“great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
uk
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

just came back home today after spending 9 nights at this hotel.i would highly recommend it...easy to get into city(via bus).takes about 15 mins....if you want any more info simon2353@yahoo.com

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

Anyone wrestling with the idea of where to stay at while visiting NYC, Embassy Suites in Secaucus is an ideal place to stay. I grieved over the decision for months with either staying in the city or New Jersey, and after reading many post on this site decided on staying in Secaucus. It was a great decision as the commute into the city was not bad at all. It will require some planning, if your going to try to go for day trips and see a show. This was not difficult since there are so many places to hang out in the city, before taking in a Broadway show. My husband and I easily learned to navigate the Port Authority Bus Station and felt like New Yorkers by weeks end. Also, the website hopstop.com was a great tool in taking the subways from the bus stations to different areas in the city. And of course Embassy Suites was the great hotel it always is. One thing though, if you plan to stay out past 1:00am you should stay in the city, as the last bus to Secaucus is 1:00am. Also, one last thing, I highly recomend going to the top of Rockefeller Center vs the empire state building as the view is much better from this building. You can view both lower manhatten and central park. You also have a good view of the empire state building as well. Embassy Suites, great price, location and accomodations.

• Liked — Easy access to NYC & affordable price
  • Disliked — The only thing that keeps this hotel from total perfection is the tv remotes.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BOWIE, MARYLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

What a lovely weekend we had in Secaucus, NJ. We were looking for a place to stay while in town to see a show and decided to stay in NJ after learning that the NJ transit bus stops right in front of the hotel and would take us to Port Authority and we could then stroll over to the theater for 1/2 the price of staying in NY. The people at the front desk were very helpful. I don't know if if was because I am a Hilton Honors member but all my request were accomodated. Well almost all, we wanted a room with 2 doubles or queens but were told that they were all booked. I have encountered this problem at several hotels lately. But never the less the other request I made were accomodated. We took advantaged of the Manager's reception even though the manager did not come and greet us as he did some of the other people sitting nearby. I won't take points away from the other staff members that were welcoming and courteous. The breakfast was wonderful and is well worth the extra you spend if you stay at a Embassy Suites anywhere I think. Especially if you are traveling with your kids and need to feed them in the morning. The extra you may or may not pay to stay at the Embassy Suites more than covers a full breakfast for a family of 4-5. And I saw plenty of people there this particular weekend with 3-4 kids with them. I know they easily saved $40-50 on a full breakfast. And all you can eat at that. The rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint about the room is the pillows were awful, too soft for me but that's me no points off for that. I should take points off for the remote that we asked for but never received but they were so nice about everything else I'll let it go. If you are going into NY for any reason I would suggest this area. I felt very comfortable there while walking around. And after spending a day in NY's hustle and bustle to come back to a nice quiet area and be able to walk around with out doging people or being shoulder to shoulder was a joy. There are plenty of places to eat nearby/walking distance. But I guess if you didn't want to walk the hotel shuttle is there to take you within a 5 miles radius I believe they said. We didn't utilize the service but it was nice to know if was available. We are already talking about going back again. Maybe in the spring and doing some sightseeing and we will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites in Secaucus when we do.

• Liked — The proximity to NY, the surburban feels of the area and it proximity to shopping and places to eat
  • Disliked — We were not able to get a room with double beds. But I guess the early bird catches the worm. We'll book well in advance next time and see what happens.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We were 4 adults and three teenaged girls (2 rooms) visiting NYC and in order to get the best bang for our buck we decided to stay at this conveniently NYC-accessible Embassy Suites in Secaucus. The New Jersey 320 bus picks up right outside of the hotel and delivers you to the New York City Port Authority terminal near Times Square. The fare is about $3.15 for adults and the driver can make change.

There was the standard Embassy Suites complimentary breakfast buffet which definitely helped with cost containment and had decent food.

The rooms were fine, beds were comfy enough -- bathrooms were a bit smallish but still fine. There was a fridge and microwave which is great when traveling.

There was also FREE internet access in the lobby and the business center (I LOVE that!) so you could check email, print documents, etc. I think that is one of the best perks nowadays.

Also, there were several restaurants in walking distance -- go to Cheeseburger Paradise down the street. Yummy burgers -- teenager friendly!

• Liked — FREE Internet access!!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

After researching where to stay in New York City (NYC) I decided upon the Embassy Suites in Secaucus. The New Jersey 320 bus picks up right outside of the hotel and delivers you to the New York City Port Authority terminal near Times Square. The fare is roughly about 3.20 for adults and the driver can make change. I suggest buying a round trip ticket when you get on in the morning. The drive is quick and there's plenty of room on the bus. The same bus picks up for Holiday Inn and AmeriSuites along the same street.

The hotel offered the standard suite room set up which was get as I was with my wife and two kids. The kids got the sleeper sofa and my wife and I took the king size bed. Plenty of pillows, some of which were feather and a good comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was included which helped with the costs of food for the day. The food was good and plentiful. I wouldn't beat a path back for the free drink and appetizers from 5-7 though.

We decided that we needed to stay an extra day so that we could celebrate my daughters birthday in NYC and the front desk manager was not only accommodating but sent up a birthday basket with candy, popcorn and a free on demand movie!

The price was right and substantially cheaper that anything in NYC even including the bus fare. The only concern is that there's a convention center located next door so demand is high. We tried to stay again a few weeks later for 2 nights and they were completely booked.

• Liked — Room, price, location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
woodbridge, VA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

The three of us (myself, my wife, and 17-year old grandaughter )stayed here for 3 nights in July. We found the staff to be very friendly and competent, the suite reasonably priced, quiet, clean and pleasant, and the complimentary breakfast to be generous including omelettes, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, etc. They are almost finished renovating and will have a much enlarged fitness center soon but there is also one well-equipped health club three minutes walk from the hotel that hotel guests can use for a $7.50 daily charge. Parking is free and there is excellent NJ Transit bus service to Manhattan every 20 minutes from early AM to midnight-- just across the street from the hotel which is in very safe surroundings. Even at rush hour Monday AM, it took less than 25 minutes to get into the city! Restaurants including Outback and Red Lobster are a couple minutes walk from the hotel and there are 2 multiplex movies also within easy walking distance. This hotel is a perfect staging place for vacationing in New York City. Our only complaint-- the TV remote was very difficult to operate, even after it was replaced.

• Liked — good value for being so close to Manhattan
  • Disliked — the TV remote control
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed in early June for 3 nights. The hotel is spottless and well taken care of. The front desk is very helpful and the breakfast is great. The best thing about the hotel is location. It is right on bus 320 route (100 feet from hotel entrance) that takes you to the bus terminal in Manhattan (42nd street). It is a great, easy, and inexpensive ride ($3.15 for adult and under $2 for children and seniors). Good restaurants are within 5-10 minutes walking (Chilli's, Outback...). If you are visiting NY city, this is the place to stay, just take the bus.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Having to pay for internet
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands? Share your experiences!