“Great place to stay - NYC and NJ.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place to stay - NYC and NJ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was awesome! From the proximity to NYC, via bus 320, to the hotel dining, Starbucks, to the courteous hotel staff, front desk. I would come back and stay at this hotel next time I visit NYC and NJ.

• Stayed April 2013
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Dflmmn

We would be happy to have you come back and visit our team !! Thanks for the positive feedback. I can assure you that our associates appreciate the recognition for their hard work. Thank you for your business

Miguel Kuan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent two nights here and I enjoyed my stay. The location is great with a lot to do and plenty of dining options nearby. Apparently it is also easy to travel into the city by bus or train nearby as well, but I did not try it. The service was great, breakfast good, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. They could use another elevator or two, but that issue may have been caused by the large number of people attending the same event on the same schedule at this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear number2ac

I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us and that you were able to experience the friendliness of our staff. As you have mentioned the location is very convenient for leisure and business travelers since we are so close to NYC. We have a variety of dining and shopping options within walking distance of our property. Thanks for taking the time to write positive feedback.

PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Traveled here for 3 days on business and typically choose hotels based on whether or not they provide WIFI access, as I need it for work. The connection did not work in my room and I asked several times, all but begging the staff to fix it. They tried, but ultimately said it can't be fixed. So, I was forced to do my work sitting in the hallway, lobby, and Panera Bread across the street. But due to the noise in these areas, I could not connect to meetings through my computer nor could I make phone calls that I needed to make while I accessed internet.

I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear katyf19

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, I understand how important efficient internet connectivity is for all our guest. We actually have more than the brand minimum for band width and we are currently in the process of doubling the capacity due to the increase in mobile devises used by our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, and hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to stay with us again.

Saint Clair, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I travel to this location frequently. Our company holds conferences at this hotel about six times a year. The staff always goes above and beyond. I stay in countless hotels throughout the year and this is, by far, one of my favorite locations. The addition of the Starbucks is very much welcomed. Great rooms, excellent service, great restaurant (try the pumpkin ravioli) and a great fitness room as well. For business travelers there is no need to rent a car either. Many restaurants are in walking distance as well as Walmart which does have some organic fare. You can also take the bus into NYC for a few dollars. Pick up and drop off is right outside of the hotel.

Dear SSchukra

We appreciate the positive feedback, our team loves to hear back from our guests. We understand the importance of delivering a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests. Feedback like yours incentives the team to even work harder. Thank you for staying with us.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for only one night on a business trip so I did not get an chance to check out all of the amenities extensively. However, the room was a very good size with a couch and work station as well as a bed, micrwave, fridge, iron and ironing board. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. I had a few questions and they answered them quickly and completely. I did not exeperience any issues with excessive noise even though there were many bus tours at the hotel and I was located close to the elevator.

The TV in my room was not working properly however maintenance arrived within 10 minutes to resolve the issue.

The bathroom was an adequate size - stocked with toiletries from one of my fav Bath and Body Works scents...a big plus.

I needed a large tea at the end of the night in order to wind down and relax. The coffee bar was closed however the bar was able to give me a tea in a takeout cup so I could take it back to my room. That was appreciated.

The breakfast buffet had quite a few options including eggs, panackes, home fries, fruit, pastries, juice, toast. There were only two containers of yougurt out when I went down at 8:00 am so that may be a problem for people like myself who are trying to eat healthy.

My business meeting was located only a few miles away so the hotel arranged for the free shuttle to drop our party off. That was a nice bonus.

I will definitely look at staying here again.

Dear Islndgirl

I am glad you were able to enjoy the variety of our breakfast buffet, my apologies for the TV, however I was happy that our engineering team was able to assist you immidiatley. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff, its truly appreciated. I hope you stay with us again in the future.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having worked in hospitality and hotels before, I was amazed that this hotel was able to provide the level of service, courtesy and respect that they were. WrestleMania 29 took place minutes away at MetLife Stadium and through the group rate obtained with WrestleCon (the Expo Center was a few hundred feet away), we were able to get a rate at what can only be described as criminal. Anyone who wants to give themselves a weekend in Manhattan without the hassle of parking in New York should go right to this place, which is a cheap and quick bus ride away from the Port Authority station. Our one meal from the restaurant was a great breakfast to start our day and capped off a flawless staff experience. Anyone who hires people to work at a hotel should follow this Holiday Inn as a perfect example!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance give you a view of the NY skyline.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anystrom0

By far this is one of the nicest comments we have received from any of our guest. We are located very close to NYC and we are rated very completely compared to the city. Thank you for staying with us, and for the motivating feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Much nicer than the average Holiday Inn. The decor is modern and fresh with a pleasant atmosphere. The room was clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. What more do you need. A little pricey due to proximity to the Big Apple, but not a bad value.

• Stayed April 2013
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Flyboy 110

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. The team works very hard to build customer loyalty by taking care of our guest. Thank you for checking all the boxes, and for your business.

Miguel Kuan

Been to Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands? Share your experiences!