“Great for a business trip” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tel Aviv
“Great for a business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here for my first ever business trip. I really enjoyed the staff, the shuttle, the breakfast (even though it is very fattening and got no vegetables, only fruits).
The rooms are rather big!! and the soaps, shampoo and body cream is "Bath & Body works'" which is cool. The bed is super comfortable. try to ask for the king size rather than the two queens since the room is also much bigger: two sinks, a big sofa, a small office corner with a table and a lamp. there is also an ironer, microwave, TV. Rooms are very clean, large variety of towels. TONS of restaurants surrounding the hotel like Red Lobster, Outback and many more. Very close to outlet stores and short ride to Jersey Gardens mall and New port mall.
I truly recommend this hotel to anyone up for business in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your review and recommendation Blink188! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your photos. Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Secaucus for your business needs and we look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!

Yours truly,
Chris Floyd, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rehovot, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel seems renovated, room are pleasant, clean, comfortable with complementary WiFi. Breakfast was standard. The shuttle service is high valued, on time and for free. The only downside was the parking fee`s (13$ per day).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Od3d: Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate your nice comments about the WiFi and overall hotel amenities.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Chris Floyd
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel is lovely. The lady who checked us in, Holly, was delightful. Prompt, attentive, she was just great. After returning from NYC ball drop New Years Eve our room smelled of smoke. My daughter is highly allergic. There were no open rooms, so we were stuck in our non smoking room, directly ABOVE the smoking room of some heavy, and up all night, smokers. I asked to be notified asap so we could change rooms. Finally fell asleep at 6 am with coughing child. Nobody called or even left a nite to call us. We slept until around one, and had to call down again about room switch. Finally moved to below smoking floor around 330. Whole day pretty much blown, but tried to salvage it. Went into city, but had to return four hours later, daughter could hardly breathe. Ended up at ER at two am. She had an asthma attack brought in by the smoke, and stayed in hospital until almost morning. Still, no management at hotel to speak to...ALL management on vacation. The hotel told guest services that someone could help me at 7 am next morning. Low and behold..no help. Poor Holly, the lovely girl who checked us in, was left to try and locate any management until almost noon. She did offer the room to us as long as we needed into afternoon. Finally, he manager called me. She was rude, offensive, and totally blew off any responsibility. I even had to wash my daughters clothes on the smoking floor..the only washer is there. She took it under advisement I was told, but we owe you nothing, either pay an additional night it take your sick daughter and leave. She is in no condition to travel, I am literally financially unable to shell out for a night I didn't plan on..nevermind the hospital charge as well as the prescribed medication charges! Then here it comes...she threatens to sue me for the charges if I stay, and hangs up on me. I am floored. manager told me " there is no sign saying it is a 100% smoke free property". I informed her I had shown it to her desk clerk a few hours ago, and taken a photo in case I needed it later. She said I don't think so. Absolutely disrespectful, no empathy whatsoever. Holly upon hearing this refuses to put us out, it bill me. She even assures me that my cash deposit will be returned. Great I tell her, I need it for extras on the way home. It costs to eat and such an extra day. So here I sit, waiting for them to attempt to charge my card ( it won't go through) or kick me out if the room or sonething if the manager gets wind of Holly being human. When I get home I will search until an attorney takes this case. I am furious. I was belittled, insulted, threatened, and Hung up on, after their pour layout sickened my child. Never ever will I ever stay in another Holiday Inn brand. Consider my Priority Club card cut in two. My thanks to Holly, and the wonderful driver who took us to the hospital, and the desk clerk the evening of Jan 1. Other than that I encountered no staff with mentioning.

• Stayed January 2012
Jackson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed here for one night while on business and really don't have anything good or bad to say about it. There is plenty of free parking on the upper level of the parking garage across the street but it is a block away and outside. You can have your car vallet parked for $13. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable but there was a bit of noise from outside the room as well as from the a/c unit in the room. The wifi in the room worked very well. I did find the staff to be friendly and helpful; check in and check out were quick and easy. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant here; I ordered a turkey club and it was aweful. As far as the value goes I thought $200 a night was kind of stiff but it's probably in line with the hotels in the area being as it's so close to NYC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear JerseyGuy05: Thank you for posting a review on this important forum for travelers. i appreciate your candidness. We're glad you enjoyed the comfortable and clean room, i will let our staff know about your comments. In regards to the information about your experience at our restaurant, I have reviewed your comments with our Chef and entire team. This is not the service or experience we strive for. I'd be glad to speak with you in person about your experience. Reviews like yours are an avenue for us to improve our business.

Chris Floyd
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

As a frequent business traveler and Diamond member of another hotel chains' reward, we usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Secaucus. With some trepidation, we booked at the Seacucus Meadowlands Holiday Inn as our usual hotel was booked. The renovated Holiday Inn was indeed a very pleasant surprise. The bar/pub called The Plum was complete redone and has an extesive menu as well as a large selection of draft beers as well as micro-brews served in a very cozy and upbeat setting. Prices are affordable. The room was well appointed and large, clean, with very comfortable beds, with a choice of hard and soft pillows.

The location close to many dining options is a very big plus. Service is very warm and attentive, which is something sorely missing at the pricier Embassy Suites next door.

I will make a point of staying in this hotel from now on when in the Secaucus area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thanks Jetdriver01 for your review and recommendation. I am pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your business stay! I will pass along your comments regarding the Urban Plum to Chef Jeff Heffner as he strives to offer interesting and affordable selections. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager
Riga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I booked my stay using Priority Club PointBreaks which was a good value for staying near NYC during our holiday (It was our first visit to US and NYC).
The check in was fast and staff was helpful. The room was large, comfortable, clean with refrigerator and microwave oven.
Location is very good - close to Manhattan (about 20 minutes by New Jersey Transit bus #320, bus stop is one block from hotel).
Surroundings are pleasant, calm, safe. Walmart and BestBuy superstores are within walking distance.
Local free shuttle service is available to Secaucus Junction Train Station (weekdays morning and evening), stop is near Hyatt hotel: http://www.ezride.org/2-1-3-Schedules/1-1-3-Sched-HarmonMeadow.html
Newark Liberty Airport is a half hour drive by taxi (we used http://www.secaucustaxi.com , it cost 30 USD to get to airport)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Overall nice hotel. Has a lot of shops and restaurants right behind it to walk to. There is a NJ bus that picks you up right near the hotel and will take you to Times Square for 7.90 round trip! Minor issues are no hot water in morning sometimes.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands? Share your experiences!