“Kind and considerate staff and a very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Secaucus
Sterling Heights, MI
“Kind and considerate staff and a very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was transferred here after I was walked by the Candlewood Suites Jersey City. I arrived after 1AM and Homero at the front desk was so kind! He said he was sorry for what happened and he did everything he could to get me into my room as fast as possible. The room was very nice and clean. The next morning, Homero remembered me and asked how I was feeling. I definitely would stay here again and this is a place that knows how to treat a guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for 5 weeks and it was very quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful in helping us to get around to the sites like ground zero. It is located close to shopping and restaurants as well as the train to New York and the interstate. It has outdoor grills and eating area that is covered. VERY VERY CLEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must stay when in the area and it is close to New York and Hobokin, NJ where the Cake Boss has his bakery.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor but I think any room would be worth it.
Repentigny, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just got back from a short visit tomNYC. Stayed in Secaucus. Krishna at the front desk was extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Shuttle to train station in 5 minutes saves you $16 per day and Secaucus is only 1 stop from Penn station, takes only 15 minutes. Room very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for room furthest from highway if you like to sleep with window open
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel as our base for visiting Manhattan. The hotel was sparkling clean, the staff were friendly and the room was in great condition. We were quite surprised by the kitchenette in the room, everything was very clean and in good working order. Very quiet at night which is a huge plus after a long day of exploring New York.

This hotel is a good alternative for budget minded travellers looking to explore New York. Once you're at Secaucus Junction station, the train into Penn Station in Manhattan is only about 6 or 7 minutes and very cheap at 4$ each way. The only trouble is the hotel isn't within walking distance of the Secaucus station. The hotel does have a courtesy shuttle back and forth, but only Monday to Friday in the morning and then again from 4-9. Thankfully, the hotel is partnered with a taxi company that only charges $8 for at trip from the station to the hotel. As we were there over a weekend, we were a bit disappoitned at the lack of shuttle service on Saturdays and Sundays. The hotel is in an excellent location to market itself as a cheaper alternative to staying in Manhattan, and it would be great to see the shuttle in use on a more frequent basis. Granted, even with the taxis, it's still much more affordable than the standard $300 a night in Manhattan.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would stay there again. If you're looking for a relatively hassle free alternative to staying in New York, this hotel is for you!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good value for the price, like all long stay hotels the prices get better as monthly rates. Free laundry machines was a plus for me. There are several restaurants in the are but most out of short walking distance, with a car no problem.
The kitchenette is decent with all the necessities (Full refrigerator, dishwasher, stove top, microwave, toaster) and I make full use of it during longer stays. The rooms include an awesome recliner that is way more comfortable than it looks. Good TV, HBO included.
The overall place is clean and quiet with lots of parking. Free shuttle service to surroundings and train stations.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the end close to the stairs, I prefer 200 as it allows easy exit via stairs then th...
Oakdale, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed for Wrestlemania weekend. I thought the front desk staff was super nice and informative. They were very accommodating. The only reason why I didn't get it a perfect 5 stars was because when I came back around 5:00 pm on Sunday, my room still wasn't cleaned yet. Not sure if it was something I was suppose to do. Other then that, it was a fantastic time. Thank you to the staff of Candlewood Suites making my Wrestlemania weekend....as the Miz would say...AAAAAAWWWWEEESSOOMMMEEEE!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed in Choice Hotels many times and am a member. Two weeks ago a colleague came for an extended international stay. He arrived early and was told there were no rooms ready for him and was not for about five hours that he was able to check in. He had booked the one room suite and found it to be very uncomfortable. When inquirying with the front desk, he was basically told this is the room you got with the corporate rate and do you want to check out? He was very surprised by this kind of customer service as well as I was. I went to check on him and arranged for the bigger suite which he was very comfortable with. The room was nice but seems like it was run down a bit with the shower and sink faucet stoppers both broken. The shower stopper was totally out and placed on the side. It was nice to have a shuttle service as the office was a nice walk away but the schedule was not posted and always seemed to have left already. We had to make arrangements to change the payment card for the last two nights and was told it would be no issue. Upon checking out, when I picked him up, the desk clerk said it would have to be on all one bill which I had to explain that it was already discussed and agreed on and this is what was needed. I also had wanted to add the points to my Choice card but they said it was not possible. Not sure why as I paid for the last two nights and should have been able to apply the whole visit to my card. Last thing that I was very surprised with is when the whole transaction was completed, all the desk clerk said was "You are all done" No thank you for staying with us or have a nice trip home. Customer service in my mind could be improved. Overall my colleague's stay was nice but I would hope that these things could be improved for future guests. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear NES1234,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Secaucus? Share your experiences!