“Nice rooms, close to Newark” 3 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms, close to Newark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Room was nice and big, very clean.

Location was good if you are driving, near to Newark airport and the Lincoln tunnel for access to NYC.

I would not recommend this hotel if you are not driving, as public transport is non existant and its location on a busy freeway makes walking to nearby Secaucus impossible.

• Stayed October 2013
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear fewborg:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay wtih us. I hope you will accept my apologies if our staff did not direct you to the New Jersey Transit Bus System. They have a bus stop that is located two buildings away next to Home Depot and those buses will take riders direct to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Scott, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel and staff are excellent, they also were able to give great directions to the business that I needed to go to. Gave me maps and wrote out directions for me. Also I got excellent recommendations to restaurants that were close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Diane H:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. I am glad that our staff was able to help you have an enjoyable stay and I will share your comments with everyone.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will get to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent hotel for value, location, service. Have free parking. Room has microwave and fridge. Window can be opened a little for fresh air. The new Keurig coffee maker seem to have trouble recognizing cup placement. I ended up using the glass cup and moved it around a bit in the base to find the spot to be recognized by the device. We had an excellent stay overall.

Dear Zhaoyi M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we will see you again the next time you travel to our area.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning and the end of our NYC visit to visit our son - went to Boston and New England in the middle. The location was fantastic, the accommodations clean, roomy & comfortable, and can't say enough about the evening front desk staff - very friendly & helpful. The location is great for getting into Manhattan pretty quickly. Walk a couple blocks to pick up the NJ Transit bus 190 that comes every few minutes. Pay $3.20 (driver will make change for you - for any bill up to $20) & ride through the Lincoln Tunnel to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. You can take the same number bus back in the evening - just be aware it leaves from gate 221 about every 15 minutes all day, but leaves from gate 413 every half hour beginning at 10:30PM - last bus is around 1AM. Although you can pay cash to the driver coming in from NJ, you must buy a ticket at the ticket vending machines before departing PABT in NYC - no cash accepted going toward NJ. Watch for the Home Depot out the window on the left side of the bus to know when to request a stop - when you see it, push the strip for the stop, and you'll be let off at the closest stop to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear A Trip Advisor Member:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. The New Jersey Transit bus system to the city has three additional routes going to New York so that you dont always have to wait for the 190 going in. We have found that when getting on the bus passengers can request a round trip ticket so that it is in their pocket so that the machines at the Port Authority Bus Terminal can be avoided. I hope that will help you on your next trip to our area.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you the next time you travel to see New York City.
Buffalo, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We loved this hotel. Went for a weekend with my daughter and some other family, this was our oasis from the city. The walk to the bus stop was nicely marked so it was easy to get where we needed to go. The staff was very accommodating in every way; after a long day in Manhattan we got back to the hotel right after the pool closed- they let the kids have a swim anyway which was so nice of them! Sleep number beds, Keurig coffee makers, and the water pressure in the shower is awesome. Also, the breakfast- well worth it, the omelets to order were wonderful and the servers were great. I would stay here again for sure!

Dear Christine S:

I wouldl ike to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay. The Keurig coffee makers are a new addition for most of the Hilton Garden Inn facilities and are receiving a number of positive comments. I am glad that you found the New Jersey Transit bus system easy to use for your travel in and out of New York CIty.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will get to see you the next time you are in our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel had many problems such as always cold in the room even though it was warm outside, no safes in the room , breakfast which we paid for was cold and we paid too much for this room,considering it was located in Secaucus New Jersey. For a Hilton, I would not give it 3 stars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear A Trip Advisor Member:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I hope you will accept my apologies for the issues you mentioned. As with most hotels, we do not have safes in our rooms however there are safe deposit boxes available at the front desk complimentary. Our HVAC units in our rooms have a fan control that it is either on all the time or on auto as the room temperature changes. I do not know if in your room the fan control was on while you were here or not. I am not sure why your breakfast would be cold since all omelets and egg orders are prepared when they are placed. I will most certainly share these comments with our cooks to find out why.

All of us do appreciate you staying with us and hope we will see you again the next time you are in our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a nice place to stay great staff, good service clean comfortable hotel

The only thing I can say is there is some guy watching over the breakfast stand so have your breakfast coupon with you if you take an apple ! He was a little rude

Other then that this hotel keeps unto the Hilton brand and reputation

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pbuddy:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone so they can see how our guests feel about their stay.

All of us here in Secaucus do appreciate you staying with us and hope we will see you again the next time you are in our area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!