“Great location for a convention” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
New York City, New York
“Great location for a convention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Located right in the thick of things if going to a convention or expo show. Mass transportation, shuttle busses, plenty of restaurants and a few shops if you forgot any essentials.Room was clean, bright, very comfortable. Too bad they feel the need to nickel and dime the traveler for valet parking when there is parking adjacent to hotel. Do not bother asking for a later checkout time, even if it is for only 1/2 hour and you are an elite platinum member- desk staff could care less.

In the lobby The Press Coffee Bra- really the place in the lobby where you get a cup of Starbucks. Well Eliot, behind the counter was working there. I asked for a coffee Grande, he informed me that “You can’t, we only have a tall or venti.” I thought how strange I could not have a grande, the medium size – after all he had coffee so pour a smaller or larger one. I asked why because I was puzzled at this and he was not stating why I had to change my order. He only then told me he ran out of cups. I said just put the medium size in a large cup- Elliott refused. So now I was to either go without, or purchase something in size and price I did not want. Why do I now have to purchase a smaller cup of coffee or a larger one- and waste some because I did not want the larger size- and waste money?
I know this sounds petty, and yes I know this is just coffee, was Eliot just not thinking of the customer first, or is this management technique to push something onto the customer they did not ask for. This was not an unreasonable request.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper stay away from rooms near the elevators- as usual. Rooms in front are mor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear KValente

I apologize that we weren’t able to accommodate you for a late check out, it’s not our intention to not accommodate a guest. As you mentioned we do have free parking adjacent to the property at no cost to the guest, valet parking is optional.
I am sorry to hear that the interaction you had with Elliot wasn’t a positive one, we have addressed the issue and I can assure that it wasn’t his intention to take advantage of a customer. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our guest rooms, I will pass the message along to our housekeeping team. We appreciate your business and hope that you give us an opportunity to service you again in the future.

Miguel Kuan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Muskoka District, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Two-day stay and very comfy... First time in a holiday inn. Nice bar downstairs, and a Starbucks coffee shop... Also had excellent room service burger. Helpful staff allowing an early check in which was much appreciated. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear DecoDopler

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the Bar atmosphere and the quality of our burger. I will be sure to share the positive feedback with our Food & Beverage team. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and for staying with us.

Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stay for more than 4 months now in this nice hotel, another 6 months to go! The rooms are clean and spacious and the kingsize beds are perfect. The bus to New York stops right in front of the hotel and brings you within 15 minutes and $ 8 for a round trip to Manhattan.

The hotel is modern and recently renovated and has a good coffee bar for a tasty espresso to start your day. Special thanks to the staff here. Milosh is a great bartender and Lou's smile makes it feel like home when I pass the reception. Thanks also to the 'invisible' staff that cleans my room every day and not to forget the fellows that drive me with the free! shuttle service to wherever I want in the area.

Nothing to nag? My recommendation to the hotel is to buy some wifi repeaters. Business travellers from other continents like me (Europe) need a good wifi signal to communicate with their family at home. But it depends on the room location if you have a wifi signal or not. Skyping on roaming rates brings you to bankruptcy, so wifi needs to be available in every room. Even if it is a 'free' service.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms next to the ice machines and at the front of the hotel on the lower floors. B...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Paul Van Ort

The comments you made about the staff are sincerely appreciated, as a team we understand how difficult it’s for business travelers as yourself to be away from home and we do everything possible to make people feel welcomed. I will be sure to thank Milosh and Lou personally for making the extra effort. Thanks for your business

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel about twice a month. Henry, the night manager, greets me by name and has all of my paperwork ready to go. This is a nice touch after a long flight. The rooms are clean. The gym is excellent. And there are enough restaurants nearby to keep me fed on a budget. Getting to NYC is a breeze on the bus or by shuttling over to Secaucus Junction and riding the train to NYPenn.

The hotel has free wifi, a decent restaurant/bar and coffee shop. My family has come with me a few times and the only thing they wish for is a pool....

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor - used to be smoking. Ask for something on the NY side and you may get a view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Caseycc

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our facilities, especially the newly renovated Gym. We are happy to know that Henry recognizes you as one of our guests and is able to provide you the comfort needed to come back and stay with us. We really appreciate your business and taking the time to give us your feedback

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hotel first off was clean. The rooms were above average, and the hotel restaurant/bar was a great addition. After a night out on the town in NYC, we came back to the hotel to enjoy drinks/food. If you are looking for a place to stay that is out of the city and is to transport to NYC this is your hotel. You walked around the corner to the bus stop and once you were on it, three stops and you were at the port authority in Manhattan (42nd and 8th). You were right in the heart of Time square. On a non-traffic day the bus ride was 15 - 20 min. on another day it was 25 min. We didn't have to step on the subway once. We will definitely stay again!! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Patty G

Our Housekeeping team takes pride in having clean rooms and they work very hard to assure that there is consistency in every single guest room. As you mentioned, we are very close to NY city and have a great bar that you can enjoy a cocktail, or one of our 50 types of beer. Thanks for your positive feedback and taking the time to give our team the recognition they deserve.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We couldn't find a good hotel in manhattan because it was San Patrick's weekend and most hotels were booked or the ones available were insanely expensive. We were very lucky to have found "The Holiday inn in Secaucus New Jersey. Great location if you want to be just next to manhattan. The hotel is very comfortable, friendly staff, spacious rooms. We were especially impressed with the shuttle service. Very convenient, fast and friendly. The shuttle driver Mr. Said from Spain was very accommodated and friendly. This hotel will be now my first pick when visiting New York City.
J. Pena. Salt Lake City. Utah.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Jepslc

We are glad you found our hotel as well, and that you were able to enjoy San Patrick’s Day. We appreciate you recognizing Saids efforts and will be sure to pass the message along about your positive feedback. As you mentioned we are very close to NY city, so we hope to see you again in the future when you visit the area. Thanks for staying with us.

Arnoldsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Loved this hotel. A little pricey even though the location was fantastic. Not only is it close NYC for site seeing and other things, there are tons of restaurants within walking distance.
There is a restaurant in the hotel but guests are not limited to only that choice. There is fast food right out the back door. Within a few hundred yards you have several choices for meals. From fully set down to fast food.
And for the nights you don't want to go into town, there is a huge cinema right across the street.
You can be inside NYC from this hotel within 15 minutes. And if you can get directions from someone, you can use less used routes to make things less stressful with traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Peterpan2011

Thanks for staying with us, we appreciate the positive feedback. We have many eateries in the complex, as well as the Urban Plum which is connected to the hotel with 50 varieties of beer, accompanied by a creative affordable menu, as well as the Press Cafe for lunch that also has hot/cold beverages by “We Proudly brew” products by Starbucks. Once again, thank you for your business.

Miguel Kuan

Been to Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands? Share your experiences!