next day. The hotel is easily accessible and close to the ferries to NYC. The hotel room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and well informed. The breakfast we had the next day was served quickly and was delicious. The drive to the ferries is not far but dealing with the congestion was tough. If the hotel had shuttle service to the ferries our stay would have been perfect. If you are not going to NYC via the ferries I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is a busy hotel, get a room as far away from the elevator as you can
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear NickG42569:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

In reference to a shuttle to the ferry, as you mentioned it does get congested and it would become very difficult to keep a shuttle on any kind of schedule. A large number of our guests that are going to New York City will leave their car parked at the hotel and use the New Jersey Transit bus system. Our front desk can provide you with information on the buses the next time you stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Hotel overall was very nice, including the staff, breakfast and rooms; however we were very disappointed with the accessibility to the buses. The bus stop is quiet far from the hotel and the area does not seem safe, specially at night. We were traveling with our daughter and were really worried about our safety, not only regarding any assault, but also crossing the street because there is heavy traffic and there is not enough illumination in the area. We ended up paying parking in New York so we would feel safer. We would recommend a shuttle bus to New York or other options. Accessibility to transportation is very important and unfortunately, I don't think I would stay again or recommend the hotel if going to NY, only if you have a car and are staying in the New Jersey area.

Dear Jose F:

I would like to thank you for posting a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I hope you will accept my apologies for the issue you described. I can assure you that in the number of years that the bus stop at the location closest to the hotel has been there, we know of no incidents of any kind to tourists, team members or local residents. The bus stop itself is less than 1/4 of a mile from the hotel and a number of our guests do use the New Jersey Transit bus system to go into New York City.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
FT Lauderdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I would recommend staying at this hotel. Greatly located in Secaucus. Clean rooms, friendly staff. great experience over all. Highly satisfied customer here. And I will definately return to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul R:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn here in Secaucus. I will be sure to share your comments with our team so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

Temple Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I first want to say cleaniness and customer service is very important when I visit any establishment. While this place was pleasantly clean, the customer service was not so good. There was a mix up with the rooms upon arrival as I requested a handicap assessible room for my handicap husband. They were able to fix it. The next morning I was told that I would have to move toanother room because the room I was in was reserved already for - ok, these were the exact words used- " the room has already been reserved for someone who is REALLY handicap." My first thought was - what the heck does that mean? Is my husband not handicap enough? I expressed my dissapointed to the lady who said this to me. She apologized..but somehow it didnt feel sincere. I tried to get past it all. I was able to keep the handicap room for another night after worrying all day if my bags would be moved to another room while we were out. Anyways breakfast was expensive for a family of 4. I really think this should be included in the price with the room or provide complimentary breakfast for those who just want a little to eat. I felt like I was being watched as I was eating breakfast to make sire we paid. Also as I paid I began to get a few miniature donuts from the bar and 2 workers asked me if I had paid for breakfast. So I had to explain that I'd already paid. All and all..a very unconfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2013
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Drlurk:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn here in Secaucus after your recent stay with us. I hope you will accept my apologies for any confusion there was on the reservation. I took the liberty of looking at your reservations and found that you had one to arrive on November 22 and a second to arrive on November 23. Unfortunately the reservation agent you spoke with at the toll free center did not make a request for an accessible room on either reservation. Both the reservation for the reward stay and the second one were made for a standard room with two queen beds. They were not able to reserve the accessible room in advance due to them already being reserved. I will speak to the front desk agent in regards to the conduct you encountered.

At Hilton Garden Inn the breakfast is not included in the room rate unless a Bed and Breakfast Deal is reserved. This package will include breakfast for up to four guests in a room and will represent a slight discount compared to when the breakfast is purchased separately.

All of us here in Secaucus appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Due to the location of the hotel and the distance to Manhattan and the airports, I think it would benefit the hotel to have regular shuttle service to all of these places. This would definitely benefit the guests and they would be more likely to visit again. Talking from experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Frioleifur K:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your stay with us. We have looked at the possibility of shuttle to Newark Airport and New York City. Due to traffic and distance it would be almost impossible to keep a shuttle on any type of schedule. A number of our guests use the New Jersey Transit bus system to go to and from New York City by using the bus stop that is two buildings away, about a 4 or 5 minute walk. The fare for the bus is $6.40 per person round trip at this time.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again the next time you travel to our area.
Sachse, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place is a nice and recently remodeled Hotel, the Staff, The Management and the Housekeeping teams are great and very professional. The rooms are adequately sized each with a refrigerator and microwave which is great. The bad and biggest deterrent for this Hotel is the number one reason we stay at Hotels and that is to get a great nights rest while away from home. The Mattresses in this Hotel are HORRIBLE. they are air filled mattresses that has a knob on the side of the bed where you can supposedly adjust the firmness, NOT this is just there for looks I have stayed here many times and never found one that did anything, i have seen maintenance remove the air filled bags that are attached to no motor or apparatus that will inflate or deflate the bags at any given point. You lay in these Mattresses and there is a huge indentation that forms, in the middle of the night this indentation wakes you when you turn in bed and you realize you have to climb the indentation your body made while sleeping. If this Hotel changes its mattresses it would be the best one in the area simply because of the staff, otherwise don’t expect a good night’s rest with these HORRIBLE Mattresses. I hope they do change them as I would love to return as a consistent guest.

Room Tip: Stay away from any room with these air filled Mattresses
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear PlatinumMember:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I hope you will accept my apologies for any issues that you have encountered with the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System beds. The adjustment knobs adjust over a period of a few minutes with no one on the bed while it does so. The next time you visit us please let me know and we will do our best to make sure the mattress work properly and is comfortable for you.

On behalf of every one here in Secaucus I would like to thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Johnson City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My sister, a friend and I stayed over the first weekend in November and were amazed with our stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from check in to check out. Dorothea was at the desk each night and took an interest in our stay. In the morning we were given directions for a bus into New York and, though none of us had navigated a bus system before, we got through without any snags. The room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant in front of the hotel was convenient and the food was great. Overall a wonderful stay and we will definitely consider staying again should we find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Caitlin E:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn here in Secaucus. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

I hope we will get to see you again the next time you travel to the New York City area. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!