“Simply great!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
“Simply great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We chose Secaucus as our NYC-tour accomodation because we use a big car and a mobility scooter. The candlewood suites proved to be a good choice: we parked the car at Secaucus Junction station and used the NJTransit to hop tp midtown Mannhatten. But besides this, we found the jotel itself very good. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is nice and helpful and the cupboard is alwsys full. We heartly recommand thid hotel for visiting New York.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Expensive for location, compared toHampton 2 miles away. Staff seemed to be less than accommodating compared to othe candle wood suites, and status was ignored and place in a room contrary to my settings. Pillows and bed uncomfortable and could not wait to leave.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Drober3737,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced. It is certainly disappointing our hotel did not live up to your expectations. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our team to ensure the points you've raised in this review are addressed.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This Hotel is a hidden gem! Everything is updated, clean, well appointed, and the staff is first class! Especially notable are the young gentleman and lady working the front desk. Very accommodating and courteous. They were delightful!

• Stayed August 2013
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this hotel. My family and I stayed there for two nights and we loved the staff and loved the amentities. The parking was great both in front and in the back of the hotel. They also have a grill out front that you can use for free. The have non-smoking rooms for the whole family to enjoy. The have DVD's that you can rent and they have free washer and dryer. The best thing that I really enjoyed was the FF (free fast) internet service. That's what put the hotel over the top for me! The room was kinda same for a family of 5 but the kitchen area was awesome. I would stay there again! Oh yeah...The beds were comfortable too. Not to far from Walmart, Target and a bunch of other shops. A+++++

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for five nights and found it to be a very good place.
The train from Penn station to Secaucus Junction station takes 10 minutes and costs $4, this is very frequent and can be checked on njtransit.com. It is a 20 minute walk to the hotel, if you don't feel like walking you can get the hotel shuttle in either direction. If you need to get there outside of the shuttle operating times a cab will cost you $8, provided you go with Secaucus taxi service, on arrival I was charged $14 by a different cab company from the station.
The hotel itself was very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The suite was well equipped with cooking utensils etc, microwave fridge/freezer, even if the fridge was a bit noisy. There is a guest laundry free of charge and well equipped. If you want to go shopping in Secaucus the hotel shuttle will drop you off, there is an outlet centre close by and a walmart. Overall if you are looking for a budget alternative to cramped New York hotels this is the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was transferred here after I was walked by the Candlewood Suites Jersey City. I arrived after 1AM and Homero at the front desk was so kind! He said he was sorry for what happened and he did everything he could to get me into my room as fast as possible. The room was very nice and clean. The next morning, Homero remembered me and asked how I was feeling. I definitely would stay here again and this is a place that knows how to treat a guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for 5 weeks and it was very quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful in helping us to get around to the sites like ground zero. It is located close to shopping and restaurants as well as the train to New York and the interstate. It has outdoor grills and eating area that is covered. VERY VERY CLEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must stay when in the area and it is close to New York and Hobokin, NJ where the Cake Boss has his bakery.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor but I think any room would be worth it.